iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,472 of 6,983
I have forwarded this to our software team. I am not sure what they can do but have given your request to them.

Have you tried a braided cable or a shielded one? What do you mean by "stripped pattern" on the screen?

This will be fixed.

We have worked out a solution to this. It will be available very soon.
im using campfire audio spc litz cable, campfire audio copper litz cable, trn t2 cheap cable, using ibasso it01s cable, using fiio LC x.5 C spc cable, all have screeching noise.

tested using CA IO, TRN V90, iBasso IT01s, CA Comet, Phonak PFE 112, Samsung AKG IEM, all having screeching buzzing printer like noise.

if the screeching noise "issue" is fixed, clearly going to re-order the DX160 since i prefer the sound of DX160 than my trusted daily driver zx300

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #1,474 of 6,983
Hi, do the DX160 REALLY sound much better than the R5 ?
It has the same 2xDAC chips, so i wonder what could be wrong regarding the R5 vs the DX160
Thanks
Dac chips mean nothing. It's all about implementation. You can get a dap with a single AK4490 to sound better than a dual AK4499 if you know what you're doing. Also, the amp section and LPF (low pass filter) have a bigger effect on the final sound than the day chip, as does power management, component isolation, capacitor quality etc.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #1,475 of 6,983
Dac chips mean nothing. It's all about implementation. You can get a dap with a single AK4490 to sound better than a dual AK4499 if you know what you're doing.
I know that, but price point plus same double DAC architecture, we could expect some similar sound performance.
However, it doesn't seem to be the case, so what really differ between both DAP's from people who really had the possibility to try both ?

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,476 of 6,983
Is there an official statement concerning the WiFi issue from iBasso?
I really want a new DAP mostly as digital transport (to my Hugo2) but at the moment there is no model out there that meets my personal needs and taste (and doesn’t cost nearly the half or more of my Hugo) besides the dx160.
I have already placed an order but after reading all these problems I had to cancel it.
Hopefully they can fix it...

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,477 of 6,983
I really want a new DAP mostly as digital transport (to my Hugo2) but at the moment there is no model out there that meets my personal needs and taste (and doesn’t cost nearly the half or more of my Hugo) besides the dx160.
I have already placed an order but after reading all these problems I had to cancel it.
I was also on the verge of ordering it. I don't think ibasso has said anything officially re: the wifi noise.. many people don't have it .. many do .. so I'm wondering if i should take a chance!

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,478 of 6,983

I was also on the verge of ordering it. I don't think ibasso has said anything officially re: the wifi noise.. many people don't have it .. many do .. so I'm wondering if i should take a chance!

order from a place you can easily return the device if possible. if u get the non affected unit it'll be superb listening experience. even if i can get a brand new device without the screeching noise definitely willing to pay more than the msrp

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,481 of 6,983
Unfortunately this is true. They said they don't have this problem, but problem is real. Sometime make methink to refund or selling this dx160 if not possible for refund, switching to m11.

Is anyone compare with m11? Which one better? For SQ

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,482 of 6,983
Dac chips mean nothing. It's all about implementation. You can get a dap with a single AK4490 to sound better than a dual AK4499 if you know what you're doing. Also, the amp section and LPF (low pass filter) have a bigger effect on the final sound than the day chip, as does power management, component isolation, capacitor quality etc.
Personally I'd put it this way, a dual 4499 can sound worse than a 4490. Like how the dual 4490 fiio X5iii sounded worse than a single 4398 xduoo X3 due to poor implementation.

Though given the high price of higher end dacs they usually end up being better implemented.

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,483 of 6,983
order from a place you can easily return the device if possible. if u get the non affected unit it'll be superb listening experience. even if i can get a brand new device without the screeching noise definitely willing to pay more than the msrp
Sadly in my country there is no store carrying dx160 with a return policy.

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #1,485 of 6,983
i know how it feels bruh, i also need to fight with the store to get my refund lol
I have asked the store if i can try the device for a week before i buy and awaiting their reply... fingers crossed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back