iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #316 of 6,983
Ahhh gonna do mods on firmware, i passed :/

Lurker's fw mods are a lifesaver, adding GP and other stuff, very easy to install; since DX200, DX150, DX220, and sounds like soon for DX160.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #317 of 6,983
Lurker's fw mods are a lifesaver, adding GP and other stuff, very easy to install; since DX200, DX150, DX220, and sounds like soon for DX160.

why should a consumer of a product have to rely on 3rd party firmware when all iBasso needs to do is have their software dev team look at the firmware that makes things better (I understand why no GP Store because of licensing) and add those bits to their house firmware?

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #318 of 6,983
why should a consumer of a product have to rely on 3rd party firmware when all iBasso needs to do is have their software dev team look at the firmware that makes things better (I understand why no GP Store because of licensing) and add those bits to their house firmware?

As a consumer you know what you are buying up front. Ibasso daps does not come with GP, if that is important why should you be interested in this dap?

There are several daps with GP, buy those, can't really see the problem here?

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #319 of 6,983
As a consumer you know what you are buying up front. Ibasso daps does not come with GP, if that is important why should you be interested in this dap?

There are several daps with GP, buy those, can't really see the problem here?

thanks for the response, I guess I should have stated that I was posing a rhetorical question. I will remember that next time I post one.

I don't begrudge anyone the joy of modding their devices, but most people don't want to have to go beyond paying their hard earned money and enjoying their purchase.

instead of having to play guinea pig to a non polished device

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #320 of 6,983
thanks for the response, I guess I should have stated that I was posing a rhetorical question. I will remember that next time I post one.

I don't begrudge anyone the joy of modding their devices, but most people don't want to have to go beyond paying their hard earned money and enjoying their purchase.

There is no cost involved for the firmware from Lurker. And using his firmware does not constitute being a guinea pig. I have been using the DX160 and it is very polished and sounds superb and is extremely fast in response time and use. I use it for IEM and headphones and the LO. No issues.

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #321 of 6,983
There is no cost involved for the firmware from Lurker. And using his firmware does not constitute being a guinea pig. I have been using the DX160 and it is very polished and sounds superb and is extremely fast in response time and use. I use it for IEM and headphones and the LO. No issues.
flashing firmware, would it be void the warranty?

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #322 of 6,983
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 25, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #323 of 6,983

I use the DX150 and before that DX200. I have never used Lurkers mod, i don't need it. Several daps don't come with GP, most of them with a reason. If you read the different threads or maybe just search Google you will find the reason why.

No offense meant :)

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #324 of 6,983
Is there any tutorial for the Lurker mod though?

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #325 of 6,983
I'm between the DX160 and the R5 but no Play Store is a bummer. I use a lot UAPP app.

How difficult is to flash new firmware? I know how to use ADB tool (used a couple of times with PH-1) but I'm afraid it could void the warranty.

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #326 of 6,983
which lurker firmware are u using?

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #327 of 6,983

no, but when you spend money with a company you shouldn't have to go through constant upgrade cycles to get the device to function as advertised. add new features, sure that is acceptable, but basic functionality (i.e. power management etc.) is paramount in my world

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #328 of 6,983
I use the DX150 and before that DX200. I have never used Lurkers mod, i don't need it. Several daps don't come with GP, most of them with a reason. If you read the different threads or maybe just search Google you will find the reason why.

No offense meant :)

I have been compiling Android ROMs for various devices since v. 3.1 (honeycomb) and 7 iterations later I think I have a good idea of what Android is about so no offense taken

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #329 of 6,983
no, but when you spend money with a company you shouldn't have to go through constant upgrade cycles to get the device to function as advertised. add new features, sure that is acceptable, but basic functionality (i.e. power management etc.) is paramount in my world
What? Windows updates, my iPhone makes improvement and updates, my iWatch has had power improvements and updates and everything else I have that has a firmware. Sony AR7 II and III have gone through many updates to improve power use, focus etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back