iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #2,898 of 3,129
I think iBasso SHOULD give the new mango for 150 users because . . .it works! unlike like the inconsistent buggy old version. The old version always missing different album arts every times it scans for example - very annoying. The latest mango however works like a charm and is also much much smoother
TBH the amount of money these players cost the firmware should work perfectly :/
I agree. I like SO much about the 150... and then there is it's iteration of Mango. 8-(

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #2,899 of 3,129
I've had my DX150 listed for sale for quite a while (2 months?) and nobody is interested. Well.....good. I made the mistake of listening to my Ibasso DX150 with amp 7 today (after living with the DX160 for about 2 months). It's different, but not lesser in quality to the DX160. That amp 7 is something else. the way it handles decay on BA drivers is awesome. same for how it handles layering for treble. Mids growl and the match with my CIEM Fibae 7 is great.

I'll be keeping it! This is a lesson learned in FOTM and FOMO. ( that's Flavor of the month, fear of missing out).

--------CURRENTLY NO LONGER FOR SALE-------
Ibasso dx150 with amp 6 and 7
I've actually just begun to try and sell mine now. Haven't listed it here. My reason for selling is
I've had my DX150 listed for sale for quite a while (2 months?) and nobody is interested. Well.....good. I made the mistake of listening to my Ibasso DX150 with amp 7 today (after living with the DX160 for about 2 months). It's different, but not lesser in quality to the DX160. That amp 7 is something else. the way it handles decay on BA drivers is awesome. same for how it handles layering for treble. Mids growl and the match with my CIEM Fibae 7 is great.

I'll be keeping it! This is a lesson learned in FOTM and FOMO. ( that's Flavor of the month, fear of missing out).

--------CURRENTLY NO LONGER FOR SALE-------
Ibasso dx150 with amp 6 and 7
Lol, it's great you figured out that you wanted to keep yours. I've actually been looking to get rid of mine XD!! I need something smaller thats more pocketable.

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #2,902 of 3,129
I am on V 1.05.075 and use Mango player built in Mango OS.
When I play a genre, the player loses the list of songs after reboot and just plays the last song is repeat mode, is anyone else facing the same? Is there a fix?

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2,903 of 3,129
GIANT FIRMWARE BUG in every ibasso DAP!!!
Equalizer doesn't work correct if sampling frequency is 96khz and higher.
VERIFIED on dx50, dx90 and dx150. ALL firmware-versions.
Please check dx200, dx220 and dx120. They are most likely affected too.
It seems, that the ibasso EQ application was constructed only for regular 44.1 khz CD-quality.
Instructions for reproducing the error:
Take a regular music-file (lossless or wave, if possible) with 44.1 khz.
Load it into any program which can convert audio-files.
Convert your file into one with a higher sampling frequency: e.g. 88.2 khz, 96 khz, 192 khz, 176.4 khz... You can choose 24 bit or leave 16 bit sampling depth.
After that the file is just bigger, but doesn't contain any additional music information.
If you want, check the result with an spectrum analyser, e.g. "Spek". You should see, that your new file (96khz...) has just empty room above 22.05 khz (corresponds to 44.1 khz nyquist).
Now copy the two files (44.1 and 96 khz) to your ibasso player.
The test (you will need your ears):
Turn your EQ OFF. Play and switch between the two files again and again. You will hear no difference.
NOW TURN THE EQ ON (Custom, Soft, Rock whatever). play and switch between the two files again and again.
Just the 44.1 file sounds good. The file with higher frequency sounds odd and disorted. In other words: there is a difference, where none should be! This is a years old BUG.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #2,904 of 3,129
It seems, that the ibasso EQ application was constructed only for regular 44.1 khz CD-quality.
Convert your file into one with a higher sampling frequency: e.g. 88.2 khz, 96 khz, 192 khz, 176.4 khz... You can choose 24 bit or leave 16 bit sampling depth.
After that the file is just bigger, but doesn't contain any additional music information.
If you want, check the result with an spectrum analyser, e.g. "Spek". You should see, that your new file (96khz...) has just empty room above 22.05 khz (corresponds to 44.1 khz nyquist).
Turn your EQ OFF. Play and switch between the two files again and again. You will hear no difference.
NOW TURN THE EQ ON (Custom, Soft, Rock whatever). play and switch between the two files again and again.
Just the 44.1 file sounds good. The file with higher frequency sounds odd and disorted. In other words: there is a difference, where none should be! This is a years old BUG.
That would be Mango Player, right?

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #2,905 of 3,129
in other words: an audiophile person can't hear music with sampling rate higher than 48khz on every ibasso device when using it with EQ. I have copies of all my highres-music made in 44.1 or 48 khz just because of this bug. I cant hier my albums of muse which where remastered in 96khz. It is not possible!. I cant hear my music from REM (96 khz, 192 khz) - unbearable when EQ is ON. Because the EQ on any ibasso device doesn't work right with sampling rates higher than 48khz. Maybe 48khz works because it's close to 44.1 khz (my post above uses just 44.1).

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #2,908 of 3,129
I will have our software engineers look at this to determine what is happening. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 15, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #2,909 of 3,129
an audiophile person ... with EQ
Do audiophiles need EQ? No! Moreover, the true audiophile digital recording format (DSD) just can't be "corrected" in digital form.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2,910 of 3,129
Do audiophiles need EQ? No! Moreover, the true audiophile digital recording format (DSD) just can't be "corrected" in digital form.
Never use it, don't like using it and for 40 years, haven't used it. If a recording is off, then I don't use it and when I tried using EQ, it changes the recording in other ways I don't care for so I just use the recording as it is. If my monitors are off, then I get a different monitor. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back