iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,742 of 6,983
Whitigir has tried telling you that it does have a line out. It would not be marked as a line out if it was not. It bypasses the internal amp and comes off of the DAC output as a true line out. I hope we can all be civil to each other.

So despite not having a dedicated line-out connector (like the DX80 before it did), the analog signal in the DX160 will still bypass the amp section in Line-Out mode, nonetheless? Are you sure? .... I don't know of a single DAP that does that.

Usually, true line-out uses a separate circuit, which bypasses the amp section, and thus provides a cleaner signal. On the other hand, when line-out is a mode in the settings, then it only sets the device to full volume, which is most likely the case with the DX160 based on what I see. You'll essentially be double amping when you connect this device to an external amp.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,743 of 6,983
Nov 30, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #1,745 of 6,983
Looking forward to my DX160!
Never had a decent dap, or one with balanced output. Ordered a 4.4 to mmcx for my iems. Is the SE output good too? A noticeable difference with Bal output?
Anything else i should prepare for?

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,746 of 6,983
I am trying the DX160 due to a wifi issue I encountered on the R5. Unfortunately on my initial DX160 unit the 3.5mm jack does not work properly and I am using bluetooth headphones which disconnect and reconnect constantly even when close to the player . iBasso suggested an exchange which I am currrently doing. Today I asked only about the glass and got the following rather disappointing reply, and will post it here so that it might help anyone with issues like I am having:
Hello,

The touch panel is Gorilla Glass, but we don't know what generation it is.

Regarding the Bluetooth connect/disconnect issue, It is because our player's Bluetooth's signal strength is not strong.

The primary function of the DX160 is to play high resolution music that stored on the internal memory and SD cards, as well as playing high resolution music with streaming APPs. It does have a BT function, but the BT signal isn't as good as smartphone's and can have an interruption of the signal in some areas. If your primary use will be to use a BT IEM or headphone, your smartphone will be a better choice.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

You all can make of that what you want and I will update when my new unit arrives. I want to point out that no other player I own has this problem with the bluetooth and I hope it is not present in my new player. I fully understand that I may not get out 20 to 30 feet with bluetooth--but a few inches is just ridiculous. When it finally is connected and my player is 2 feet or so away there are intermittent very short distorted interruptions. Hopefully the 3.5mm will work as well.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,747 of 6,983
ibasso doesn't know which generation the gorilla glass is?? :D:D
I highly doubt that!!! @Paul - iBasso would be in a better place to enlighten us i reckon.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #1,748 of 6,983
Mango was unable to scan my 512GB Samsung card with ~12,000 FLAC files. I prefer and am using UAPP so not a huge deal for me. Some other users have suggested I have some file tagging issues but I am not sure what I would be looking for in a program like MP3tag to address the issue.
My DX 160 has been able to scan my 17000 mp3/ flacs with no problem, in probably less than 5 minutes. I add files all the time and rescan and no issues. I would check the health of you sd card or double-check tags.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,749 of 6,983
My DX 160 has been able to scan my 17000 mp3/ flacs with no problem, in probably less than 5 minutes. I add files all the time and rescan and no issues. I would check the health of you sd card or double-check tags.
How did you format your micro SD card?

What sorts of issues could there be with the tags?

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #1,750 of 6,983
Did some more battery experimentation this morning streaming with Amazon hd music, used about 25% off of full charge with occasional light use , changing track, artist etc over 2 hours ...so approx 8 hours with playback and light use with andro s.
Pretty good!.
Also i feel it seems to be settling, getting a little smoother.....sounds excellent.

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,751 of 6,983
iBasso responded with the following information about my 3.5mm port issue-
The DX160 is OMTP standard. That is useful to know if you have problem with headphone and mic combination in which case you can use an adapter. However, unfortunately for me I did have the problem with regular headphones only. I will say that their support is very responsive and hope my new unit doesn't have any of the same issues as I am having now. Will let you know as soon as I try it.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #1,752 of 6,983

Silver special edition. I just got this thing. Looks stunning in person. Pictures does not do justice. So far so good. Loaded up a 256 gig card I had. Booted up just fine. Quick to turn on quick to load. Best screen I have seen on a music player.

How I get the special edition you might ask? It was literally the last one they had at Penon audio. Had to cancel my order from Moon audio. Once I found out it was a special edition. Well then. Burn in shall commence. So far loving the player. I read a lot about recent wifi issues and such.

All I am saying is. Right now I don't care. Lol.

Why my DX160 silver version looks different from yours?

Is mine fake?

6C18C9E0-5D4A-49E7-AD55-D0DA8194FDB0.jpeg

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #1,753 of 6,983
Why my DX160 silver version looks different from yours?
Is mine fake?

Read again... it's a special edition :wink:
Very nice carbon back by the way!

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #1,754 of 6,983
If, by a chance, you can update DX160 firmware to version 1.03.123, then add-on v1.25 is just for you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back