iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 15, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #512 of 6,983
I'm looking for the best balanced adapter (4.4mm male / 2.5mm female) to use on my DX160. I bought the IT01S but they have 2.5mm balanced cable and just one adapter to 3.5mm SE. Surfing the web I found 3 models but I wait for your opinions because I'm quite noob.

- iBasso CA02: this is an adapter without cable. I'm afraid it could make the combo too long and awkward (40 EUR purchasing from Italy);
- Fiio BL44: It is the cheapest one, but what about the quality? Does it compromise the sound quality chain? (17 EUR on Amazon Italy);
- Musashino Label: the nicest of the three, and seems to be the comfiest one, but highest price; ( price ?? I found one in Japan for 72 EUR and one on Amazon US for 180 USD)

An alternative could be to change the entire cable, but I don't know how if a cheap cable will be a downgrade ( I really don't know what quality is the IT01S cable). By the way, I found these three interesting:

- Fiio LC-4.4b (40 EUR)
- Fiio LC-4.4c (75 EUR)
- Fiio LC-4.4d (110 EUR)

I don't really know what to do to get the best combination.

Suggestions are welcome! Many Thanks!
I have not heard it but have read that the FiiO is good. Ours is very good but I understand your desire to have something more compact while in your pocket. You can use it with the plug up or try what works best for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #513 of 6,983
i think i will go with blue one... we have too much black devicies on our lives...

Me too! I've chosen the blue one because I've always got black devices. I think we will be the only 2 guys with a blue DX160 :grin::grin::grin:

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #514 of 6,983
I have not heard it but have read that the FiiO is good. Ours is very good but I understand your desire to have something more compact while in your pocket. You can use it with the plug up or try what works best for you.

Thank you Paul, probably I will choose CA02 to complete the set. I can't wait for it, really excited.

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #515 of 6,983
I'm looking for the best balanced adapter (4.4mm male / 2.5mm female) to use on my DX160
Never tried myself (because I don't need an adapter), but the most beautiful adapter I saw is this one:
H1fdccf5c4d9f43678b110f5e8846500aH.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #516 of 6,983
Me too! I've chosen the blue one because I've always got black devices. I think we will be the only 2 guys with a blue DX160 :grin::grin::grin:

I will be third if I buy one since blue is my favorite color.

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #517 of 6,983
Never tried myself (because I don't need an adapter), but the most beautiful adapter I saw is this one:

Wow, it looks gorgeous. I could give it a try. It's also cheap like a Fiio BL44.

I've ordered the iBasso CA02 just a few minutes ago, but I think I will also buy that, to check the differences.

I've seen also an iBasso CA04 but I can't find it on the official website. . . maybe @Paul - iBasso can help us about.

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #519 of 6,983
I just got my first DAP the other day (DX160) since my old iPod Classic and the physical interface is perfect for me. I'm no audiophile but holy crap the sound is leagues better than my Galaxy S10e with significantly more amplifier power. The case is really nice for a factory supplied case and the button protrusions are just right for pocket operation. The inline buttons on my headphone cable were causing bad sound but once I reinstalled the factory cable with no buttons it was fine. It even drives my HD6XX cans reasonably well, although not like my Schiit desktop setup. I'm having a lot of trouble syncing with Media Monkey which is essential since I listen to almost all my music through my user created playlists. I downloaded Google Play Store and then the MM app but MM won't operate and says to update Google play Services app but it's up to date beyond the requirements so MM isn't working. So far drag/drop of music file folders to my SD card is the only way that all my manually uploaded album artwork follows. I'm new here and am forum-savvy enough to always use the search bar thoroughly before posting a threat regarding getting my playlists to work so if anyone has a link to help me with that I would be very appreciative. I'll post anymore thoughts I have on my new device. And yeah, it does guzzle some battery power.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #520 of 6,983

These are actually very good and very compact, and relatively cheap, in two flavors: 2.5mm to 4.4mm and 2.5mm to 3.5mm. Btw, the guy who started the company (DDHiFi) is former FiiO co-founder who decided to go his own way, designing accessories.

dd_hifi-05.jpg dd_hifi-06.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #521 of 6,983
I'm looking for the best balanced adapter (4.4mm male / 2.5mm female) to use on my DX160. I bought the IT01S but they have 2.5mm balanced cable and just one adapter to 3.5mm SE. Surfing the web I found 3 models but I wait for your opinions because I'm quite noob.

- iBasso CA02: this is an adapter without cable. I'm afraid it could make the combo too long and awkward (40 EUR purchasing from Italy);
- Fiio BL44: It is the cheapest one, but what about the quality? Does it compromise the sound quality chain? (17 EUR on Amazon Italy);
- Musashino Label: the nicest of the three, and seems to be the comfiest one, but highest price; ( price ?? I found one in Japan for 72 EUR and one on Amazon US for 180 USD)

An alternative could be to change the entire cable, but I don't know how if a cheap cable will be a downgrade ( I really don't know what quality is the IT01S cable). By the way, I found these three interesting:

- Fiio LC-4.4b (40 EUR)
- Fiio LC-4.4c (75 EUR)
- Fiio LC-4.4d (110 EUR)

I don't really know what to do to get the best combination.

Suggestions are welcome! Many Thanks!
I think you should cancel all your adapter orders and get something better and i speak from my experience. Fiio and ibasso adapters are meh... DD design is the worst!!

EDIT:

upload_2019-10-16_7-20-56.png

Electro Acousti is the by far the best with litz cable and rhodium plated eagle plugs.

Edit 2: Musashino Label is very very good too but i haven't heard it myself.

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-16_7-17-58.png
    upload_2019-10-16_7-17-58.png
    879.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #523 of 6,983
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #525 of 6,983
Electro Acousti is the by far the best with litz cable and rhodium plated eagle plugs.

I have very strong reservations for rhodium plugs. Rhodium is much, much harder than gold I think it will wear down the socket in the long run. if you have some highly used headphones you know the gold plating can be wore out and if you use rhodium plugs it will be the same but inside the socket. It is much easier to change the plug or the whole cable than the whole socket in a expensive device which is soldered to the mainboard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back