iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 23, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #3,676 of 6,983
My battery drains quick on my DX160 as well. I have battery optimization turned off on some apps though, so maybe it may help turning it back on. I wonder if there is a good app in the play store that might help with the battery issue. I wish I could tap to wake the screen also. I hate having to constantly press the power button just to wake the screen up.

According to GSam battery manager my device is being held awake and wifi is active even when in standby. Not sure if an app or the OS is causing this.

May 23, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #3,677 of 6,983
Might be the OS. I have removed most of the apps in the dx160 (apps that can be uninstalled and disabled) and my standby time is pretty good, I guess. But the results I have are with wifi turned off when Im not using the dx160.

May 23, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #3,679 of 6,983
anyone try already dx160 2020 edition?
Does it solve wifi/bluetooth problem

Sold my 2019 edition yesterday since the usb dac mode and wireless bug getting on my nerve.
end up buying again wm1a lol

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #3,680 of 6,983
anyone try already dx160 2020 edition?
Does it solve wifi/bluetooth problem

Sold my 2019 edition yesterday since the usb dac mode and wireless bug getting on my nerve.

I have 2020 edition. Never had issues with wifi/BT in 2019 edition (and I had 2 of those), just that BT range was shorter than DX220 and other DAP. 2020 edition doesn't behave any different than 2019 edition in my case. I don't know if there is variation from unit to unit, thus my opinion is based on testing 2x 2019 models and one 2020 model.

May 23, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #3,681 of 6,983
I have the 2019 version and its wifi is barely usable even at 5ghz. BT range is terrible too. If yours dont have wifi issues then maybe reviewers get better units. I hope not.

May 23, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #3,684 of 6,983
I have the 2019 version and its wifi is barely usable even at 5ghz. BT range is terrible too. If yours dont have wifi issues then maybe reviewers get better units. I hope not.

I want to believe those are not cherry picked lol!!! Not here to defend iBasso or other manufacturers whose products I've reviewed. I can only share my experience with what I have in my hands. But from what I have seen, iBasso was pretty forthcoming when they find a problem with their stuff. When they had ghost screen issues, they came forward right away, when people were talking about BT performance, they admitted about using a different chipset with a shorter range, and even 2020 version and that display change, I'm surprised they felt guilty about difference in colors and compensated it with new buffers (also offering to upgrade 2019 users).

Don't get me wrong, I don't dismiss any claims about people having issues related to BT or wifi, and I'm glad people make their voice heard to see if others experiencing the same. But, also, since the last year I received multiple dozens of messages from people who are confused after reading DX160 thread because they don't find any issues with their BT or Wifi and they are asking me if they need to test it differently or how to make it fail lol!!!

May 24, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #3,685 of 6,983
I want to believe those are not cherry picked lol!!! Not here to defend iBasso or other manufacturers whose products I've reviewed. I can only share my experience with what I have in my hands. But from what I have seen, iBasso was pretty forthcoming when they find a problem with their stuff. When they had ghost screen issues, they came forward right away, when people were talking about BT performance, they admitted about using a different chipset with a shorter range, and even 2020 version and that display change, I'm surprised they felt guilty about difference in colors and compensated it with new buffers (also offering to upgrade 2019 users).

Don't get me wrong, I don't dismiss any claims about people having issues related to BT or wifi, and I'm glad people make their voice heard to see if others experiencing the same. But, also, since the last year I received multiple dozens of messages from people who are confused after reading DX160 thread because they don't find any issues with their BT or Wifi and they are asking me if they need to test it differently or how to make it fail lol!!!

I agree with ibasso being a good company for stepping up their honesty game. However, wouldnt it be worse now that we know that some users dont have wifi problems while some are having a difficult time using their dx160 with wifi enabled? Dont get me wrong, whenever friends ask me for a DAP, I immediately recommend for them to get an ibasso since I enjoy mine despite the issues.

May 24, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #3,686 of 6,983
I have 2020 edition. Never had issues with wifi/BT in 2019 edition (and I had 2 of those), just that BT range was shorter than DX220 and other DAP. 2020 edition doesn't behave any different than 2019 edition in my case. I don't know if there is variation from unit to unit, thus my opinion is based on testing 2x 2019 models and one 2020 model.

And soundwise??

May 24, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #3,687 of 6,983
And soundwise??

Correct me if Im wrong, I think he said that the sound difference isnt night and day and is very subtle. The difference in display quality is very noticeable though, specially if you have both 2019 and 2020 versions. Twister was very detailed on how he reviewed the 2020 version

May 24, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #3,688 of 6,983
Correct me if Im wrong, I think he said that the sound difference isnt night and day and is very subtle. The difference in display quality is very noticeable though, specially if you have both 2019 and 2020 versions. Twister was very detailed on how he reviewed the 2020 version
Sorry didn't read the review.... I will look it up.

May 24, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #3,690 of 6,983

Users who are viewing this thread

Back