1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    No, I never worked on the dx160. Ibasso is working on DX220Max though

2. Luke Thomas
    Since the 160 does MQA. Does this mean. Tidals MQA files will be played properly.

3. twister6 Contributor
    If hardware supports MQA decoding, it should work with Tidal as well (based on what I read). I only have access to MQA files which I confirmed with DX160, don't have Tidal subscription; perhaps someone can chime in to confirm this.

4. icefalkon
    Just order from iBasso.com, it gets to you in 3 days.

5. seanwee
    Can anyone compare the N5ii to the DX160 SQ wise?

Thanks

6. icefalkon
    The DX160 is a great piece of "mid-fi". Does it sound as good as the DX220 stock. IMHO no. But is it a slamming player for the money? Yes absolutely. It handles every headphone I've thrown at it, and every IEM I've thrown at it amazingly. But then again, I'm specifically "not" comparing it to the DX220 as they are different animals. I think the sound coming from the DX160 has a really great foot-tapping musicality that beats other DAP's in it's price range. I love that it's pocket-friendly, that the wifi works flawlessly for me, and that my Test Music tracks...all FLAC and WAV play without a hitch.

7. TheNameIsGerald
    without going too much off-topic, do we know where this is heading? Refreshed internals? More storage? Bigger screen? Why Max?

8. HansBarbarossa
    Просто фото :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  9. buonassi
    Comparing dx160 single ended to dx150 amp 7 I'm definitely getting a little more width. Biggest difference is the tonality, which I previously described. Second biggest difference is the stage height. There's an arch just above my head where the sound follows when panning left right effect happens. Compared to dx157 which travels in a straight line through the center of my head.

The timbre of cymbals is much more pleasant than dx157. And the image seems a bit more laser focused. Each note is precise and lacking of all haziness or diffuse tendencies. Yet there is no metallic sharpness and it's smooth. Resolving of low level detail is very good. Just clean and pleasant!

Dynamics are good too. But I find I need to turn it up a bit louder than I normally listen to really get the best range of amplitudes. But I listen soft, so most normal volume should be good with dynamics.

Arghavan likes this.
  10. mickerru
    Anyone tried the line out of the dx160. Hows the spundstage?

11. cschau81

WOW!!!!

12. jamato8 Contributor
    I use the DX160 as a source on a regular basis now and love it. I use it with the Jade II and the LTA Z10e with the Voce and the Abyss (latest version). The sound at times is magical, depending on the recording.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  13. seanwee
    How does this compare to the FiiO M11Pro? Anyone hear both of them yet?

14. mickerru
    This made me excited. I do hope it does great on the soundstage width

15. TheNameIsGerald
    ExpatinJapan likes this.
First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last