iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
May 8, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,553 of 3,129
Finally!
After only 4-5 hours of work it works and fully updated!
Thanks for the help Jon, the firmware installation could have been made more clear from iBasso though

Time to listen:beyersmile:

:D It can be a bit of handful - I couldn't even begin to remember how to do it but eventually it seems to work!
Just got hold of another DX90 - put update file on device - press a button and its all done -easy :wink:

May 9, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #2,554 of 3,129
So I ended up having to return my unit to the place I got it from. They couldn't repair it but sent me a new model in my old box. But guess what, they sent me back just the unit and the case, they didn't include my cables! So I have had to organise to get new ones from them D:

I went to try and register for the google service to use lurker and went and registered the ID but i dont think its working, it says uncertified (OK) with a 5. what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #2,556 of 3,129
Now im having worse troubles, i updated to where i wanted, and ended up getting stuck on the screen where it says ibasso and loading and loading, but now it wont even load. unless i go back to 6.1 where it will be stable but only after i reset it again because it gets stuck on the ibasso loading with the blue progress bar thing. i dunno what i can do. i tried factory resetting with a card inside and that kept restarting the unit but didnt seem to have any effect after.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #2,557 of 3,129
Now im having worse troubles, i updated to where i wanted, and ended up getting stuck on the screen where it says ibasso and loading and loading, but now it wont even load. unless i go back to 6.1 where it will be stable but only after i reset it again because it gets stuck on the ibasso loading with the blue progress bar thing. i dunno what i can do. i tried factory resetting with a card inside and that kept restarting the unit but didnt seem to have any effect after.
Dont worry - Dont use the card inside. That method also caused problems for me - go back to an earlier version [6.1 is probably good] of the FW BUT use the Factory tool that iBasso provides
From having 6.1 installed you can then upgrade to the latest firmware
Sometimes something glitches and you need to do it twice

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #2,559 of 3,129
I will try it again but right now ive went and done a factory reset again and its hanging on the ibasso audio screen with the blue dots.

I think you need to refresh the device using the factory tool

May 9, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #2,560 of 3,129
EDIT: Everything is back to how it should be.
I wanted to know, out of mango player or hiby which player produces the music better, without any added processing or what have you? I read that mango player is meant to be bit perfect, is hiby as well? I looked into neutron and it looked a bit confusing.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,561 of 3,129
I also had problems at first, after much I realized that the Ibasso tool to load the necessary image, must be loaded directly into C. Also the first version of the tool that they put in works well, but the last one not so much. With that tool and the rest of the instructions you should load the * .img file well

May 9, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #2,562 of 3,129
Does anyone know if there's an app to remotely control the DX150? TIA.
hiby music as a server on your dx150, hiby music as client on your cell phone - connected by bluetooth. At least this works for me: android phone and dx150 with lurker 8.1 addon. Don't think you'll need lurkers addon to achieve this though. Just bluetooth and configuring hiby correctly on both the dap and your phone.

May 11, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #2,564 of 3,129
Out of curiosity, does anyone use a stylus or anything similar with their dx150? I can't always select properly, especially when its in the case, because the sides come over too much. I have tried a 3DS stylus but it didn't work.
Yeah the case is poorly designed and you can't really access the sides of the screen to navigate. Unfortunately there isn't much option for a DX150. A clear silicone case would've been nice.
Regarding the stylus I thing 3DS uses a resistive touchscreen. You should get a capacitive stylus. The cheap options have rather large tips though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back