iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 3, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #2,675 of 3,129
Got my AMP9 today as well, along with a new DX150 and DC01.

Haven't installed the amp yet as I just updated the player firmware and started burning it in with the stock amp. I plan to use the AMP9 most of the time and would rather burn-in both at the same time but I'm not sure if the AMP9's SE output uses both DACs?

1000056.jpg

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #2,676 of 3,129
Got my AMP9 today as well, along with a new DX150 and DC01.

Haven't installed the amp yet as I just updated the player firmware and started burning it in with the stock amp. I plan to use the AMP9 most of the time and would rather burn-in both at the same time but I'm not sure if the AMP9's SE output uses both DACs?

Have you tried the Dc-01 yet ? Impressions ? I've ordered one from Penon, for the specs it seems a bargain.

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #2,677 of 3,129
Have you tried the Dc-01 yet ? Impressions ? I've ordered one from Penon, for the specs it seems a bargain.

I posted this in another thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...ets-find-the-best.908839/page-3#post-15043389

DC01 is all metal and the hybrid wiring looks to be good quality although strain reliefs look just adequate. It's fairly light so I imagine the wires will be ok as long as you don't pull on them to much.

Tested it on my Oneplus 7 Pro and a another phone with Neutron, Poweramp, and UAPP. Everything worked except the volume control in UAPP but I was using bit-perfect. Great sound; better than I expected so far. The DC01 gets a little warm after a few minutes and no significant drop in battery life over the short span I tested it.

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #2,678 of 3,129
The New Firmware for the DX150 is now up. It has the change log in the download and it supports AMP9! Available at our Download on www.ibasso.com .
I installed the updated firmware on my DX150, but I cannot get any sound from my AMP9. I switched my AMP8 back in and it worked fine. I powered down the player and installed AMP9 again, but still no sound. Do you have any suggestions?

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #2,679 of 3,129
I installed the updated firmware on my DX150, but I cannot get any sound from my AMP9. I switched my AMP8 back in and it worked fine. I powered down the player and installed AMP9 again, but still no sound. Do you have any suggestions?
Have you tried a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #2,681 of 3,129
Yes, I just did a reset, but still no sound. I have tried several headphones, tried high/low gain, adjusted the volume, etc., But no sound.
Does the AMP9 light up when you play music, the two windows on the back?

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #2,684 of 3,129

Please try the following:

1. update the firmware, then restart the DX150.
2. power off the DX150.
3. mount the AMP9, and make sure there is not a connection issue by pushing it on firmly.
4. plug the DX150 to a charger.
5. power on the DX150.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back