iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 2, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #4,351 of 6,983
Just curious, may I know what format and bit rate are you using for your music files to have 40k tracks.
Replying only to the part that's directed at me...

Here's my music library.
38,384 tracks in FLAC.
1,762 tracks in mp3 and m4a.

For the tracks in FLAC format, I'm converting with Foobar and QAAC to AAC 160 Kbps for portable usage. All of those FLAC albums are scanned with ReplayGain album mode, then applied with a +3 db gain and Advanced Limiter in the DSP chain for conversion.

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #4,352 of 6,983
Just bought the dx160, but it refuses to Scan a few cards I tried.
I'm convinced the DX160's SD card subsystem is buggy, but iBasso does not acknowledge that: the defects make it impossible to reliably write to an SD card from the DAP, but they might also manifest when reading from an SD card - although the latter works for me when using a 1TB ex-FAT SDXC card.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #4,355 of 6,983
Clearly, I need to recheck when I get back home. Thanks to all of you, I have some steps to check.

Ok, did the following:

1) Reformatted sdxc card for sure as exFat
2) Copied entire set of songs to sdxc card
3) Ran SCANNER

Somewhat different behavior. First time I ran scanner, it just died. Then, first time I ran scanner AFTER this exFat format, it stayed at 0% for a few minutes, then crept up to 5%, and then stopped, defaulting to a main screen. I then tried running scanner again. This time it stayed at 0%, crept up to 1%, then stopped and went to main screen.

The tentative conclusion I will draw is that there is something in some tags that it making the unit unhappy, causing it to choke. Looks like I will have to subdivide to see which files these are. This is going to be a task.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #4,356 of 6,983
What cable are you connecting your DX160 to your D90? 3.5mm to RCA?

Just curious, may I know what format and bit rate are you using for your music files to have 40k tracks.

For me, a lifetime (20 years) of collecting music, first from N***r, then multiple re-ripping of CD's, and then U****t. As much as possible, now in 320 AAC, but otherwise best available.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #4,357 of 6,983
Somewhat different behavior.
Have you enough free space on the card? Mango may need free space to collect tags and artwork during the scan. The more files and artwork you have, the more space is required.

Also, if you have installed my add-on, please PM me for an instruction on how to collect log files to find the reason.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #4,358 of 6,983
As much as possible, now in 320 AAC
Are you Mac user? If you are, please try to clean up the card from the hidden junk files created by Mac OS: it may confuse the scanner. Something like CleanMyDrive does the job.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #4,359 of 6,983
Have you enough free space on the card? Mango may need free space to collect tags and artwork during the scan. The more files and artwork you have, the more space is required.

Also, if you have installed my add-on, please PM me for an instruction on how to collect log files to find the reason.

386GB on a 512GB card, so should be enough.

Sorry, what add-on?

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #4,363 of 6,983
Anyone know lurker00 firmware hibyplayer where can find the gain setting?
Gain is system wide device specific setting. Don't look for it in 3rd party apps.

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #4,365 of 6,983
As someone considering this dap, and looking at several others including the hiby r3 pro, Hiby r5, Shanling m6/m6 pro, etc. is there any solid reason I’d go with one of those instead of the 160? Can anyone who has extensively used daps by Hiby, Shanling, Fiio, A&K speak to the advantages of this over those brands?
It seems like the ibasso has more firmware/software issues than those other brands. Can I expect this player to be supported for a long time? How is a battery replacement situation handled? Is ibasso support pretty good or a hassle? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back