iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #3,301 of 6,983
Why does the Mango player on dx160 play my album tracks from sd card in alphabetical order? I have the latest firmware. Is there a fix? If not I'm getting rid of the player.
Do you mean that instead of for example, 1-10, It plays them A, B, C etc regardless of how they really are on the album? Mine doesn't do that.

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,303 of 6,983
I tried to number each tracks manually but it didnt work perfectly. The tracks get rumbled once added to a playlist. Not sure how to fix it so I just stick with it

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #3,305 of 6,983
Sorry about that not been on here for a while and the posting system looks different. To answer your question - yes ABC regardless of the order on album.
I don't have that issue either. Is the ABC order based on the file name, or the track name in the metadata. You may need to use some software to such as mp3tag to fix the metadata (tags).

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #3,306 of 6,983
Sorry about that not been on here for a while and the posting system looks different. To answer your question - yes ABC regardless of the order on album.
Like above, sounds like a tagging issue.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #3,308 of 6,983
Think I've found a way round it. Click on the album on sd card which is in alphabetical order to play the first track then select the music motif (the one which looks like a music notation) then select the album (there should be a picture of the cover) and then when you click play first track (don't click' play all'!) the album plays in the right order - what a palaver!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #3,309 of 6,983
Hi all,

2 questions, one is more a curiosity, any reason to not have the DX160 on the ibasso international site? No Stock? and the other question is about the new 2020 version, and how to distinguish it from the 2019 version.

Thanks

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,310 of 6,983
Hi all,

2 questions, one is more a curiosity, any reason to not have the DX160 on the ibasso international site? No Stock? and the other question is about the new 2020 version, and how to distinguish it from the 2019 version.

Thanks
The 2020 version has 2020 in small lettering on the back of the player. The first version says 2019.

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,311 of 6,983
Hello guys
I have almost got all the answers to my queries regarding this DAP in previous pages.
I will be using dx160 2020(preordered) via line out with my portable/dekstop amps(I am a firm believer of dedicated external amping).
Thanks @whitgir for the line out impressions.

Btw...
Does lurker/fidelizer mod affect/improves the sound quality on LO (line out)?

Has anyone compared with stock configuration ? Is there a significant difference ?

I'll be using the following interconnect cable to connect to my balanced amp(except ba300s) which accepts pentaconn .

20200419_235916.jpg

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #3,312 of 6,983
Hello guys
I have almost got all the answers to my queries regarding this DAP in previous pages.
I will be using dx160 2020(preordered) via line out with my portable/dekstop amps(I am a firm believer of dedicated external amping).
Thanks @whitgir for the line out impressions.

Btw...
Does lurker/fidelizer mod affect/improves the sound quality on LO (line out)?

Has anyone compared with stock configuration ? Is there a significant difference ?

I'll be using the following interconnect cable to connect to my balanced amp(except ba300s) which accepts pentaconn .

20200419_235916.jpg
Sounds like a good setup, and I think you will enjoy it. If you have some crazy hard to drive headphones I would totally agree with you on the external portable amp, or even desktop amp, but keep in mind that the DX can output 1.2 watts from 4.4mm balanced out. If you are going out from SE or LO, then yes you might need some external help, because they are only putting out something like 390 milliwatts or so.

I may be totally wrong here, but I don't think that the Lurker add-on or the Fidelizer rom change the sound. As far as I can tell there isn't any DSP being used in the android system (other than the filter setting). The built in Mango player is bit-perfect, but it may be like UAPP and using its own driver rather than the system driver. My point is, it might be coloring the sound (and therefore perceived as better), but it shouldn't if the term bit-perfect is being used.

I would be more interested to hear what the sonic differences are between the 2019 and 2020 version, because of the change in hardware.

That connector should be good with the DX because it also has a Pentaconn output connector. Also keep in mind (at least for the 2019 version) that unlike most other devices from LO you CAN change the volume, and the EQ also does work with it. There are discussions on this thread talking about how weird it is, and all that... :)

Apr 19, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #3,313 of 6,983
Has anyone noticed or have had this experience with the dx160 wherein it fails to recognize USB activities? ie, it fails to recognize that it is being charged. Even after 30 mins of having it plugged in, it doesnt charge at all. Same thing happens when I try to transfer files from a computer.

I used different USB cables already but the same thing still occurred.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,314 of 6,983
Has anyone noticed or have had this experience with the dx160 wherein it fails to recognize USB activities? ie, it fails to recognize that it is being charged. Even after 30 mins of having it plugged in, it doesnt charge at all. Same thing happens when I try to transfer files from a computer.

I used different USB cables already but the same thing still occurred.

That's not a common issue. reinstall USB driver, try another cable, update firmware, etc

Apr 19, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #3,315 of 6,983
That's not a common issue. reinstall USB driver, try another cable, update firmware, etc

Actually, I have done those already and none seems to work. I have done a factory reset as well. I noticed it before but moved on with the matter, however I keep on experiencing it. I asked the question because earlier today I charged the dx160, left it for 30 mins but it never got charged. I replugged, saw the charging icon on the battery indicator, left it for 5 mins but it still did not charge. It worked on the 3rd try tho, the dx160 said "quick charging". Not sure what is causing this behavior as I have the dx160 in stock FW since the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back