1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last
  1. siruspan
    I've received a review sample from polish distributor from first pre-order batch which what I was told was minimal and its now out of stock. He's now waiting for new shipment by the end of the month.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. Paul - iBasso
    I have not heard it but have read that the FiiO is good. Ours is very good but I understand your desire to have something more compact while in your pocket. You can use it with the plug up or try what works best for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  3. Kal El
    Me too! I've chosen the blue one because I've always got black devices. I think we will be the only 2 guys with a blue DX160 :grin::grin::grin:

4. Kal El
    Thank you Paul, probably I will choose CA02 to complete the set. I can't wait for it, really excited.

5. Lurker0
    Never tried myself (because I don't need an adapter), but the most beautiful adapter I saw is this one:
    [​IMG]

6. mwhals
    I will be third if I buy one since blue is my favorite color.

Kal El likes this.
  7. Kal El
    Wow, it looks gorgeous. I could give it a try. It's also cheap like a Fiio BL44.

I've ordered the iBasso CA02 just a few minutes ago, but I think I will also buy that, to check the differences.

I've seen also an iBasso CA04 but I can't find it on the official website. . . maybe @Paul - iBasso can help us about.

8. iFi audio
    That's not a lot.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
    fokta likes this.
  9. ozzynichols
    I just got my first DAP the other day (DX160) since my old iPod Classic and the physical interface is perfect for me. I'm no audiophile but holy crap the sound is leagues better than my Galaxy S10e with significantly more amplifier power. The case is really nice for a factory supplied case and the button protrusions are just right for pocket operation. The inline buttons on my headphone cable were causing bad sound but once I reinstalled the factory cable with no buttons it was fine. It even drives my HD6XX cans reasonably well, although not like my Schiit desktop setup. I'm having a lot of trouble syncing with Media Monkey which is essential since I listen to almost all my music through my user created playlists. I downloaded Google Play Store and then the MM app but MM won't operate and says to update Google play Services app but it's up to date beyond the requirements so MM isn't working. So far drag/drop of music file folders to my SD card is the only way that all my manually uploaded album artwork follows. I'm new here and am forum-savvy enough to always use the search bar thoroughly before posting a threat regarding getting my playlists to work so if anyone has a link to help me with that I would be very appreciative. I'll post anymore thoughts I have on my new device. And yeah, it does guzzle some battery power.

sandlapprs and rcoleman1 like this.
  10. twister6 Contributor
    These are actually very good and very compact, and relatively cheap, in two flavors: 2.5mm to 4.4mm and 2.5mm to 3.5mm. Btw, the guy who started the company (DDHiFi) is former FiiO co-founder who decided to go his own way, designing accessories.

dd_hifi-05.jpg dd_hifi-06.jpg

sandlapprs, Whitigir, Kal El and 2 others like this.
  11. superuser1
    I think you should cancel all your adapter orders and get something better and i speak from my experience. Fiio and ibasso adapters are meh... DD design is the worst!!

EDIT:

upload_2019-10-16_7-20-56.png

Electro Acousti is the by far the best with litz cable and rhodium plated eagle plugs.

Edit 2: Musashino Label is very very good too but i haven't heard it myself.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Xinlisupreme, sandlapprs and fokta like this.
  12. JRichardson1228
    You weren't lying, that thing is bloody gorgeous.

13. superuser1
    Just visually I'm afraid!!

14. fokta
    Hahaha... carefully... 20190928_083609.jpg

Xinlisupreme and superuser1 like this.
  15. siruspan
    I have very strong reservations for rhodium plugs. Rhodium is much, much harder than gold I think it will wear down the socket in the long run. if you have some highly used headphones you know the gold plating can be wore out and if you use rhodium plugs it will be the same but inside the socket. It is much easier to change the plug or the whole cable than the whole socket in a expensive device which is soldered to the mainboard.

sandlapprs and buonassi like this.
First

Back
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Next

Last