iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 29, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #1,726 of 6,983
Can anyone confirm if there is a file limit (maximum number of tracks in database) with the dx160 ?
For practical purposes, I don't think there is. I have a 1tb card with over 40,000 songs and it is fast and loads in less than 15 minutes (scans). Someone posted here that they had 70,000 or so, from what I remember. It is more the size of artwork that can cause a problem is it is too large, which just takes up room that can be used for music anyway.

I see that on the iBasso FB, they have a new FW for the DX160. Loading it now. 1.0.3. Has support for Amazon Ultra HD I think.

Yes, it will play 24/192 now. Playing a song now that is 24/96 and the DX shows at the top of the screen that it will play 24/192. Good stuff! Sounds really good. lol

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #1,728 of 6,983
Can anyone confirm if there is a file limit (maximum number of tracks in database) with the dx160 ?

My Project is done: i have converted my total collection to mp3 320kbps and loaded it to a 1tb micro SD card.
Now i have about 79000 Tracks running on my Dx160.
This is running with power amp almost to perfection.
Reading time of the library about 15 minutes..

For comparison, USB audio player pro took almost one day and even after that it took almost forever if you want to choose any track... I have deinstalled it, due to this, and due to lack of support.
Also mango player and hiby could not handle this amount of files properly as per my experience.

Actually there are some restrictions in performance..

1. Power amp is the only player who I was able to get running with this number of files. ALL other players either stuck when initial reading or are unable to handle any lists (album, artists) afterwards. If someone has experience I'm happy to share experiences.. Reading the sd card for the first time takes about 15 to 20 minutes for Poweramp.
2. There are extended waiting times when using categories in poweramp (album, artist, All Files) I posted this on poweramp forum hoping for improvement..
For example.. Triggering the category list "All Files" takes about 190 seconds to load.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #1,729 of 6,983
For practical purposes, I don't think there is. I have a 1tb card with over 40,000 songs and it is fast and loads in less than 15 minutes (scans). Someone posted here that they had 70,000 or so, from what I remember. It is more the size of artwork that can cause a problem is it is too large, which just takes up room that can be used for music anyway.

I see that on the iBasso FB, they have a new FW for the DX160. Loading it now. 1.0.3. Has support for Amazon Ultra HD I think.

Yes, it will play 24/192 now. Playing a song now that is 24/96 and the DX shows at the top of the screen that it will play 24/192. Good stuff! Sounds really good. lol
Mango was unable to scan my 512GB Samsung card with ~12,000 FLAC files. I prefer and am using UAPP so not a huge deal for me. Some other users have suggested I have some file tagging issues but I am not sure what I would be looking for in a program like MP3tag to address the issue.

Nov 29, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #1,730 of 6,983
Mango was unable to scan my 512GB Samsung card with ~12,000 FLAC files. I prefer and am using UAPP so not a huge deal for me. Some other users have suggested I have some file tagging issues but I am not sure what I would be looking for in a program like MP3tag to address the issue.
You have something on your card causing an error then, as you note. I have been using the same songs for a long time, well added new ones from HD Tracks etc., and no issues with scanning. The 1tb almost full, goes on without an issue.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #1,733 of 6,983
Anyone looking in uk/or Europe...amp3 has both colours in stock, and if you look around you will easily get a discount code of 10 maybe 12 percent . Brings the price down to around £310.
Nice.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,736 of 6,983
Also playing amazon hd music flawlessly.
20191130_141838.jpg

Really impressed with this dap overall.

Edit...bit of a battery eater though, will do a timing test tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,737 of 6,983
Does the DX160 have a proper line-out? Seeing that the SE, SPDIF and LO share the same output, I'm guessing it doesn't.
I tested the 3.5mm line out, and it is excellent performances as I already posted many pages ago. Sometimes searching the key words may be better than assuming which could also misleads other readers ? Just my 2 cents

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,738 of 6,983
I tested the 3.5mm line out, and it is excellent performances as I already posted many pages ago. Sometimes searching the key words may be better than assuming which could also misleads other readers ? Just my 2 cents

Telling me that the 3.5 mm line out has "excellent performance" does not address my question.

I don't think you know your circuitry and therefore you don't understand what I'm saying.

SO I REPEAT for you, and read carefully this time before you answer, so that you don't appear like an arrogant know-nothing :

Seeing that the SE, SPDIF and LO SHARE the SAME output---does the DX160 have a PROPER, i.e. A TRUE, line-out?

FYI, because it appears that you don't know-- a true line-out would completely bypass the headphone amp circuits... Just my two cents.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #1,739 of 6,983
Telling me that the 3.5 mm line out has "excellent performance" does not address my question.

I don't think you know your circuitry and therefore you don't understand what I'm saying.

SO I REPEAT for you, and read carefully this time before you answer, so that you don't appear like an arrogant know-nothing :

Seeing that the SE, SPDIF and LO SHARE the SAME output---does the DX160 have a PROPER, i.e. A TRUE, line-out?

FYI, because it appears that you don't know-- a true line-out would completely bypass the headphone amp circuits... Just my two cents.
Whitigir has tried telling you that it does have a line out. It would not be marked as a line out if it was not. It bypasses the internal amp and comes off of the DAC output as a true line out. I hope we can all be civil to each other.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back