iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 21, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #648 of 6,983
Amp1 doesn’t have a significant longer battery life than Amp8. Probably 60 or 90 minutes longer at max. But at this point, you gotta ask yourself would u rather have more battery at the cost of performances or ?

if you just want battery life, again, nothing beats Sony devices

Oct 21, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #649 of 6,983
Amp1 doesn’t have a significant longer battery life than Amp8. Probably 60 or 90 minutes longer at max. But at this point, you gotta ask yourself would u rather have more battery at the cost of performances or ?

I am satisfied with 8 to 10 hours personally. That gets me from home to hotel when flying generally.

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #650 of 6,983
when u talk about soundstage, is it the width or depth? I find width on n6ii single ended 3.5 is larger than its 4.4. Im curious on how's the performance on dx160. All i need is width and separation.

DX160 has very wide soundstage and ok depth. M11 has narrower width but still quite wide and shallow depth. For Example WM1A has more depth then both of them and is equally wide as dx160 and DX220.

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #651 of 6,983
DX160 has very wide soundstage and ok depth. M11 has narrower width but still quite wide and shallow depth. For Example WM1A has more depth then both of them and is equally wide as dx160 and DX220.
I think it depends upon what you listen with. I get excellent depth and width and very good separation.

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #652 of 6,983
I think it depends upon what you listen with. I get excellent depth and width and very good separation.

It more depends to what you're comparing. I would say Sony WM1A and Cowon Plenue S sounds deeper and more layered. Both Ibasso are good but not mind blowing in that regard. Ok maybe dx160 is kinda mind blowing if consider that this level of performance you can get from 400 euro device.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #653 of 6,983
It more depends to what you're comparing. I would say Sony WM1A and Cowon Plenue S sounds deeper and more layered. Both Ibasso are good but not mind blowing in that regard. Ok maybe dx160 is kinda mind blowing if consider that this level of performance you can from 400 euro device.
We can agree to disagree regarding the depth and layering. I am comparing to the WM1Z though and not the 1A, as I preferred the 1Z to the 1A as I find the 1Z has smoother highs that are more natural and a little better soundstage.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #654 of 6,983

Yes, I was referring in comparison to AMP1, I thought the battery went down to about 6 hours ... It is impossible for me to perform that EX mod (congratulations again for that), so I have to discard it completely.

In one hand, a Dx200 with which I have no intention of making changes to Amps, and in the other a Dx160, new and with warranty, Cirrus Logic DAC (as Apple uses in its devices, and which I have always liked) and with a sound that I may like more, longer battery life, and that "approaches" the Dx220, with the music I usually listen to. The balance I think would opt for the Dx160.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #656 of 6,983
Ok i had a chance to audition dx160 without a necessity of buying it. It sounds really good, have to admire. But for me, having the pioneer xdp300r its not an upgrade at all unfortunately. And im not happy about it because really wanted something new and had the money prepared for this purchase :frowning2: i definitely agree that this is an amazing value for 400, even 500 dollars. Great dynamics, very nice, smooth sound signature and good soundstage. But after first notes i already knew i will be missing this treble extension and a great airyness of the pioneer. And i think while dx160 has better dynamics and more "fun" sound, for me it hasnt this specific hi end signature- brighter, very revealing and spacious. It is spacious but not the way i like. For me it reminds me the dx80 but with better everything overall. But i will probably buy one next year anyways because i love 4,4 mm balanced out, great form factor and beautiful screen (and the sound of course, even tho its not a step up for me in this regard).

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #657 of 6,983
Can anyone confirm whether the USB DAC feature has any delay or not?

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #659 of 6,983
Hey @PinkyPowers, please could you please post more pictures of this blue dx160? Many thanks!

@Kal El

DX160 03.jpg
DX160 04.jpg
Features 01.jpg
Features 02.jpg
Features 03.jpg
Features 04.jpg

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #660 of 6,983
Under those genres, the Dx220 would do better. Ultimately, you may want to wait for DX220Max, and or DMP-Z1

The Dx160 isn’t bad with those genres. It still sound and perform beyond it $399 price here. However, there are other DAP that can do better for those genres as said above.

actually, I will add in that when you use the Line Out on the Dx160, the classical and instrumentals sound wonderful (with excellent external amplifiers)

Ok i had a chance to audition dx160 without a necessity of buying it. It sounds really good, have to admire. But for me, having the pioneer xdp300r its not an upgrade at all unfortunately. And im not happy about it because really wanted something new and had the money prepared for this purchase :frowning2: i definitely agree that this is an amazing value for 400, even 500 dollars. Great dynamics, very nice, smooth sound signature and good soundstage. But after first notes i already knew i will be missing this treble extension and a great airyness of the pioneer. And i think while dx160 has better dynamics and more "fun" sound, for me it hasnt this specific hi end signature- brighter, very revealing and spacious. It is spacious but not the way i like. For me it reminds me the dx80 but with better everything overall. But i will probably buy one next year anyways because i love 4,4 mm balanced out, great form factor and beautiful screen (and the sound of course, even tho its not a step up for me in this regard).
Seems like the DX160 may not be the dap I want. Especially due to this line - "for me it hasnt this specific hi end signature- brighter, very revealing and spacious"

@Whitigir , you said that you were working on a DX160 MAX right? Any chance it could make a comeback then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back