iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Dec 21, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,836 of 3,129
Late on the Amp8, but man, oh man... sooo black. Exceptional sound with my DX150, worth the money. Listening with my HD600 and FDX1, fantastic, like having a different DAP.

Dec 25, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #2,838 of 3,129
Haven't heard stock AMP8 but received my EX yesterday.

Sounds amazing out the box even compared to my AMP9. No distortion and TONS of power. Switched to low gain and 2/3 max volume is more than enough for the Elegia I got on Cyber Monday. My DX150 running Fidelizer 1.15.233 sounds even closer to my desktop setup (for a moment wondered if I wasted funds upgrading it last month).

Dec 26, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #2,840 of 3,129
New firmware Android8.1V1.05.075 on cn site:

https://ibasso.cn/portfolio/dx150gj8-1-1-05-075

No changes I was hoping for...

update content:
1.Add AAC decoding function in Bluetooth decoding mode

2.Add AMP9 output selection function, add a gear of high output mode on the basis of the original low output mode

3.Fixed the issue of short pause between CUE sub-tracks

4.Add the function that can be controlled by the playback control button when connected to Bluetooth standby

5.Add Bluetooth bit rate adaptation function, when playing high bit rate music via Bluetooth, adaptive to the bit rate that Bluetooth can play

Edit:
Found link on another forum

Firmware 1.05.075
https://yadi.sk/d/Vrjizl4vGdPKPg

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #2,843 of 3,129
New firmware Android8.1V1.05.075 on cn site:

https://ibasso.cn/portfolio/dx150gj8-1-1-05-075

No changes I was hoping for...

update content:
1.Add AAC decoding function in Bluetooth decoding mode

2.Add AMP9 output selection function, add a gear of high output mode on the basis of the original low output mode

3.Fixed the issue of short pause between CUE sub-tracks

4.Add the function that can be controlled by the playback control button when connected to Bluetooth standby

5.Add Bluetooth bit rate adaptation function, when playing high bit rate music via Bluetooth, adaptive to the bit rate that Bluetooth can play

Nope, staying with my current FW, no reason to update. Nothing in this list is worth it given the use that I have for me DX150.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #2,845 of 3,129
This DAP with amp 8 is incredible.

Dec 29, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #2,848 of 3,129
Hi,

after reading latest posts I decided to check whether there was an update of the firmware. I found latest one (June 2019) in Ibasso site also an update from Fidelizer. So I decided to try the latter. Previously I've been using Lurker's software on Oreo. So when I tried following Fidelizer's guidelines how to upload it, I had to firstly update to the latest version from Ibasso. I did it via sd card, but not sure if the update was successful since in the properties firmware version was still Lurker's. bu I decided to go with the fidelizer's update anyway.

Ant there all the fun began. Install was successful, but when DAP tried to boot it would reboot after 2-3 seconds still showing DX150 screen. And it was infinite, I waited for good 30 minutes hoping this was a part of the installation. Then I decided to do a reset, done it, but was unable to restore Lurker's soft. So I installed the first software version from ibasso site as I was advised previously. Update was "successful", I finally managed to boot my device, but touchscreen was not working properly. It activated different parts of my screen to the places I touched - for example I touch middle of the screen and icon at the top is being activated.

So I dig up a bit deeper and try to still upload another software image. I chose that Fidelizer image and now (again after "successful" installation) I cannot even start the device, it does not show in the USB of my PC, charging icon does not appear when cable is connected, emergency boot menu is inaccessible. Device seems dead.

Has anyone faced similar situation? How was it resolved?

Dec 29, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,849 of 3,129
touchscreen was not working properly. It activated different parts of my screen to the places I touched - for example I touch middle of the screen and icon at the top is being activated.
This usually happen if DX150 is flashed with the kernel from DX200. In your long text you never mentioned firmware numbers, so it might be that you messed not only with versions for DX150, but with firmware for DX200 as well.

If it was the case, it can be restored with a special software... but first you need to restore your firmware. A good start is full firmware image with Android 8.1 (Oreo) from iBasso site, bundled with AndroidTool. You may also try to seek for support from the author of firmware builds you tried :wink:

When (if) you'll have restored DX150 firmware to a working state, and the touchscreen would be the only remaining problem, you may use a mouse connected via USB for a while.

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #2,850 of 3,129
touchscreen was not working properly. It activated different parts of my screen to the places I touched
I've recalled the history. I've implemented the fix for DX150 touchscreen weird parameters into full flash firmware v.11.293-L0. This is Android 6 version. I don't know whether I can restore touch screen parameters under Android 8 firmware, so it's your only chance. Then you can upgrade to Oreo, as usual.

You can find the instructions how to flash it from the link above. It does not matter which firmware (or is there any firmware) in your DX150 right now :) But, before, be sure your DX150 is really turned off: disconnect DX150 from computer or charger, then press Power button, hold it for 10 seconds, then release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back