iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 19, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #2,357 of 6,983
@Lurker0
If I have your mod installed, what process do I have to follow to update it? Can I directly load your mod from a later version, or do I have to update to the latest official firmware, do a factory reset, and then put the latest version of your mod?
Thanks!

Jan 19, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #2,358 of 6,983
Screenshot_2020-01-19-13-36-44-366_com.hiby.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-19-13-36-51-056_com.hiby.music.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-19-13-36-58-794_com.hiby.music.jpg

What are you talking about?

This is the version on my phone with MSEB EQ.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #2,359 of 6,983
This is the version on my phone with MSEB EQ.
It was enough to say "Hiby" :wink:

I've modified original HibyMusic a lot. It played 16 bits, 44.1 or 48kHz recordings only, and had problems playing via USB Audio (for native DSD, for free). I made it to play up to 32/384 bit perfect. The version with MSEB EQ uses relatively new Android API with 32-bit floating point samples. I don't care about EQ, but I'm addicted to bit perfect playback :D It would require a lot of efforts (if possible) to revert the new version to output integer samples instead of floating point.

Also, my build has removed ads and user info tracking, some bugs fixed. So, it is stable and almost problem free. I follow discussion of every new build in a Russian forum to know that almost every build has some problems, that I don't want to fix myself.

But I don't prevent you to install and use any official build. Also, I don't prevent you to uninstall my build. So, all is up to the end user!

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #2,360 of 6,983
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #2,361 of 6,983
It was enough to say "Hiby" :wink:

I've modified original HibyMusic a lot. It played 16 bits, 44.1 or 48kHz recordings only, and had problems playing via USB Audio (for native DSD, for free). I made it to play up to 32/384 bit perfect. The version with MSEB EQ uses relatively new Android API with 32-bit floating point samples. I don't care about EQ, but I'm addicted to bit perfect playback :D It would require a lot of efforts (if possible) to revert the new version to output integer samples instead of floating point.

Also, my build has removed ads and user info tracking, some bugs fixed. So, it is stable and almost problem free. I follow discussion of every new build in a Russian forum to know that almost every build has some problems, that I don't want to fix myself.

But I don't prevent you to install and use any official build. Also, I don't prevent you to uninstall my build. So, all is up to the end user!

"It was enough to say "Hiby" :wink:" ghehehe yeah stupid...

Thanks for the answer... And i totally understand your opinion about it. As you have done a lot of work. And if it ain't stable it's not good.

I am very positive about your addon so i am happy you made it.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

Where can i buy you a beer?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,362 of 6,983
I asked you to read the full description before use. Why didn't you do?

I have not installed your mod yet, I only hypothetically described the situation, because I have read the description several times, but I still have the doubt of how the update would be done, if it can be done directly or must go through the official firmware again. Perhaps it is that English is not my native language and some detail escapes me.

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #2,363 of 6,983
I have not installed your mod yet, I only hypothetically described the situation, because I have read the description several times, but I still have the doubt of how the update would be done, if it can be done directly or must go through the official firmware again. Perhaps it is that English is not my native language and some detail escapes me.

Thanks!

If you have old lurker mod installed, just update the original x.150 Ibasso firmware by the updater app. But you have to download manually because OTA is not working with mod.

After original flash original firmware reboot and then flash the latest lurker mode (plug in USB and press play)

It's easy as that.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #2,364 of 6,983
Yes it reads its internal memory and sd card. You have to tap file transfer in the notification drawer.

Somehow my I basso is charged from my MacBook now. Not sure if I did anything different, maybe a different cable ? Anyway. I still cannot read the files from my laptop. I clicked file transfer and now it reads US for file transfer but nothing happens. I still cannot read files from laptop or transfer files to the ibasso. Thanks again for helping me!

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #2,365 of 6,983

Thanks!
Ok I can see that if switch to file transfer and replug to the laptop it stops charging so now it is in file transfer mode but the laptop still cannot read any files nor there a prompt about transferring files ?!

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #2,366 of 6,983
Ok I can see that if switch to file transfer and replug to the laptop it stops charging so now it is in file transfer mode but the laptop still cannot read any files nor there a prompt about transferring files ?!
Are you on a Mac?

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #2,368 of 6,983
Jan 20, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #2,369 of 6,983
If you have old lurker mod installed, just update the original x.150 Ibasso firmware by the updater app. But you have to download manually because OTA is not working with mod.

After original flash original firmware reboot and then flash the latest lurker mode (plug in USB and press play)

It's easy as that.

Thanks! I am updating the official firmware first, but it always give me a verification error. I have downloaded it with my computer and with the iBasso itself, and same error both times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back