iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Apr 24, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #3,361 of 6,983
I was a bit shocked when i just wanted to do something with the DX160 (2019). It was really, really hot!! It is connected via USB with my Surface Pro, it has the latest firmware with Lurker mod and I was just listening into some music on Youtube via DAC mode. Never had that before, very strange

turn down your screen brightness on 2019.it's the only thing i can think about.mine works fine that way.even in DAC mode

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #3,362 of 6,983
Thanks for the tip! I already have it on lowest brightness unfortunally. If it happens again, I will do a factory reset and see if that changes anything.. while charging it now (via wall charger), it is just a bit warm, which is fine.

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #3,363 of 6,983
hello. Anyone know how to connect DX160 to external amp. I have Topping D70 and THX AAA 789 amp. I would like to play my music in my PC -> DX160 as DAC -> then I should spdif to my D70 and RCA out OR get a lineout cable to RCA ??
I dunno which way to go and buy which cable? Can someone suggest? My THX AAA 789 can take RCA (SE) and XLR (balanced) input.

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Billy

Apr 25, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #3,364 of 6,983
So I’ve been looking at DX160 since beginning and now the new version and available cash have gotten me to order a Blue 2020 DX160!
Ordered these adapters also:
9D76BC6C-5344-4CE7-B6A2-7779C42D4EFF.jpeg
I went from 1 dap (DX90) to this new one which will make 6 I think.....Crazyness but fun....not sure when its coming but will post as soon as I can!
The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper..lol!

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #3,365 of 6,983
hello. Anyone know how to connect DX160 to external amp. I have Topping D70 and THX AAA 789 amp. I would like to play my music in my PC -> DX160 as DAC -> then I should spdif to my D70 and RCA out OR get a lineout cable to RCA ??
I dunno which way to go and buy which cable? Can someone suggest? My THX AAA 789 can take RCA (SE) and XLR (balanced) input.

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Billy
The 3.5mm output also doubles for a lineout and SPDIF coaxial output ,go to settings and switch it to what you need

Settings > Audio settings > Tap 3.5> change it from PO to LO (Line Out) or SPDIF

Just go from DX as DAC to THX AMP.

See which one you prefer. D70 to THX or DX to THX

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #3,366 of 6,983
The 3.5mm output also doubles for a lineout and SPDIF coaxial output ,go to settings and switch it to what you need

Settings > Audio settings > Tap 3.5> change it from PO to LO (Line Out) or SPDIF

Just go from DX as DAC to THX AMP.

See which one you prefer. D70 to THX or DX to THX
Thank you. So I need a cable something like this?

Attachments

• 61UDD4VGEmL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    61UDD4VGEmL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #3,367 of 6,983
Hello everyone!
After 2-3 weeks of use, I must say I'm in love with my black 2020 DX160 (Lurker 1.27).
Sure, battery could last longer -> the 1080p screen isn't completely put to shame by a 2020 Galaxy phone, and it's smoothly running a full-fledged Android 8.1!
Indeed BT and Wi-Fi range could be greater -> "You ain't going nowhere away from me"!
Power (along with added clarity) out of the 4.4mm output is _unbelievable_ for my starter standards.

Now, it might be a little off topic here, so you would excuse me... I'm heading out for a pair of decent IEMs in May to get me through the upcoming summer (and heat, and mosquitoes... Ugh!), so I'd love to collect some advices from the more experienced users watching this topic.

My budget can stretch to ~300€/320$ (Moondrop Blessing 2 area?), but I've read that there're fine IEMs for ~120$ (Moondrop Starfield?) and in between (iBasso's own IT1s, or some AudioSense's or IMR's [new EDP is tempting]?).
It really is a crowded market, and price tag... And you can't even test them yourself. There's even people claiming that some ~100$ monitors sound better than others costing 4x the price, so you would imagine my confusion!
That's why _all_ suggestions from you DX160 family are heartedly welcome!

Little of my own preferences next: fairly neutral, balanced sound; a good all-rounder (I'm listening to things from modern classical to techno), possibly a balanced connection (maybe straight 4.4mm? DAP output shines there); decent construction and isolation, and not too ugly (yeah, I know...=).

PMs welcome to keep it clean and tidy, and... Thanks a lot in advance! :beerchug:

Apr 26, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #3,371 of 6,983
Tin Hifi P1 are neutral detail monsters, and are driven very nicely out of 4.4 balanced from the DX (they are planars and really need the extra power output). If you have large ears they might not be for you, because while they sound absolutely fantastic, if they don't fit right you will be missing out on the full potential. They are around $179 or so.

Oh yeah, the T800 are fantastic also. They have more bass quantity, but are a bit bright in the 3.5 region (which can be tamed a bit with tip rolling, and cable rolling). These are also pretty detail oriented, but are not quite as neutral as the P1. These are around $300.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #3,374 of 6,983
Hello everyone!
After 2-3 weeks of use, I must say I'm in love with my black 2020 DX160 (Lurker 1.27).
Sure, battery could last longer -> the 1080p screen isn't completely put to shame by a 2020 Galaxy phone, and it's smoothly running a full-fledged Android 8.1!
Indeed BT and Wi-Fi range could be greater -> "You ain't going nowhere away from me"!
Power (along with added clarity) out of the 4.4mm output is _unbelievable_ for my starter standards.

Now, it might be a little off topic here, so you would excuse me... I'm heading out for a pair of decent IEMs in May to get me through the upcoming summer (and heat, and mosquitoes... Ugh!), so I'd love to collect some advices from the more experienced users watching this topic.

My budget can stretch to ~300€/320$ (Moondrop Blessing 2 area?), but I've read that there're fine IEMs for ~120$ (Moondrop Starfield?) and in between (iBasso's own IT1s, or some AudioSense's or IMR's [new EDP is tempting]?).
It really is a crowded market, and price tag... And you can't even test them yourself. There's even people claiming that some ~100$ monitors sound better than others costing 4x the price, so you would imagine my confusion!
That's why _all_ suggestions from you DX160 family are heartedly welcome!

Little of my own preferences next: fairly neutral, balanced sound; a good all-rounder (I'm listening to things from modern classical to techno), possibly a balanced connection (maybe straight 4.4mm? DAP output shines there); decent construction and isolation, and not too ugly (yeah, I know...=).

PMs welcome to keep it clean and tidy, and... Thanks a lot in advance! :beerchug:
You can check out Drop JVC HA-FDX1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back