iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 14, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #6,211 of 6,983
@Paul - iBasso Perhaps my request is not feasible, but it would be wonderful if Mango Player was available for download in the Play Store so that we could use it not only on iBasso DAPs, but also on DAPs of other brands. I think for many people this will be relevant... unless this is contrary to the interests of iBasso, of course. :)
I was just looking for the same thing. Once Mango has been removed is there a way to restore it? I have a 2020 model DX160.

Jan 14, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #6,214 of 6,983
Factory reset will definitely help.
I was hoping for a less aggressive option. Everything else is working fine, with Neutron and Poweramp. I’m not even sure I’d need it back, but was curious if even an apk that could be sideloaded was an option.

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #6,215 of 6,983
I was hoping for a less aggressive option. Everything else is working fine, with Neutron and Poweramp. I’m not even sure I’d need it back, but was curious if even an apk that could be sideloaded was an option.
Sure it could be sideloaded. The problem is that there isn't a downloadable version of Mango out there (that I know of).

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #6,216 of 6,983
Sure it could be sideloaded. The problem is that there isn't a downloadable version of Mango out there (that I know of).
Let me try to repackage it as an installable apk

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #6,217 of 6,983

Here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IkJ2omwOvvUPQRReF30H913MhFfDLcQS/view?usp=sharing

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #6,218 of 6,983
Jan 15, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #6,219 of 6,983
Thanks very much for this, unfortunately it wouldn’t install on my DX160. i guess if I ever do decide to go back to the Mango Player it will need a full factory restore. Not a problem for me today though, so all is well.
What FW are you on? Maybe it is simply a header issue (version mismatch)? Also, do you have "install third party apps" enabled? If none of these things are an issue it might require root to install (though I wouldn't know why)?! If that is true, it is really easy to do. You would just install the Lurker Mod, which will also give you root access. Just some thoughts. :)

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #6,220 of 6,983
Jan 17, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #6,221 of 6,983
Anyone have an issue with their DX160 where it just suddenly stops playing? Somedays it does it like 3 times in 1 hour. At first I thought it was because it was in my pocket and putting pressure on the headphone connector and maybe shorting out, but last week it did it twice while I was holding it. I could not reproduce the issue, but I did notice (the second time) that I was holding the bottom with my pinky in such a way that it was touching the case, and the connector (shorting to ground maybe?)...

Edit: Oh! And it only seems to be doing it in 3.5mm SE connections. <I know, "Well, quite using 3.5mm SE connections"> :scream:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #6,222 of 6,983
I don't think it's a short circuit. I read somewhere that the DX160 has a glass back. Do you use the silicone case? There may also have been a static discharge. You may be familiar with it, you are walking on a plastic-coated surface and you get a shock when you touch a metal part. Does it affect music stored on a memory card or streams from the Internet? Maybe use a different player app. Did you notice this behavior before the firmware update?

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #6,223 of 6,983
I don't think it's a short circuit. I read somewhere that the DX160 has a glass back. Do you use the silicone case? There may also have been a static discharge. You may be familiar with it, you are walking on a plastic-coated surface and you get a shock when you touch a metal part. Does it affect music stored on a memory card or streams from the Internet? Maybe use a different player app. Did you notice this behavior before the firmware update?
Actually that makes a lot of sense, since it happens a lot while in my pocket, and there is really no way to recreate it faithfully that I have found, until now. I will have to test it out. That also explains why it did it a few times while holding it, but my finger was touching the volume knob and the headphone jack. I do use the plastic case that comes with it. It doesn't affect music on the player other than it suddenly just stops playing. I have not tested it with any other player other than Neutron.

I have not updated the FW since the Aug, 2021 update. I have been holding off on the newest one to make sure there aren't any bugs. I also don't update any apps (or even install new ones), unless I update the FW. I have seen too many times an app that has been updated for the newest version of android, being broken for older versions.

Anyhow, Thanks for the reply. :beerchug:

Jan 20, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #6,224 of 6,983
For me, the last firmware update fixed (probably) the error of the black screen when restarting. Probably therefore, because I completely reset the device to factory settings. The other thing about the silicone case, when I have a 3.5mm plug in said jack, my fingers can't get to any metal surfaces at all, except for the adjacent 4.4mm jack. But that shouldn't trigger the effect you describe. Install a freeware player as a test so that there are no costs and try playing offline music or internet radio for a longer period of time.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #6,225 of 6,983
Hello, I have DX160(2020) with a pair of BGVP DM8(wood).
My situation is that I found it nearly impossible to get "right" volume, either too loud or too quiet.
I have already set the DX160 in low gain, and just 1/100 or 2/100 volume control can drive the DM8.
Would anything help my situation? Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back