iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 18, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,416 of 6,983
Why is the Wi-Fi so poor.
Because is non existent.😂 Seriously, is really bad. Better to download offline because if you're not near the router the signal dies. Also if the display goes in sleep mode it happens too.

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #5,417 of 6,983
I can stream ok if im near my router but walk away and the signal dies.
Actually i have problem only with bluetooth connection. This is really poor on ibasso and with wifi no problems. Using in my home for streaming or youtube listening all around home. No difference than any normal phone.
In any room normal reception.Yourribassoc2020? Mine is 2019

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #5,418 of 6,983
So this could probably be posted elsewhere, but this thread seems to have traction and I desperately need some opinions. Looking at the DX160 and the Fiio M11. I know their differences technically, but what about the sound? I mainly stream Amazon Music HD, do not use the built-in music app at all. I tend not to use EQ at all, so I guess I need the better sounding of the 2 DAP's naturally without any EQ adjustment.
DX160 is closer to the M11 Pro than the M11 in terms of sound quality. Where the M11 is poor, DX160 is good and the M11Pro is better.

I don't tend to use the term lifeless as i think that depends on the types of song you are listening to but the M11 lacks dynamics, depth and projects a smaller soundstage in comparison giving it a comparatively bland sound.

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #5,419 of 6,983
What I‘m really struggling with is SD Cards...

Downloading offline content from tidal is bugged. either there‘s no sound at all or it‘s heavily skipping. Works flawlessly on internal memory.

copying data to SD card using my Mac always results in some folders that either haven’t got files in them or the files are unplayable. However they are perfectly fine on my computer (or iphone). It‘s formatted as exFat and recognized by the DX160.

trying to format it using the DX160 the process is always stuck at 20%. I cannot format it as internal storage either, although I had the option few days ago.

this happened to both a PNY card which I replaced by a Sandisc Extreme because I thought the PNY was broken.
the Sandisc is more stable when using it in my pc (the PNY lost connection every now and then), but it behaves the same in the DX160.

I can live with low wifi/bluetooth signal strength but being limited to 32gb internal memory on such a device is just ridiculous. either this device is completely broken or it‘s the lurker0 mod.

has anybody else made similar experiences?
If this can‘t be fixed I will sell this piece of crap in a second.

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #5,420 of 6,983
I have an older Asus RT-AC68U router and i never have any problems with wifi.

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #5,422 of 6,983
What I‘m really struggling with is SD Cards...
From your description, it seems you buy fake SD-cards. If you used Windows, I'd suggest to use H2testw to test your cards, but I don't know a similar app for Mac. But, if you have already checked your card (I mean it: checked, not just "I'm confident"), and it is good, then you may have a defective DX160.

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #5,423 of 6,983
From your description, it seems you buy fake SD-cards. If you used Windows, I'd suggest to use H2testw to test your cards, but I don't know a similar app for Mac. But, if you have already checked your card (I mean it: checked, not just "I'm confident"), and it is good, then you may have a defective DX160.
Hi Lurker,
Thx for your reply. I will try a third sandisc card which I bought on amazon next week and will test it with that again.

what‘s funny though, I tried to format my SD again several times but it always froze at 20%. I then restarted the DX and all of a sudden it said „new SD card detected“. Since then the tidal downloads have worked without a flaw, however I didn‘t try copying files manually on it!

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #5,426 of 6,983
Just wanna say.. Thank you @Lurker0 ..
power consumption went down from 16% to 11% per hour of continuous playing time (using the same files as before..)
And in addition to that thermal control of DX160 is somehow better...
I also noticed on first listen improved sound dynamics?? (using Mango player), (that is if my mind doesn't play any games there...)
Anyways.... .. Yes overall I am pretty happy with your mode man....
Really happy...... :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Feb 20, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,427 of 6,983
Hi guys! As a kinda audiophile noob I was wondering what the difference between the LO and PO mode in the DX160 is?
I mean Line Out and Phones Out is obvious, but they kinda sound the same except that the PO is slightly higher in volume.
Is there any disadvantage in using the one over the other?

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #5,428 of 6,983
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #5,429 of 6,983
@rusbekia I would strongly recommend not using LO when using your iems. LO is selected when feeding the signal to an external amp.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #5,430 of 6,983
@rusbekia I would strongly recommend not using LO when using your iems. LO is selected when feeding the signal to an external amp.
I would suggest the same, although I switched to LO once by mistake when I was getting used to the controls. For a moment I expected ear-splitting volume, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back