iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 21, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #5,431 of 6,983
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #5,432 of 6,983
I have been experiencing extreme battery drain issues the last 4 days so much so that when earlier i would lose about 2 - 5% battery during the night, these days the device shuts down completely due to full battery depletion. I wonder what might be causing this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? any insight is welcome and would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: I mainly use UAPP and Neutron and seldom use Mango as my music app.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #5,433 of 6,983
I have been experiencing extreme battery drain issues the last 4 days so much so that when earlier i would lose about 2 - 5% battery during the night, these days the device shuts down completely due to full battery depletion. I wonder what might be causing this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? any insight is welcome and would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: I mainly use UAPP and Neutron and seldom use Mango as my music app.
Are u using Lurker's mode??

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #5,434 of 6,983
Feb 22, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #5,435 of 6,983
No i am not
Asking that because just 2 days ago installed Lurker's mode (having faced battery drain issues myself) and the battery consumption went down at about 5% per hour
(from 16% to 11% during an hour of continuous playing back using Mango OS)......

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #5,437 of 6,983
Wow, this firmware is 770Mb+ and still going. Topped it out at 820.42Mb

OMG!!! Thank you @Paul - iBasso

NOS mode. Is there any player in this sub $500 price range to be doing NOS ?7CF46621-AA89-424B-A0E9-B833CA90E3A4.jpeg

I failed once at upgrading by local file. The package successfully verified and copied but it turned off and never woken up. I left it there for 5 minutes and turned on, then went I tk updated again and the second round it successfully installing it
image.jpg
NOS Filter #5 at play!!! With Mango Player
1E188FBB-C358-47AD-8154-979DE3673BD7.jpeg
NOS filter is system wide, so Neutron won’t show it yet in the options, but if you enabled it in mango player, theN it is enabled by the system as well. You can still enable Upscaling by Neutron if so desired still. Wow!!! Who would have thought a mid tier Dx160 can be this practical !!! Amazing
3ABAFE1E-6516-491A-8FB0-F4E7442F7DB2.jpegE85502C0-C720-4A17-AD95-338BD7B51094.jpeg
Just noticed the NOS filter setting on my DX160. Can you explain how it is different from the other filter options? Google searches direct me to NOS DAC's and nothing concerning the DX160. Thank You.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #5,438 of 6,983
Asking that because just 2 days ago installed Lurker's mode (having faced battery drain issues myself) and the battery consumption went down at about 5% per hour
(from 16% to 11% during an hour of continuous playing back using Mango OS)......
I haven't touched anything except installing new versions of UAPP and Neutron. I wonder what could be the cause of this. It never discharged battery at this rate overnight. @Paul - iBasso any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,439 of 6,983
Just noticed the NOS filter setting on my DX160. Can you explain how it is different from the other filter options? Google searches direct me to NOS DAC's and nothing concerning the DX160. Thank You.
Non over sampling , so according to Niquist theories , 44.1Khz sampling rate is already beyond human hearing, just like Retina display. However, we can still tell a part if we pay attentions to Retina and higher density right ?

So, Over Sampling is the ideas of Sigma Delta techniques to reproduce the signals to be closer to real life. But just like that some people would think that it adds over saturation and contrast to the whole pictures. But technically it reduce floor noises, where as NOS is the most original and natural way but may have floor noises.

There are only 2 ways to convert digital to analog, OS or NOS. The NOS on Dx160 and Dx300 are from the capability of CL DAC chips, and it is an emulations or OverSampling but without the multiplication Rate factor

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #5,440 of 6,983
Mango isn't playing gapless MQA files. Is this normal? I'm listening Metallica S&M and it isn't the best experience. I don't have this problem with UAPP or Tidal.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #5,441 of 6,983
Hi, having read almost all this thread I am interested in this dap as a replacement for my Fiio m6. I do have a concern regarding the WiFi dropouts some seem to have though is this across the board or only some units?

Also a new Shanling m3x is due to be released next month does anyone know or have an opinion on which one has the better specs ibasso dx160, Hiby r5 or shanling m3x . I only ask your opinion as I’m a novice and don’t know that much about the technical side ; I just love listening to great sounding music!
Thank you.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #5,442 of 6,983
Hi, having read almost all this thread I am interested in this dap as a replacement for my Fiio m6. I do have a concern regarding the WiFi dropouts some seem to have though is this across the board or only some units?

Also a new Shanling m3x is due to be released next month does anyone know or have an opinion on which one has the better specs ibasso dx160, Hiby r5 or shanling m3x . I only ask your opinion as I’m a novice and don’t know that much about the technical side ; I just love listening to great sounding music!
Thank you.
Hi! WiFi dropouts ain‘t a problem for me. the issue seems to be dependent of the router you are using. So there‘s not a definitive answer here.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #5,443 of 6,983
Hi! WiFi dropouts ain‘t a problem for me. the issue seems to be dependent of the router you are using. So there‘s not a definitive answer here.
I have also read of some buying a more up to date router and having no more issues. My router is a few years old, maybe 6 or 7, but puts out a good signal and I don't have any problems through one wall (thick) and about 20 feet.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,444 of 6,983
Bought a used dx160 a few weeks ago and have been dealing with the wifi dropouts. Shortly after the screen goes to sleep the wifi disconnects. After reading that it might be caused by the router I decided to try using my phone as a hotspot. Works perfect this way. Stays connected while in sleep mode. Guess it's time for a new router or at least a firmware update. It's an older comcast router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back