iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #602 of 6,983
Nobody talks about DX160 MQA support :wink: I just tested a handful of MQA FLAC files, and confirmed that DX160 supports full MQA unfolding in hardware.
@twister6 Does this works the same with TIdal MQA? Or that is just marketing stuff...?? I ask because I don't have a large library of music, and was looking for a DAP that could use full Tidal HiFi including MQA (if that is even possible) because I like the easy to find and add new music all the time.

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #603 of 6,983
looking for a DAP that could use full Tidal HiFi including MQA (if that is even possible)
that's definitely possible and also my immediate aim. iBasso DX220 is officially such a player, as are many Astell&Kern DAPs and the HiBy R5. Now it seems that the DX160 may also be one of them, although it's not officially declared anywhere and @twister6 hasn't yet said whether it actually applies to Tidal or just to files.

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #604 of 6,983
that's definitely possible and also my immediate aim. iBasso DX220 is officially such a player, as are many Astell&Kern DAPs and the HiBy R5. Now it seems that the DX160 may also be one of them, although it's not officially declared anywhere and @twister6 hasn't yet said whether it actually applies to Tidal or just to files.
Exactly, thats my doubt, applies to everything or just files saved on the card??

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #607 of 6,983
What is so good about line out?
What dx160 does better than other Daps with lineout?
The performances of it analog quality. There is a differences between the Phone Out and the Line Out quality. While the Phone Out being very powerful and clean, it provides great soundstage, details, and it own sound signature but a little behind in timbres fidelity when compared to Dx220. The Line-Out is superbly clean, it has everything that the Phone out would have in quality, in addition the timbres fidelity is definitely top notch. When paired with a good external Amplifier, you are going to have excellent performances.

in short to answer your question. The implementation of the Digital Processing side on the Dx160 is surprisingly too good for it price tag.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #608 of 6,983
The performances of it analog quality. There is a differences between the Phone Out and the Line Out quality. While the Phone Out being very powerful and clean, it provides great soundstage, details, and it own sound signature but a little behind in timbres fidelity when compared to Dx220. The Line-Out is superbly clean, it has everything that the Phone out would have in quality, but the timbres fidelity is definitely top notch. When paired with a good external Amplifier, you are going to have excellent performances.

in short to answer your question. The implementation of the Digital Processing side on the Dx160 is surprisingly too good for it price tag.

But is it better than lets say AK Norma line out?

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #610 of 6,983
I am using the DX160 all the time now for traveling. Yes...It sounds that good.

Oct 20, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #612 of 6,983
I was looking for info on the 160 vs the m11. Do we have any information on the differences
People have answered this recently in this thread.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #614 of 6,983
Thx will go back and read entire thread. Just went back. Sorry don’t have time to read all 41 pages.
Will try to get i formation elsewhere

Just search this thread for M11 in the little search box below the thread title.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #615 of 6,983
I can't find any comparison with Cowon Plenue D2. The price difference between them is small, I'd like to know which one has better sq...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back