iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 31, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,007 of 6,983
Nope, but I did reset bluetooth. I don't know what settings I would change that would help?
I am quoting Joe from the R5 thread.. please see if this helps.

You need to adjust LDAC connection settings as follows:
1. Go to Settings->System->About Device
2. Tap on "Build Number" numerous times until it tells you "You are now a developer!"
3. Go back up a menu level to System and you'll now see Developer Options, tap into that.
4. Scroll down until you see a bunch of Bluetooth settings, including "Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec: Playback Quality"
5. Choose among the options there.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #1,011 of 6,983
Hi guys, I have tried out the DX160 for 2 full days. The battery gives me at max 5 &1/2 hrs of play time (20% brightness, all functions i.e wifi, BT etc..turned off, low gain, volume at 40% and minimal screen time i.e turn on and off just to check - basically I just plug my T800 in and let it play). Is this normal for everyone here? The tone is very nice but battery's draining pretty rapidly.

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #1,012 of 6,983
Today I watched a review saying that streaming apps when WiFi on cause significant hiss, especially when you touch the screen while an app active. This is unacceptable for me as a Tidal user.

I saw this review, too, and unfortunately agree with the reviewer. I use a Solaris with my DX160 and experienced significant hissing watching Youtube videos and minor hissing streaming on Spotify. But when listening through the Mango / Hiby app I didn't experience much hissing. It's still not dead silent but it's not very noticeable.

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #1,014 of 6,983
I saw this review, too, and unfortunately agree with the reviewer. I use a Solaris with my DX160 and experienced significant hissing watching Youtube videos and minor hissing streaming on Spotify. But when listening through the Mango / Hiby app I didn't experience much hissing. It's still not dead silent but it's not very noticeable.
Your statement of offline listening using Mango really help me.

IMO, is our IEM that to sensitive to pick up noise from Wifi RF. try to listen it on the midnight, usually with minimum interference you may get less HISS..
And higher end DAP, may not make SOLARIS hiss free... hehehe

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #1,015 of 6,983
paul@iBasso is there a nice case coming out? The DX160 does need something to protect it more.
upload_2019-10-31_15-39-30.png
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000311925420.html

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #1,016 of 6,983
Anyone compared ibasso dx160 to Fiio M11 Pro? Impressions?
The M11 Pro is noticeably warmer.

It has more body and power behind the sound but clarity and micro details take a slight hit. Still pretty good though.

The M11 Pro gives the impression that it has a wider soundstage while the DX160 has a more transparent one.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #1,018 of 6,983
Regarding Bluetooth on the DX160. Going to Developer Settings and choosing the Various LDAC bitrates seems to work and connect. BUT.....with my FiiO BTR3 the signal is only stable (at all bitrates) if I am just sitting still. Moving the BTR3 around, even close to the DX160,causes a very quick breakup in the signal and moving around more exacerbates it. Then when I am still it plays well.
I have a small HiFi system. An AMPTASTIC MINI-1 AMPLIFIER, Wharfedale 9.1 speakers and a Bluedento APTX-HD receiver with its own DAC. The DX160 does connect but has exactly the same problem. If the DX160 is moved around (in the same room as the Router and the Budento-HD receiver) there are signal problems. When I am still it is fine. My FiiO M9 is completely stable moving around if I use LDAC (connection first) and APTX-HD with my Bludento receiver. So for those of you who want to use Bluetooth either with the FiiO BTR3 or APTX HD......... iBasso have some work to do. I know it is early days, but iBasso must optimise their Bluetooth fairly quickly. I haven't tried to connect to my HiFi via WiFi yet but will do so soon.

Is the same with the Lurker firmware or does that stabilise the Bluetooth. Could someone please check.

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #1,020 of 6,983
Regarding Bluetooth on the DX160. Going to Developer Settings and choosing the Various LDAC bitrates seems to work and connect. BUT.....with my FiiO BTR3 the signal is only stable (at all bitrates) if I am just sitting still. Moving the BTR3 around, even close to the DX160,causes a very quick breakup in the signal and moving around more exacerbates it. Then when I am still it plays well.
I have a small HiFi system. An AMPTASTIC MINI-1 AMPLIFIER, Wharfedale 9.1 speakers and a Bluedento APTX-HD receiver with its own DAC. The DX160 does connect but has exactly the same problem. If the DX160 is moved around (in the same room as the Router and the Budento-HD receiver) there are signal problems. When I am still it is fine. My FiiO M9 is completely stable moving around if I use LDAC (connection first) and APTX-HD with my Bludento receiver. So for those of you who want to use Bluetooth either with the FiiO BTR3 or APTX HD......... iBasso have some work to do. I know it is early days, but iBasso must optimise their Bluetooth fairly quickly. I haven't tried to connect to my HiFi via WiFi yet but will do so soon.

Is the same with the Lurker firmware or does that stabilise the Bluetooth. Could someone please check.

Just found turning WiFi off stabilises the Bluetooth a lot. But that doesn't help if playing Spotify streaming or Amazon HD streaming. Still not fully stable even with WiFi off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back