iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 29, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #2,553 of 6,983
Jan 29, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #2,555 of 6,983
For me opt 2 - short delayslow roll off seems best. At least for classical strings right now. It may be a bit too sluggish for.those aho needs faster sounding, more impact

Like that one too - takes some detail away and smooths things out - ideal for a relaxing listen later in the day!

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #2,557 of 6,983
Jan 30, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2,558 of 6,983
Pretty sure SlowRolloff (4) was set on mine OOTB, but maybe there isnt necessarily a default?
Ive tried them all, and tend to like pos2/4 best, but seems to depend on genre of music and the paired iems. I stay on 4 the most for rock/pop.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #2,559 of 6,983
Probably of no importance to most but can you now get/have the Google Play Store as an alternate To using APK Pure if so how is it obtained,, when people say the Bluetooth range is poor do you lose connection in the same room i ask as i have Sennheiser TWMS or do you need the 160 by your side to be sure of a Bluetooth connection.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #2,560 of 6,983
Pretty sure SlowRolloff (4) was set on mine OOTB, but maybe there isnt necessarily a default?
Ive tried them all, and tend to like pos2/4 best, but seems to depend on genre of music and the paired iems. I stay on 4 the most for rock/pop.

Do a reset and you will find out... :wink: I like filter three the most. And 1 for mainly vocal.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2,561 of 6,983
Probably of no importance to most but can you now get/have the Google Play Store as an alternate To using APK Pure if so how is it obtained,, when people say the Bluetooth range is poor do you lose connection in the same room i ask as i have Sennheiser TWMS or do you need the 160 by your side to be sure of a Bluetooth connection.
download and install playstore from apk pure and that's it ....my bluetooth connection is very bad , even if I pick up and use I.e scroll , search to change track it cuts out which is really not acceptable ...but i reckon its probably the best dap for audio at its price range and definitely closely competes higher .

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,562 of 6,983
download and install playstore from apk pure and that's it ....my bluetooth connection is very bad , even if I pick up and use I.e scroll , search to change track it cuts out which is really not acceptable ...but i reckon its probably the best dap for audio at its price range and definitely closely competes higher .
That bad .. SO you would need to go wired headphones.. no good for my Sennheiser's.. thanks for the info .. i would be buying from Amazon so if it's really bad i can always return them.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #2,563 of 6,983
That bad .. SO you would need to go wired headphones.. no good for my Sennheiser's.. thanks for the info .. i would be buying from Amazon so if it's really bad i can always return them.
wise decision if bluetooth is a major requirement...I notice your in the uk, you can also buy from amp3 players and they also offer 14 day no hassle return .....I will say again though it probably the best sounding in its price range, better than the m11 in my opinion.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2,564 of 6,983
wise decision if bluetooth is a major requirement...I notice your in the uk, you can also buy from amp3 players and they also offer 14 day no hassle return .....I will say again though it probably the best sounding in its price range, better than the m11 in my opinion.

Putting it lightly, the M11 doesn’t even compare to the DX160. Loved that DAP though but the SQ is not on par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back