iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Dec 4, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #5,026 of 6,983
I don't know exactly it can seem to be quite long before the device reboot

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #5,027 of 6,983
I don't know exactly it can seem to be quite long before the device reboot
Thanks, I'll try again though not having any luck at the moment.
Edit: Waiting for the dealer to get back to me, think this is going to have to go back. Cannot get the screen to turn on at all, beginning to wonder if there's a loose connection internally as was fully charged shortly before it went off.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #5,028 of 6,983
Hi, I have bought "USB Audio Player PRO" from Google play store using an android smart phone. Do you guys know any simple way to install google store on DX160? I was unlucky flashing a cooked ROM. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #5,029 of 6,983
Hi, I have bought "USB Audio Player PRO" from Google play store using an android smart phone. Do you guys know any simple way to install google store on DX160? I was unlucky flashing a cooked ROM. Thanks in advance.

Just get it from the stock APKPure app already in your DX160.

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #5,030 of 6,983
I have the "lurker" firmware addon, and have the Google Play store... Can't remember if that came with Lurker, Or if it came with one of the IBasso Firmware updates. If you have not checked, try updating your firmware; you might get Play Store. If not there with latest firmware, then download the Google Play store APK file and install. See this link for how to: https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-install-download-google-play-store-312812/

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #5,031 of 6,983
UAPP will not work without google play store and google play services etc.

Dec 7, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #5,032 of 6,983
Thanks, I'll try again though not having any luck at the moment.
Edit: Waiting for the dealer to get back to me, think this is going to have to go back. Cannot get the screen to turn on at all, beginning to wonder if there's a loose connection internally as was fully charged shortly before it went off.

Have you tried pressing the power button while charging the DX160?

Another option is to enter recovery mode, by pressing play button, then power and realese then as soon as DX160 logo appears, after enter recovery just reboot.

Hope that helps

Dec 7, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #5,033 of 6,983
Have you tried pressing the power button while charging the DX160?

Another option is to enter recovery mode, by pressing play button, then power and realese then as soon as DX160 logo appears, after enter recovery just reboot.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the advice, have tried all these things but screen remains black, no logo appears at any time no matter what I try. Seems like might be a faulty unit unfortunately.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #5,034 of 6,983
My DX160 arrived yesterday.
The first thing i have done was updating the Firmware via OTA and then flashing Lurkers over it.
The horizontal lines after flashing Lurkers was a bit unsettling, but after an hour they where gone.

I have tried several Apps like UAPP, Tidal, Qobuz and even Roon on it.
Just to revert back to Mango with Nova Launcher and Swiftkey.

The library scanning was pretty fast (around 10-15 minutes) for my nearly full 1TB microSD.
Since it should play music, i can ignore the fact that it isn't the most fluent UI experiance.

The USB-App with it's settings helps to keep the battery usage down and you can run power saving mode the whole time.

Sound wise i need more time to get my final impressions, but i can already tell, i like it!

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #5,035 of 6,983
My DX160 arrived yesterday.
The first thing i have done was updating the Firmware via OTA and then flashing Lurkers over it.
The horizontal lines after flashing Lurkers was a bit unsettling, but after an hour they where gone.

I have tried several Apps like UAPP, Tidal, Qobuz and even Roon on it.
Just to revert back to Mango with Nova Launcher and Swiftkey.

The library scanning was pretty fast (around 10-15 minutes) for my nearly full 1TB microSD.
Since it should play music, i can ignore the fact that it isn't the most fluent UI experiance.

The USB-App with it's settings helps to keep the battery usage down and you can run power saving mode the whole time.

Sound wise i need more time to get my final impressions, but i can already tell, i like it!

Is your DX160 the 2020 version? Await your final impression especially in sound quality.

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #5,036 of 6,983
Is your DX160 the 2020 version? Await your final impression especially in sound quality.

It's the 2020 version.
I probably need the whole weekend to get my final impressions.
This is good timing, since i gonna rebuild my home network, i am gonna walk around in the house with my Clears and this little baby.

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #5,037 of 6,983
How does the DX160 (ver.2020) compare to the Astell&Kern SR15, in terms of sund quality, build and all-round functionality? Both are the same price at the moment (39980 Japanese yen, which is about $385 US). I've just bought the A&K Billie Jean IEMs, and listen mostly to all genres of music (mostly rock).

Dec 9, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #5,038 of 6,983
Guys.....
Has any of you experienced any problems (not responding) with the physical volume buttons on DX160???
The only way I can turn up & down the volume is the turning wheel???
Try to adjust those buttons using the audio settings on DX160s but they just do not respond to any adjustment there...
Any ideas of what to do there???
Thanks...... :confused:

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #5,039 of 6,983
How does the DX160 (ver.2020) compare to the Astell&Kern SR15, in terms of sund quality, build and all-round functionality? Both are the same price at the moment (39980 Japanese yen, which is about $385 US). I've just bought the A&K Billie Jean IEMs, and listen mostly to all genres of music (mostly rock).
DX160 is better is almost all aspects

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #5,040 of 6,983
DX160 is better is almost all aspects

Many yes to this. Sound quality wise I think even SR25 is not on par (though that might also partly be due to my preference for Ibasso tuning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back