iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 29, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #4,996 of 6,983
It was BF, after reading this whole thread over a couple of days I stayed up until midnight ticked over and it was on their site just after midnight. Checked it again for a friend last night and you're right, that code doesn't work. You can still get 10% off with 10%0FF50 as a code if that helps at all?
Yeah missed it. Noticed the other code though so yes! Appreciate it though. Enjoy when yours arrives

Nov 30, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #4,997 of 6,983
It would be nice if there was control from the mango music player in the dx160 that lets you manipulate the genre categories. For instance, the lack of a capital letter makes the music a different group, or heading; ie, classical, compared to Classical. I would love to make that more efficient and combine the proper genres that are actually the same gen re. Also, for artist names, Smashing Pumpkins is listed differently than The Smashing Pumpkins. Stupid computer workings that should give humans the option to change them in program. Why can't we manipulate these things in the ibasso software??

Agree. I'd also like to be able to listen to a song and have the option to go straight to the album that contains the song (all of my previous DAPs have this functionality). I do like the availability of organizing the songs based on "recently added," which I have only seen previously on my WM1A.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #4,998 of 6,983
A lot of the early Meizu players had the "recently added" option. To me its crucial especially when I bulk load my player and then spend ages trying to figure out what I just added. I listen to a lot of death metal and vaporwave, both types of music has a long stand tradition of having utterly unremarkable band names.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #4,999 of 6,983
Hey does anyone have a link to or can point to where I can read and learn the ins and outs of using the other EQ option on the DX160 with the “shelves” and all. I can’t remember the name of the EQ type but want to learn about it.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #5,000 of 6,983
Thanks all for the info about balanced. Is it better to invest in 2.5mm balanced cables and then use said converter or is 4.4mm usually all you ever need?
Most of the DAPs are using 4.4mm in lieu of 2.5mm. It’s mainly AK daps that have held on to the 2.5mm for so long, but even that is changing. If you’re looking to buy forward, you might want to go the other way, but a 4.4 cable and use a 4.4–>2.5mm adaptor. You’ll probably get more use out of the cable.
also invest in a good 4.4–>3.5mm adaptor so you can use it with your computer, phone and other devices.
just my $0.02

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #5,001 of 6,983
Hi there folks......
On my computer's operating system (Windows 7) when i plug DX160 the option "transfering files" is not available there....just the option "transfering photos" is available on DX160's menu and then DCIM and INTERNAL STORAGE folders appears on my computer's screen
the only way to transfer files is to copy them directly to the DCIM folder ,In addition to this the sd card is not recognizable ,anyone has any idea on what should i do there???

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #5,003 of 6,983
Hi there folks......
On my computer's operating system (Windows 7) when i plug DX160 the option "transfering files" is not available there....just the option "transfering photos" is available on DX160's menu and then DCIM and INTERNAL STORAGE folders appears on my computer's screen
the only way to transfer files is to copy them directly to the DCIM folder ,In addition to this the sd card is not recognizable ,anyone has any idea on what should i do there???
For "transferring files" have you pulled down the notification bar and look at the USB options for it there?

I think for the SD card you'll have to properly format it on the DX160 before it can show up.

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #5,004 of 6,983
For "transferring files" have you pulled down the notification bar and look at the USB options for it there?

I think for the SD card you'll have to properly format it on the DX160 before it can show up.
Whne you scroll the DX160 menu there are 3 options for the USB connectivity as you know:
Charging DX160
Transferring files
Transferring photos
Well the only one recognizable from my PC is the option 'transfering photos"
Then two folders appears on the screen photos and DCIM
The only way coping files to DX160
is inside DCIM folder....
That's the problem friend....

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #5,005 of 6,983
Does anybody know where the USB audio output setting is on Mango player? I tried to connect Dx160 to my IFI without success thus far and can't find any configuring options.....

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #5,006 of 6,983
Agree. I'd also like to be able to listen to a song and have the option to go straight to the album that contains the song (all of my previous DAPs have this functionality). I do like the availability of organizing the songs based on "recently added," which I have only seen previously on my WM1A.
Yes I agree with both.The mango player needs a few improvements.
If you have track artist and album artist in the tags it seems to select the album artist, annoyingly, for the on screen display. Also the mango app still doesn't restart a track from where it left off, reverting to the track start. Hopeless if trying to listen to a 2 hour DJ/producer mix. Neither of these happened on the old DX80 mango

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #5,007 of 6,983
Whne you scroll the DX160 menu there are 3 options for the USB connectivity as you know:
Charging DX160
Transferring files
Transferring photos
Well the only one recognizable from my PC is the option 'transfering photos"
Then two folders appears on the screen photos and DCIM
The only way coping files to DX160
is inside DCIM folder....
That's the problem friend....
That's strange. I'm not sure what would exactly fix it outside of trying generic troubleshooting like factory reset and making sure all the firmware/software is up to date.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #5,008 of 6,983
Question about music library and categorizing in the dx160 after burning hundreds of cd's, please help! I used EAC, followed the instructions and the process went pretty smoothly. This was my first time with a DAP and digitizing all my music, so i didnt' realize how important to me the accuracy of the "tags" and classifications and all the details you are able to manipulate in the EAC program were going to be. I messed up on maybe %25 of my tracks/albums. For example, under the genre heading, there's an "unknown" that has 1000 songs in it that aren't in order or formed into albums or tagged or anything. My task is to rectify this error, but is it too late? Is there a program that can go through the 5000 songs on my ibasso dx160 and group into the respective albums, with the artist and album name tagged, as well as the genre of music correct? I'm willing to do some work, I just have no idea how to begin....
Thank you (hopefully) in advance!
I use Tag&rename, works really good for very large libraries, as you can do task and apply them to large number of MP3, manages folders and cover art really good too.. BTW I have a library of over 30k MP3 files all done with EAC.. unfortunately FLAC was not big when I ripped my CDs

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #5,009 of 6,983
Most of the DAPs are using 4.4mm in lieu of 2.5mm. It’s mainly AK daps that have held on to the 2.5mm for so long, but even that is changing. If you’re looking to buy forward, you might want to go the other way, but a 4.4 cable and use a 4.4–>2.5mm adaptor. You’ll probably get more use out of the cable.
also invest in a good 4.4–>3.5mm adaptor so you can use it with your computer, phone and other devices.
just my $0.02

Thanks for the advice! I think I will invest in 4.4 cables and get the 44 -> 3.5 adaptor for flexibility.

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #5,010 of 6,983
Does anybody know where the USB audio output setting is on Mango player?
There are no such settings. If you want to use an external USB DAC, you'd better use players which support it directly: Hiby, Neutron, UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back