iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #5,236 of 6,991
Do you mean I would only need to use Lurker's firmware if I want to bypass the Android driver and at the same time use a different playback app to UAPP? I already have UAPP installed on my phone, and that's what I want to use on the DX160 whether I install it with the stock firmware or with Lurker's. By the way, Lurker also recommends to use an app such as UAPP in conjunction with his firmware:

Yes. Using Lurker's FW in conjunction with those apps is because of the fixes that he has implemented to the apps. If you look on his Github site for the FW it tells all the things he has fixed.

This part I've never really understood. Could someone please explain the difference between Mango OS and the Mango pre-installed on the DX160? Also, will it provide any benefit if I'm going to be playing my files through UAPP?

Thanks.
The Mango OS is just that, (Mango Operating System).... When you boot up the device, it boots straight to Mango player, and you can't leave it, or do anything else that you would do in android. If you are definitely going to be using UAPP, you wouldn't want to use this mode anyhow.

The benefits to this mode are that you don't have to worry about other apps running in the background. This is not to say it is better on battery life than android because it actually uses more battery (for some reason). Also, it doesn't sound any better or worse than Mango player in android. They are both "bit perfect" apps, so they interface directly with the hardware for the quality of the sound.

UAPP is also bit perfect btw, as long as you switch it on in the options section.

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #5,238 of 6,991
@goatkidbaahcity , THANK YOU! Both your suggestions (using APKPure to load Googleplay then use Googleplay to load Tidal, and swipe up to find the middle button) changed this from a useless block to a fine audio player! I even get MQA hi res bit rates for Tidal Masters items! What do DX160 buyers without access to head-fi or you do to make this work, since IBasso seems to have no instructions!? Thank you!

I wouldn’t know what to do with the DX160 without Headfi. The awesome lurker firmware, how to get play store, which android bit perfect app to use...

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #5,239 of 6,991
Is it safe to say this is betwe for sensitive iem like penon volt than the m11 or d6 pro by fiio and hiby? Just want the best possible sound quality with no hiss or impedance that also can stream music from tidal. It is on sale at Shenzhen so let me know asap as I need 2 for my mom and I

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #5,240 of 6,991
Is it safe to say this is betwe for sensitive iem like penon volt than the m11 or d6 pro by fiio and hiby? Just want the best possible sound quality with no hiss or impedance that also can stream music from tidal. It is on sale at Shenzhen so let me know asap as I need 2 for my mom and I

i'll take HiBy R5 Saber for Noise / hiss Free on Andro 2020 & iBasso AM05, no Wifi & Bluetooth electric noise + LDAC bluetooth reciever mode support in a smaller form factors

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #5,241 of 6,991
i'll take HiBy R5 Saber for Noise / hiss Free on Andro 2020 & iBasso AM05, no Wifi & Bluetooth electric noise + LDAC bluetooth reciever mode support in a smaller form factors
Thanks but apparently my mom already ordered herself the dx160 and one for me as well so I cant complain. I'm sure it will be more than enough compared to draining my phone battery with a type c adapter every hour. Our jds Atom just came so with that for bedside plus this we will be covered. She said shes officially done but I doubt it 😂. That's over $5,000 between us this week which isnt a boast its actually quite embarrassing.. but I have the Blessing 2, Penon Orb, UM 3dt Terminator, Shanling ae3, Seeaudio Yume and the Penon Fan and she got her Penon Volt+ Totem plus Fan and iBasso it00 among others. Insanity

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #5,242 of 6,991
Thanks but apparently my mom already ordered herself the dx160 and one for me as well so I cant complain. I'm sure it will be more than enough compared to draining my phone battery with a type c adapter every hour. Our jds Atom just came so with that for bedside plus this we will be covered. She said shes officially done but I doubt it 😂. That's over $5,000 between us this week which isnt a boast its actually quite embarrassing.. but I have the Blessing 2, Penon Orb, UM 3dt Terminator, Shanling ae3, Seeaudio Yume and the Penon Fan and she got her Penon Volt+ Totem plus Fan and iBasso it00 among others. Insanity
I don't think you will be disappointed with the sound out of this device. There HAVE been some in the past that have exhibited some small static, or hum, or some other noise, but you will not hear hiss from using lower ohm headphones/iems. BTW, I don't think this is a common issue. I have read a lot of reviews about this device, and I have read every page in this thread. The output from the SE side (unbalanced) is only .3 ohms, and the output from balanced (4mm) is .4 ohms (which are very low). From what I have seen, and heard for myself, there isn't many better devices in this price bracket, and maybe even up to $500 and above.

Congratz BTW!

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #5,243 of 6,991
Using the DX160 2020 version (with updated iBasso firmware, no lurker firmware installed) as a source for the TT2/M-Scaler via USB. when using UAPP, 10 seconds after a track finishes, if I don't select another song right away during that brief moment, the audio feed to the HMS/TT2 ceases and no music is heard even if I select a new track. I have to physically disconnect the USB-C cable and reconnect it into the DX160 in order for it to recognize the DAP as the USB audio source. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way to fix it?

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #5,244 of 6,991
Great going. I am sure you will enjoy it.
You should introduce your Mom to head-fi and then we will see whether she is officially done or not :D

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #5,245 of 6,991
Great going. I am sure you will enjoy it.
You should introduce your Mom to head-fi and then we will see whether she is officially done or not :D
If she joins us here, I can safely say that she is NOT done yet... heh
Using the DX160 2020 version (with updated iBasso firmware, no lurker firmware installed) as a source for the TT2/M-Scaler via USB. when using UAPP, 10 seconds after a track finishes, if I don't select another song right away during that brief moment, the audio feed to the HMS/TT2 ceases and no music is heard even if I select a new track. I have to physically disconnect the USB-C cable and reconnect it into the DX160 in order for it to recognize the DAP as the USB audio source. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way to fix it?
I am not sure what might be causing this. Try using a different app or the built in android USB audio driver and see if that makes a difference. Maybe your copy of UAPP is not working as it should and you need to uninstall/reinstall it?? Also it could be that UAPP (or the driver) is being put to sleep from the android system (a lot like wifi does when screen is off even when listening to music).

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #5,246 of 6,991
Who will be the king of the midrange

20210127_164353.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #5,248 of 6,991
Bad first impressions of the unit.

First of all it won't let the Micro SD card all the way in the player. It just bounces back when I try putting it all the way it.
It will only read it if I physically hold it down. Is this normal? If then, it saiud the card needed to be reformatted, so I have to delet all the GB of music files on it, to be able to use it?

Also The dx160 won't connect to my PC, it just says charging & when I select :use this device to: Transfer Files, it just reverts back to charge mode only!

In fact My PC keeps beeping trying to recognize the device, but it keeps beeping, like it was connected for the first time!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #5,249 of 6,991

First of all it won't let the Micro SD card all the way in the player. It just bounces back when I try putting it all the way it.
It will only read it if I physically hold it down. Is this normal? If then, it saiud the card needed to be reformatted, so I have to delet all the GB of music files on it, to be able to use it?

Also The dx160 won't connect to my PC, it just says charging & when I select :use this device to: Transfer Files, it just reverts back to charge mode only!

In fact My PC keeps beeping trying to recognize the device, but it keeps beeping, like it was connected for the first time!

Try something pointy like a pen to push the microSD card deeper, then it will lock in place.

If your microSD card is formatted in Fat32 or exFat, it should be able to read the card right away.

If you have many USB devices connected or use a hub, try to connect the DX160 with less USB devices connected.
Had the same effect cause the USB voltage wasn't enough.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #5,250 of 6,991

There is always a learning curve.

Do you have the driver from Downloads on the iBasso site loaded? Many times, the SD card isn't pushed in far enough. Try a different cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back