iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 7, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #2,161 of 6,991
@Paul - iBasso do you know anything in regards to the problem with automatic Wifi disconnects a while after the screen is turned off? I have this problem and it really is irritating on a device which seems to be primarily aimed at streaming Tidal and the likes. Otherwise great DAP for the price, the sound is sublime.
Please try reinstalling the firmware and do a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 7, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #2,162 of 6,991
hiss and popping is apparent out of 3.5mm on my 2.4, 5, and my phone hotspot. Other people in this thread have mentioned the same issue as well, so it's not just me. Seems like it's a problem with the DAP.

X number of devices being on my wifi could be the cause of the crackling, but no other DAP I've tried has had this issue. It's simply poor implementation, which is a damn shame because this DAP sounds great. Perhaps consider a selling a first party router? Or ethernet adapter*
Have you tried a different app? If the problem continues with a different app please ask for an exchange if your DX is within the exchange period. Or we would be happy to inspect and repair as needed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 7, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #2,163 of 6,991
Have you tried a different app? If the problem continues with a different app please ask for an exchange if your DX is within the exchange period. Or we would be happy to inspect and repair as needed.
It comes up with any app I use. Even em when I dint use any app and I just have my headphones plugged in with nothing playing. I’m not sure how widespread this issue it doesn’t seem to be isolated to just my unit.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,164 of 6,991
Hello everybody!

First post here after a looong time lurking. Thank you for your reviews, opinions and knowledge!

I am an owner of the DX160 for two weeks now too. I listen to it with my Audiosense T800 and the 4.4 balanced output. Everything I throw at this combo sounds very nice!
I have problems to get a stable bluetooth connection though. Not with headphones, nor if i use it in bluetooth amp/dac mode . It is not my primary use, but still I wished it would work properly. Firmware is the latest. Already got the input from iBasso that bluetooth is not on smartphone level. With my Hidizs AP 80 I had no issues whatsover. So for the gym I have to use that or my LGv30 now.

But all in all, awesome device, and in the end the sound quality is what matters to me :)

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #2,165 of 6,991
Already got the input from iBasso that bluetooth is not on smartphone level.

This is quite an understatement. For me, Bluetooth was essentially non-functional. I have had many devices for which Bluetooth was not a primary function but Bluetooth functionality still worked and worked well. It seems that Bluetooth issues may be more than just a small sample of total DX160's because look at just on this forum how many people are saying they have such issues. Assuming that this forum is essentially a random sampling of people, there appears to be some real QC issue. It's a shame iBasso has taken the position that it has and even that it has not been able to recreate these issues itself. I need Bluetooth functionality and, at this point, I have found a good deal on a Cayin N6ii and have moved on. I will try to return my DX160, even though I think that it generally is an excellent DAP.

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #2,167 of 6,991
My Dhas never shut down either, but they are still plagued with various issues. A demo unit I tried had an issue with the 4.4mm jack in such that the headphones sounded out of phase and only part volume when the plug was fully inserted. Mine is fine here, but I have now discovered my 3.5mm jack has the same issue as the 4.4mm on the demo unit. Time to move away from the Ibasso crap I think.
I second what others have said as well. My IEM cable has a mic and volume control, and when the 3.5 mm jack is inserted fully the sound is very off. It sounds proper when partially inserted only. I used a #6 flat steel washer (the kind used with screws) and secured it with 2 strips of masking tape. This allows a somewhat secure fit with the 3.5mm jack and prevents full insertion. I also tried an o-ring spacer from MEE audio but it didn't work well. I think your best bet would be to use a different cable, use the 4.4 mm jack, or buy a 3.5mm female to male adapter.

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #2,168 of 6,991
As has been pointed out before, you cannot use a 3.5mm jack with mic input (or a jack with more than the standard 3 connections, TRS) as the jack isn't connected to support those connections, and it's wired to also use the 4.4 balanced output.
You will get the bad sound you describe, and there's nothing wrong with the player at all.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...rrs-combating-the-misconnection-epidemic/amp/

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #2,169 of 6,991
I'm still thinking of returning mine...not only have I got serious bluetooth issues but on occasion its shut down for no reason althouugh it is rare, these two niggles are enough I feel and I'm more concerned about the random shutdown than the bluetooth. I DO want a new unit though as I feel there probably isn't any better sound from a dap at this price and I never use bluetooth.

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2,170 of 6,991
I'm still thinking of returning mine...not only have I got serious bluetooth issues but on occasion its shut down for no reason althouugh it is rare, these two niggles are enough I feel and I'm more concerned about the random shutdown than the bluetooth. I DO want a new unit though as I feel there probably isn't any better sound from a dap at this price and I never use bluetooth.
15 days return isn’t it ? Then grab a new one

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #2,172 of 6,991
My DX160 arrived today :)
Is it possible to move music files from the DX160 onboard memory to the micro sd card without plugging into the computer?
It seemed to decide for itself to put some on the player and some on the sd card.
Thanks

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #2,173 of 6,991
Hi Guys, for those on Lurker Firmware , understand that USB audio application was for Dx200/150.....but since it is part of the firmware, did you guys turn this on when using with UAPP or any APP for that matter? I noticed when i have this on, the file type isnt diplayed in the status bar ( re if the file is 44.1/192 etc)..

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #2,174 of 6,991
I noticed when i have this on, the file type isnt diplayed in the status bar
Yes, because it bypasses kernel audio driver.

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #2,175 of 6,991
Just got a dx160, the bluetooth is horrible on this one, i get it if it cant pass through walls etc and have a ten feet limit, but this thing cuts off while its two-feet or less away from me... if u totally leave it on your desk and dont touch it ever then yes its stable but any constant touch or slight interaction with the device causes the device to jump or skip while listening via bluetooth. I love the player’s size though, great screen, and of course the sound is awesome, typical ibasso sound. My last ibasso device was the dx90 and i also like this dx160 sound... so yes the bluetooth is barely useable on this one (at least on my momentum true wireless, will try it on the sony wh1000xm3 later) but the sound was so good i decided to try this one out, everything is working so far - installed apple music, spotify, tidal and youtube music and they work great so far. The 512gb card was also read no problem. One thing i noticed though compared to the hiby r6 i tried out is that this doesnt have system wide eq? Would love to have one though the sound is great already, just for variety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back