iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 27, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #4,984 of 6,983
Just pulled the trigger on one from Amp 3 with 20% off, so sub £280 which seems decent. Quite excited to get going. Had the Nwa45 for a few years but have moved more to streaming last few years so the music I have for that is stale to some extent.

Absolutely, it's been considered well worth its price even with the normal retail price.

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #4,985 of 6,983
Thanks all for the info about balanced. Is it better to invest in 2.5mm balanced cables and then use said converter or is 4.4mm usually all you ever need?
The adapter should be sufficient.
The DD adapter is a very good build quality and is a good option is you have different sources with 2.5 and 4.4mm balanced ports or want this flexibility.
I use this adapter with my Null 2.5mm cable into my DX160 and direct into the 2.5mm port of my Shanling Up4. Very happy.

Nov 28, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #4,986 of 6,983
I’m torn between this and the M11, but wanted to know if anyone has run PlexAmp or Plex on the iBasso. Help?
DX160 is in between the M11 and M11 Pro in terms of sound quality, closer to the M11 Pro in fact.

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #4,987 of 6,983
Those looking to pair Ibasso DX160 with full-size cans. It drives Hifiman Ananda and Aeon Flow 2 closed to satisfactory level. Sounds really clean and dynamic to to me. Awesome DAP. Still couldn't believe I got this at $320. 👍

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #4,988 of 6,983
The DX160 drives my HiFiMan Deva quite well at about 60% of the volume on 3.5 SE. I think it will definitely improve with the 4.4 balanced out.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #4,989 of 6,983
Question about music library and categorizing in the dx160 after burning hundreds of cd's, please help! I used EAC, followed the instructions and the process went pretty smoothly. This was my first time with a DAP and digitizing all my music, so i didnt' realize how important to me the accuracy of the "tags" and classifications and all the details you are able to manipulate in the EAC program were going to be. I messed up on maybe %25 of my tracks/albums. For example, under the genre heading, there's an "unknown" that has 1000 songs in it that aren't in order or formed into albums or tagged or anything. My task is to rectify this error, but is it too late? Is there a program that can go through the 5000 songs on my ibasso dx160 and group into the respective albums, with the artist and album name tagged, as well as the genre of music correct? I'm willing to do some work, I just have no idea how to begin....
Thank you (hopefully) in advance!

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4,990 of 6,983
Just pulled the trigger on one from Amp 3 with 20% off, so sub £280 which seems decent. Quite excited to get going. Had the Nwa45 for a few years but have moved more to streaming last few years so the music I have for that is stale to some extent.
Hey was it BF you got that deal? Code doesn't seem to work anymore 😔 wondered if I was missing something though

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #4,991 of 6,983
Question about music library and categorizing in the dx160 after burning hundreds of cd's, please help! I used EAC, followed the instructions and the process went pretty smoothly. This was my first time with a DAP and digitizing all my music, so i didnt' realize how important to me the accuracy of the "tags" and classifications and all the details you are able to manipulate in the EAC program were going to be. I messed up on maybe %25 of my tracks/albums. For example, under the genre heading, there's an "unknown" that has 1000 songs in it that aren't in order or formed into albums or tagged or anything. My task is to rectify this error, but is it too late? Is there a program that can go through the 5000 songs on my ibasso dx160 and group into the respective albums, with the artist and album name tagged, as well as the genre of music correct? I'm willing to do some work, I just have no idea how to begin....
Try TagScanner or dBpoweramp

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #4,992 of 6,983
Hey was it BF you got that deal? Code doesn't seem to work anymore 😔 wondered if I was missing something though
It was BF, after reading this whole thread over a couple of days I stayed up until midnight ticked over and it was on their site just after midnight. Checked it again for a friend last night and you're right, that code doesn't work. You can still get 10% off with 10%0FF50 as a code if that helps at all?

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #4,993 of 6,983
MP3tag allows you to edit all your tags. You can drag your top folder into mp3tag and it will read all the tags.
It opened my library of around 3500 files in one go.

Nov 29, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #4,994 of 6,983
Could someone help me out?
I'm trying to use the E1DA DAC with the iBasso DX160. When i connect the E1DA through the uSB-C connection, it gets power and is being recognized in PowerAMP, the IEM plays sound for 10 second, and than the sound stops. the E1DA works fine with PowerAMP of a phone, and the IEMs work fine as well.

Anyone has any clue on how to fix this?
All help is greatly appreciated!

Hi, I have the same issue. In fact many times the EIDA is not recognised though it’s getting power. Did you find a way to make it work. Thanks

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #4,995 of 6,983
It would be nice if there was control from the mango music player in the dx160 that lets you manipulate the genre categories. For instance, the lack of a capital letter makes the music a different group, or heading; ie, classical, compared to Classical. I would love to make that more efficient and combine the proper genres that are actually the same gen re. Also, for artist names, Smashing Pumpkins is listed differently than The Smashing Pumpkins. Stupid computer workings that should give humans the option to change them in program. Why can't we manipulate these things in the ibasso software??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back