iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 20, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #3,631 of 6,983
What's the reason for the standby battery drain when wifi is enabled on this device? Is there a way to fix it other than enabling airplane mode every time i have finished listening? If i don't enable airplane mode i find the device is dead after a few days in standby.

May 20, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #3,633 of 6,983
BRAVO-HD Audio CPL shortcut appeared; activated the DAC mode in Mango Player; terrible sound
I'm also having issues with DAC mode on my DX160 2020, only my problem is the cracking during playback. I also think, the bad driver might be the cause.

May 20, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #3,634 of 6,983
Been thinking about it lately.. Will a 16ohm IEM benefit from the DX160's balanced port? If yes, how?
They sure will. The balanced port on the DX160 sounds way better than the single ended, with all iems I have tried. Honestly I will never use the single ended port again, no matter what iem I am using. With the balanced port, the bass hits harder and deeper, the stage opens up even more, and the highs are a bit smoother but still extended. I was using the single ended output for the for a good while, and just recently upgraded all my cables to 4.4mm and I am amazed how much better it sounds.

May 20, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #3,635 of 6,983
I was looking to test the balanced output on the DX160. Is there any difference in getting a 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter like this over replacing the entire cable on my Sennheiser HD600s with a 4.4mm ended cable?
I would be careful with an adapter like that. As far as I know you can convert balanced to single ended, but not the other way around. I would suggest getting a balanced (4.4mm) cable.

May 20, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #3,636 of 6,983
I wrote to my friend who also has DX160 2019, he said that he has the same problem, he tried for a very long time to solve the problem with connecting the player to the PC. He said that the device is detected without errors only if you disable the mandatory driver signature in Windows (he spent the whole day figuring it out!)
6) I disabled the mandatory driver check on my pc, connected the player again and it connected without errors! I was very happy!
7) When I turned on the music and plugged in my headphones, I heard a terrible sound, a cacophony that attacked my ears!

well, I didn't have to disable the driver signature.

What I noticed was the cable iBasso shipped with the device was faulty.
Switched to one of my LG V35 USB cables and the device was recognized properly.

Try another cable. It shouldn't be that complicated.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3,637 of 6,983
well, I didn't have to disable the driver signature.

What I noticed was the cable iBasso shipped with the device was faulty.
Switched to one of my LG V35 USB cables and the device was recognized properly.

Try another cable. It shouldn't be that complicated.
This is a branded cable problem! Oh my God! This is some kind of madness! Urgently need to tell my friend about this. Thank you!
I would never have thought that a branded cable would be bad!

May 20, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #3,639 of 6,983
good evening everyone my name is enrico and i am writing from italy. I apologize in advance if my English will not be perfectly understandable.

I have been following you for a long time and in these days I have convinced myself to give an ibasso dx160.

before I had an ifi nano dsd and the few times I used it a long time ago, I remember feeling a big difference between an mp3 file and a high definition file.

my current configuration is with the B&O H9i or the B&W P7 headphones.

using a cable in the output 3.5.

I bought this item because as well as liking it a lot as an idea I had believed that my ifi was broken as I no longer felt a difference listening to the same song from apple music and then in high definition on Qobuz.

right now I'm doing tests with no time to die by billie eilish listening to him first with the p7 and then with the h9i.

the difference is monstrous: on h9i the sound is much more open and defined than on p7.

the problem, however, arises when I listen with the h9i the same song on qobuz in high definition and then on apple music.

I hear the song practically identical.

yet I think I have a good trained ear, but as before I clearly felt the difference between the two headphones, in this case I don't hear absolutely any difference.

on qobuz the quality is set to a maximum.

why?

do I have to change any settings?

should i use balanced 4.4?

in this case a cable adapter is enough for the h9i?

or do I have to buy headphones specifically for balanced 4.4?

please help me because i can't get out of it.

Thanks in advance

Enrico

May 20, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #3,640 of 6,983
good evening everyone my name is enrico and i am writing from italy. I apologize in advance if my English will not be perfectly understandable.

I have been following you for a long time and in these days I have convinced myself to give an ibasso dx160.

before I had an ifi nano dsd and the few times I used it a long time ago, I remember feeling a big difference between an mp3 file and a high definition file.

my current configuration is with the B&O H9i or the B&W P7 headphones.

using a cable in the output 3.5.

I bought this item because as well as liking it a lot as an idea I had believed that my ifi was broken as I no longer felt a difference listening to the same song from apple music and then in high definition on Qobuz.

right now I'm doing tests with no time to die by billie eilish listening to him first with the p7 and then with the h9i.

the difference is monstrous: on h9i the sound is much more open and defined than on p7.

the problem, however, arises when I listen with the h9i the same song on qobuz in high definition and then on apple music.

I hear the song practically identical.

yet I think I have a good trained ear, but as before I clearly felt the difference between the two headphones, in this case I don't hear absolutely any difference.

on qobuz the quality is set to a maximum.

why?

do I have to change any settings?

should i use balanced 4.4?

in this case a cable adapter is enough for the h9i?

or do I have to buy headphones specifically for balanced 4.4?

please help me because i can't get out of it.

Thanks in advance

Enrico
What about trying out some bit-perfect audio players instead of streaming services? I think USB Audio Player PRO would give you some good results.

May 20, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #3,641 of 6,983
What about trying out some bit-perfect audio players instead of streaming services? I think USB Audio Player PRO would give you some good results.
Thanks for your reply
Just Bought what you suggested
Set Bit perfect in the app
Now listening to jason isbell what ve i done to help using UAPP with qobuz inside and then Apple music
Stil the same:frowning2::frowning2:
Do you think do i have to use 4.4 balanced?

May 20, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #3,642 of 6,983
It might be possible that you have gone too used to how your gears sound. How about trying to freshen up your hearing by not listening to your headphones for a while? When I feel like my hearing has stagnated, I go for a week with listening to speakers or earbuds.

May 20, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3,643 of 6,983
I have to add a new try.
listeNing to the same song using qobuz and using qobuz inside UAPP...now i listen to the difference, now the difference is vero noticable.
but to have the max from the ibasso do i have to use balanced output?
if yes, do i have To buy IEM?
thanke

May 20, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #3,644 of 6,983
It might be possible that you have gone too used to how your gears sound. How about trying to freshen up your hearing by not listening to your headphones for a while? When I feel like my hearing has stagnated, I go for a week with listening to speakers or earbuds.
Yes this is a solution for sure
but my problem is not to find the difference between quality with ibasso and a normal mp3 player but to listen to the differences inside the ibasso using different sources

May 20, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,645 of 6,983
Thanks for your reply
Just Bought what you suggested
Set Bit perfect in the app
Now listening to jason isbell what ve i done to help using UAPP with qobuz inside and then Apple music
Stil the same:frowning2::frowning2:
Do you think do i have to use 4.4 balanced?
The balanced output only adds power, I don't really feel much of a difference to the 3.5 output since both outputs are using both DAC chips. Still, I'm mainly using the balanced output with my LZ A6 IEMs.
Well, for the UAPP part, I tried to suggest to use a Hi-Res lossless audio file instead of the streaming services. If the audio sources are generally 16bit 44.1kHz, I don't think you're going to hear differences beetwen different streaming services.
In my case (I play Hi-Res audio files from my micro SD card), I feel that UAPP sounds wider and cleaner than the default Mango Player from Ibasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back