iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jan 28, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #2,521 of 6,991
I run the DX160 with Audirivana and Neutron.
Sneaked in, it works the way I want it to.
New: When the DX160 plays music with locked screen, it switches off and on the Wlan in between.
This happens after 5-10 minutes.

Now I have the DX with unlocked display on the run then he switches the Wlan not off?
What is this? Where can I deactivate it?

Naptime will/can solve this for you. For root and non root users. Great way to save juice.

IMG_20200128_222923.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #2,522 of 6,991
I'm trying to decide between poweramp or UAPP as my main music app. I like how much snappier the interface of poweramp is compared to mango (which sucks), but there is no way to do a trial of UAPP. Can anyone comment which player as the better UI? Smooth operation is most important to me. Sound quality being a close second.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #2,524 of 6,991
What the heck you hear interferences with an IEM that is rated 90 dB sensitivity? Even without using WiFi just by touching the screen? Gonna cancel my order rn.

I'm very sensitive to it. Honestly I dont think most people will even hear it. And it has to be a dead quiet environment.

It is slightly more noticeable when wifi is downloading...

The bigger disappointment is bluetooth, which is not the greatest. Short range and cuts if there's a lot of interference outside.

With all that said, the hiss noise is a lot better than my ar m20 player... and it's a great little dap. I hope you didnt cancel and hear for yourself first.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #2,525 of 6,991
Sure, here you go, and thanks for the interest :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23101/
YES! It was most comprehensive! I think your review did sway me to get the DX160. There are a few other very good reviews I read too. I was going to get 150 but then I saw this DX160, luckily I waited for a while till it came out. DX 160 was not even on the English website when I bought it.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #2,528 of 6,991
I'm trying to decide between poweramp or UAPP as my main music app. I like how much snappier the interface of poweramp is compared to mango (which sucks), but there is no way to do a trial of UAPP. Can anyone comment which player as the better UI? Smooth operation is most important to me. Sound quality being a close second.

FWIW, I'm much happier with Poweramp's UI over and above every other music player on the Android platform. That said, UAPP runs a close second and has the benefits of a) bit-perfect playback and b) UPnP/DLNA streaming. Neutron's interface is kinda dodgy but I've gotten used to it over the years as well.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #2,529 of 6,991
I'm very sensitive to it. Honestly I dont think most people will even hear it. And it has to be a dead quiet environment.

It is slightly more noticeable when wifi is downloading...

The bigger disappointment is bluetooth, which is not the greatest. Short range and cuts if there's a lot of interference outside.

With all that said, the hiss noise is a lot better than my ar m20 player... and it's a great little dap. I hope you didnt cancel and hear for yourself first.

May I ask, what DAP so far that you have heard with 0 hisses ?

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,530 of 6,991
FWIW, I'm much happier with Poweramp's UI over and above every other music player on the Android platform. That said, UAPP runs a close second and has the benefits of a) bit-perfect playback and b) UPnP/DLNA streaming. Neutron's interface is kinda dodgy but I've gotten used to it over the years as well.

Thanks for the insight. I'm going to test out UAPP and see if it works for me. I prefer bit-perfect playback. I also noticed that Mango player sounded a little better than poweramp to my ears.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #2,531 of 6,991
Jan 28, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #2,533 of 6,991
Bear in mind that there are recommended settings for UAPP listed by Lurker00 over at https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-f...recommended-settings-for-usb-audio-player-pro

It seems all of those settings are not available within the trial version of UAPP. But I was able to turn on bit-perfect. But yeah after playing with UAPP and Poweramp, i do like the slickness of Poweramp. It also does a really nice job with updating metadata and album art. UAPP does sound louder at the same volume setting. Not sure if it sounds better yet, because I really need to focus for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back