iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #5,404 of 6,983
i dont understand the bit about Copy sdupdate.img to the prepared bootable SD-card, confirming to overwrite existing file.
What you need to do first is prepare the SD card with one of the programs Lurker is listing. (Win32 Disk imager for windows, or BalenaEtcher for MacOS. Google it and download the program from the official website).
then you need to download „DX160FirmwareUpdater.zip“ and extract the img-file it contains. Use that img-file to create the bootable SD card with the above mentioned programs.

when finished you need to download „DX160-A8.1-L1.28b1-sdupdate.zip“ which contains a sdupdate.img file. Copy that to the prepared sd card, replacing the file with the same name!

edit: the above linked lurker0-mod is compatible with the latest ibasso-firmware only. So make sure that this is the version you need.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5,405 of 6,983
So this could probably be posted elsewhere, but this thread seems to have traction and I desperately need some opinions. Looking at the DX160 and the Fiio M11. I know their differences technically, but what about the sound? I mainly stream Amazon Music HD, do not use the built-in music app at all. I tend not to use EQ at all, so I guess I need the better sounding of the 2 DAP's naturally without any EQ adjustment.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #5,406 of 6,983
So this could probably be posted elsewhere, but this thread seems to have traction and I desperately need some opinions. Looking at the DX160 and the Fiio M11. I know their differences technically, but what about the sound? I mainly stream Amazon Music HD, do not use the built-in music app at all. I tend not to use EQ at all, so I guess I need the better sounding of the 2 DAP's naturally without any EQ adjustment.
I‘m not sure if I‘m mistaking now, but I think I‘ve read that there‘s no Amazon music on FiiO devices?

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #5,408 of 6,983
IMO if sound is what you look then dx160 really. M11 is only for better battery and overal speed and ofcourse two slots but not for sound. I myself upgraded once from m11 to dx160 and newer looked back. M11 is different tuning - sound is technical neutrall and colder compared to dx160 but not so natural. Dx160 has more soundstage, openess, warmth, fun in sound and at the same not worse in technicalities and not far from neutral which is good for synergy with more iems. Overal more enjoyable and beter sound.So dx160 my recomendation for sure.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #5,411 of 6,983
If you're planning on streaming only you'll need to be pretty close to your router in my experience. Offline downloads take a while but work well once done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back