iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
May 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #2,581 of 3,129
Is there a way to get Google services to work on oreo? After flashing the purist rom, loving the sound and new ui, but i kinda want to have YouTube in my player tho.

You can flash addon on top of Purist ROM and get Play Store working fine. :)

May 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #2,582 of 3,129
I know @Lurker0 probably off making optimized firmwares for the DX220 right now but can anyone share experience/comment on v2.11.293 stability on the DX150? I'm still on v2.10.xxx (early) but have recently been experiencing some problems with streaming services (I assume it's just getting old).

Isn't that pre-Oreo ROM? Why don't you upgrade to Oreo with better sound quality from Oreo platform and more recent optimized Mango platform?

May 16, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,587 of 3,129
well unless I have my device revived I can give it a try, right now it is completely dead... still waiting for @Paul - iBasso to help me out
You can email me at paul@ibasso.com unless you already have. Sorry, I get many emails and don't remember everyone and feel bad about that.

You have tried different USB C cables and chargers. You have downloaded the Batch Tool with a .img firmware or the newer Android Tool with the associated .img firmware? You need the USB/DAC driver from our site loaded onto your PC.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 16, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #2,588 of 3,129
And this is why I bricked my device.... :triportsad:

DId you forget to run disable verity script before flashing Purist ROM? You can flash official factory image > OTA 1.03 > Disable verity > Purist to make it work with DX220 ported ROM and you can put addon on top.

All iBasso Purist ROMs have factory image to restore from failed attempts so you can always use AndroidTool to flash this ROM image and fix your iBasso DX150 device. You then can try flashing Purist again and make sure to follow the instructions properly this time.

http://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,589 of 3,129
When I connect my dx150 to my amp through line out, what settings should I have set on my player (DX150)? I always thought that when you use line out to amp the volume locks on the device (DX150) and the master volume is the external device (amp)? Or am I thinking wrong, because i still have control of the dx150s volume control. I've been using the lurker hiby player with usb audio switched on. Is there a better way to go about this with the right settings if I am missing something? Thanks

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #2,590 of 3,129
DId you forget to run disable verity script before flashing Purist ROM? You can flash official factory image > OTA 1.03 > Disable verity > Purist to make it work with DX220 ported ROM and you can put addon on top.

All iBasso Purist ROMs have factory image to restore from failed attempts so you can always use AndroidTool to flash this ROM image and fix your iBasso DX150 device. You then can try flashing Purist again and make sure to follow the instructions properly this time.

Regards,
Keetakawee
No I don't think so as I followed the instructions on the website to do so. But now I need to get my device at least start up first... Paul is helping me with this issue currently

May 16, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #2,591 of 3,129
No I don't think so as I followed the instructions on the website to do so. But now I need to get my device at least start up first... Paul is helping me with this issue currently

You can flash this one to get device booting up and then update to 1.0.3 OTA. I'm sorry for confusing instructions I provided before and now I've updated it to be more clear now. If there's anything I can assist you with, please let me know.

Regards,
Keetakawee

May 16, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #2,592 of 3,129

You can flash this one to get device booting up and then update to 1.0.3 OTA. I'm sorry for confusing instructions I provided before and now I've updated it to be more clear now. If there's anything I can assist you with, please let me know.

Regards,
Keetakawee
Thank you for the quick reply! So my problem occurs when I try to get lurker addon alongside with your purist rom, note that purist rom was working just fine before hand, i believe I had made a mistake during the addon flashing part. As I'm not with my device right now, i shell keep you up to date with the situation. Again thanks for the help from you and Paul

May 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,593 of 3,129
Thank you for the quick reply! So my problem occurs when I try to get lurker addon alongside with your purist rom, note that purist rom was working just fine before hand, i believe I had made a mistake during the addon flashing part. As I'm not with my device right now, i shell keep you up to date with the situation. Again thanks for the help from you and Paul

With pleasure. I'm glad to hear Purist ROM itself worked fine. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

May 17, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #2,595 of 3,129
But how do I flash the original rom given that the file is a zip folder but not a img file? As my current device is stuck in loader status with nothing displaying on the screen.

The first Oreo ROM is image file. You can download from link I posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back