iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 28, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #5,747 of 6,983
For those who use streaming extensively like me, best is to avoid updating to latest version of your streaming apps and stick to a version that works. New Tidal versions just do not seem to be working with my 2020 DX160.
Tidal works for me but only about 50% of songs play and none will play via digital outputs.

May 29, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #5,749 of 6,983
Tidal works for me but only about 50% of songs play and none will play via digital outputs.
Get an older version of the app that works.

May 29, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #5,750 of 6,983
Just started using the parametric EQ and these things started to happen:

- Unit gets really hot
- Battery drain is doubled
- Unit shuts off after 15 mins. (I'm assuming because of the excessive heat)

Is this normal?, never used EQ before but trying it out on my Tin P1, also have the lurker mod installed and using balanced out.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #5,751 of 6,983
Just started using the parametric EQ and these things started to happen:

- Unit gets really hot
- Battery drain is doubled
- Unit shuts off after 15 mins. (I'm assuming because of the excessive heat)

Is this normal?, never used EQ before but trying it out on my Tin P1, also have the lurker mod installed and using balanced out.
IMO this is coincidental as the EQ doesn't change the power signature. It only shapes the sound by boosting/decreasing the volume level of frequencies. But it doesn't boost the volume level past what the overall volume level already is (gain). If it does, you will hear clipping or distortion. Even then it doesn't change the power usage or power output of the DAP. If it is getting really hot then you have something that is drawing power from the system faster than it would under normal circumstances. I would check to make sure you don't have something else running in the background (it is android after all), and go from there. Most android battery optimizer guides would/could possibly be helpful to you in this.

The only real scenario I have seen this happen on mine has been when I am streaming something, and have it plugged in at the same time, or after playing DSD files for a long time.

May 29, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #5,752 of 6,983
IMO this is coincidental as the EQ doesn't change the power signature. It only shapes the sound by boosting/decreasing the volume level of frequencies. But it doesn't boost the volume level past what the overall volume level already is (gain). If it does, you will hear clipping or distortion. Even then it doesn't change the power usage or power output of the DAP. If it is getting really hot then you have something that is drawing power from the system faster than it would under normal circumstances. I would check to make sure you don't have something else running in the background (it is android after all), and go from there. Most android battery optimizer guides would/could possibly be helpful to you in this.

The only real scenario I have seen this happen on mine has been when I am streaming something, and have it plugged in at the same time, or after playing DSD files for a long time.
Thanks for the reply, I have it in airplane mode already and I only use local files no streaming.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #5,753 of 6,983
Thanks for the reply, I have it in airplane mode already and I only use local files no streaming.
I would do a factory reset.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #5,756 of 6,983
My dx160 wont turn on after being rmdrained using the UAPP to topping D90. Charged it but still wont work. How do i factory reset without turning the device on?
According to the DX160 manual:
Reset: When the DX160 stop unexpectedly during operation and the keys are no longer responsive, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to reset the DX160.
But, I don't think you can reset it without turning it on.

Also, I have noticed that once in a while it will become unresponsive while powered off. If holding the power button doesn't work for you, unplug from charger, then plug it back in, and hold the power button for a time.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #5,758 of 6,983
My pwr button also dun work now. No matter what i do no chance to turn it on. Manage to get into rexovery mode but still need s the power button to cofirm selection. Ao i'm back to square one
How did you mange to get into recovery mode if your power button is not working, if you don't mind me asking? It almost sounds like something is screwy with the software but.....

You can hard reset any android device using a PC also, but if your power button isn't working, I don't think this will be a fix for you. It sounds like you might have a hardware issue that maybe needs fixed by iBasso!?

You could try THIS which shouldn't require a power button press, as long as the device is powered on (or at least in recovery mode).

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #5,760 of 6,983
Any update on when ibasso are going to sort out the problems with this device? No streaming apps are working and unit is overheating and unresponsive. Done a reset but still the same.
I would use the Android tool to reinstall the software. I don't have those issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back