iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Aug 11, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #5,941 of 6,983
It all depends on the features that you want, and which UI looks better to you. Mango is a great app in and of itself. That being said, I personally use Neutron. Neutron, UAPP, and the Hiby app, are all bit-perfect players, so you will get the same sound from them (as well as Mango). Their DSP are where you might get some differences sonically as they all use different algorithms to accomplish this.
Glad to know Hiby app is bit-perfect, im quiet familiar with that app.
i wonder if sony music app is bit perfect too...has a lots of interesting software/DSP features.
it should be bit-perfect tho considering they have multiple android based DAPs

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #5,942 of 6,983
Glad to know Hiby app is bit-perfect, im quiet familiar with that app.
i wonder if sony music app is bit perfect too...has a lots of interesting software/DSP features.
it should be bit-perfect tho considering they have multiple android based DAPs
Sony music app is only useable on Xperia devices I'm afraid (from what I am seeing). There IS Sony music center for all android devices, but I don't think it is bit-perfect. Of course I could be totally wrong, but that is what I have found so far.

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #5,943 of 6,983
Sony music app is only useable on Xperia devices I'm afraid (from what I am seeing). There IS Sony music center for all android devices, but I don't think it is bit-perfect. Of course I could be totally wrong, but that is what I have found so far.
Glad you mentioned Neutron. I've installed that now and am having a play with it. I like it so far...

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #5,944 of 6,983
Glad you mentioned Neutron. I've installed that now and am having a play with it. I like it so far...
Once you get over the learning curve, I think it is a superb player. Having a learning curve can be a good thing though, because the more of a curve it has, the more things it can do out of the norm... :) This doesn't always hold true for all software, but in this case I believe it to be true.

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #5,945 of 6,983
Here's my review of the DX160, with comparisons to Hiby R5s and Sony NW-A105 Walkman.

Curious if anyone has hypotheses about why battery life was so poor for me. I get ~6 hours of music listening to IEMs on 3.5mm. If I don't use the device at all, the battery will drain dead in 24 hours.

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #5,946 of 6,983
Here's my review of the DX160, with comparisons to Hiby R5s and Sony NW-A105 Walkman.

Curious if anyone has hypotheses about why battery life was so poor for me. I get ~6 hours of music listening to IEMs on 3.5mm. If I don't use the device at all, the battery will drain dead in 24 hours.

Obviously there is an issue and either the battery needs replacement or a hardware issue. Most likely it needs a new battery. I get over 10 hours of use.

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #5,947 of 6,983
Obviously there is an issue and either the battery needs replacement or a hardware issue. Most likely it needs a new battery. I get over 10 hours of use.
Have you changed the battery since you first purchased it?

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #5,948 of 6,983
Have you changed the battery since you first purchased it?
No but I have taken the back off and it isn't hard to change the battery. My wife's iPhone I have had to change the battery twice on. It is more hassle to get to the battery than the DX160.

Aug 14, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #5,949 of 6,983
Can I use Apple Music on the DX160?

Aug 14, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #5,951 of 6,983
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #5,953 of 6,983
Hello everyone. We will have a FW coming out but it will be a little while before it is out. I don't have a definition of a little while because there are always things with FW that have to be worked through and as soon as you do one thing, it something messes up something else so a lot of debugging of the debugging FW. But it will be happening.
Hi Paul, it's been two months so far, has something changed in this respect, are we aproaching the new soft at last? Besides, do you consider to give DX160 higher Android version? Maybe it would also solve some problems with its stability. As far as wifi is concerned I can't understand why it does not handle higher 5GHz channels, is it a firmware/hardware issue? Can it be solved?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #5,954 of 6,983
Hi Paul, it's been two months so far, has something changed in this respect, are we aproaching the new soft at last? Besides, do you consider to give DX160 higher Android version? Maybe it would also solve some problems with its stability. As far as wifi is concerned I can't understand why it does not handle higher 5GHz channels, is it a firmware/hardware issue? Can it be solved?
Not sure what you mean by not handle 5GHz?! That is they only way I connect to my home WiFi.

But, like you, I would also like to see an update to the OS iteself (though I doubt very much this will happen). A lot of developers code their updates to keep the newest version of the OS as bug free as they can, which in turn breaks it for older versions sometimes. For instance, a while back the dev of UAPP did some bug fixes for whatever newest version of android came out, but it caused major battery drain for the version of android on our DX160. @superuser1 emailed them, and they replied to him that they would fix it in the next update (or the one after that).

I realize this isn't iBasso's responsibility, but if the DAP is still on the market, it should at least be considered (it would certainly keep it fresh for the new people wanting to buy it). Either way though, I am still happy with my DX160, so I am not complaining, just suggesting...:)

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #5,955 of 6,983
5 ghz, as opposed to the older 2.5 ghz.
Here in the flat, I assign the 2.5 ghz range as guest and the 5 ghz for family members...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back