iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Dec 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,866 of 3,129
Some of you asked for Android 8.1 firmware with Mango OS added, but it was not possible: the mode switch was not implemented in Android 8.1 kernel... until yesterday late evening! A New Year surprise from @Paul - iBasso and his team came to me, and, with some additions from myself, now I can share it with you: add-on 1.22b2 for firmware 1.05.075 with Mango OS!

Please note: Mango was taken from DX200, with only functional adaptation, with no changes to UI! In particular, only first 5 digital filters actually work, and their names in Mango settings don't correspond to actual DX150 filter names.

Fantastic job,very thanks

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #2,868 of 3,129
Just installed the add-on and it works great. Thanks again @Lurker0 for making this possible.

With all the updates and custom firmware available, I've gotten pretty good at re-flashing my DX150 over the past months.

1. Started by first flashing back to iBasso's stock Android 8.1 (v1.01) using Android Tool.

2. Then I installed the latest factory v1.05 update via sd card. For anyone having trouble, be sure to unzip the downloaded file and you'll find another zip file inside. Copy that file to the root of the micro sd card and local update should work fine.

3. Last step was installing Lurker's add-on v1.22 via sd card (just carefully follow his instructions on creating bootable micro sd).

Overall, a bit of work and card swaps to ensure everything installed properly but well worth it. This version of Mango OS is very stable compared to last year's which was part of full firmware (not add-on) v2.11 based on Android 6.1.

Everything appears to work and DX150 also boots faster to Mango OS. The digital filters, as stated, don't match but (by my ears) the first 5 do work despite the labels.

Better yet: Mango OS even has the option to select low/high gain with AMP9!

IMG_20191231_170706.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #2,871 of 3,129
My mango player app on android mode keeps crashing after I installed the new update and add-on from lurker. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
It seems there is a bug introduced in MangoPlayer, when browsing by Artist and Genre. I've sent crash logs to @Paul - iBasso.

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #2,874 of 3,129
I don't know what is ADP. Did you use FactoryTool or AndroidTool on this articular computer before? If you didn't, you need Rockchip loader mode driver. You can get it from here. Also, ensure your DX150 is turned off before any attempt.

You may have damaged recovery mode image.
Thank you @Lurker0 , @Windows X and @Paul - iBasso for active suggestions on how to resolve my issue, really appreciate this community and support. With your help I managed to flash default oreo software and then update to the needed rom.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2,875 of 3,129
Oh man. My iBasso has ridiculously great Battery Life now. With AMP5, it's actually reaching 10 hours. Also, the Bluetooth signal is super strong. Thank you, Paul. Now I will focus on getting the AMP9.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #2,878 of 3,129
yes, what's different?

The battery was changed. Also, I try not to turn on the screen too much. Also, sometimes I use my iFi xDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back