iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #2,192 of 3,129
Hi can anyone get the DX150 to receive bluetooth transmissions in LDAC or aptx mode when used as a bluetooth DAC? I am using the DX150 as a bluetooth DAC to receive audio from my Galaxy S8 (which is able to output via aptx to my bluetooth speaker but not to the DX150, which only works via SBC). My DX150 is on the latest Oreo firmware with Lurker's add-on.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2,194 of 3,129
How do i get netflix back on the device? After the new firmware and lurkers update i am getting "your device isn't compatible with this version."

Doesn't work here on standard firmware (8.1, latest FW). Audio does work, screen turns black and becomes unresponsive.
I know the device isn't meant for Netflix, but it would be nice if someone knows how to get it to work or knows if it's even possible :wink:

Would be a nice, but small, extra since the main purpose of the dx150 is of course music...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #2,197 of 3,129
This is for Netflix:
6177702-6389049-image-a-4_1542208390954.jpg

And this is for music:
IMG_20190210_120244~2.jpg

:L3000:

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #2,198 of 3,129
This is for Netflix:

And this is for music:

:L3000:

Luckily I can make my own decisions which device I want to use for what and don't need others to tell me that @stenog :wink: I mean: why would you watch Netflix on the small screen of the phone you posted, just use a TV! :wink: :wink: (not trying to be rude, it's a joke)
(The only reason I was asking was: it would be an added extra if it was possible, since the device runs on Android anyways. And of course, you are completely correct (and I agree): it's build for music)

However like @ongbenghui already stated it's missing DRM support, so it's not going to happen. I was just asking to be sure: already thought it would be a hardware limitation instead of a software issue.

It also answers the question for @inducekarma who asked a similar sort of question somewhere above in this page or previous page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #2,199 of 3,129
Luckily I can make my own decisions which device I want to use for what and don't need others to tell me that @stenog :wink: (it would be an added extra anyways if it was possible, since the device runs on Android. And of course: it's build for music, duh)
However like @ongbenghui already stated, it's not going to happen. I was just asking to be sure: already thought it would be a hardware limitation.

Of course you can :)

But why use a slow laggy device with a small low res screen? Is beyond me, but no offense :wink:

Enjoy the music :beerchug:

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #2,200 of 3,129
Do you guys still get a slight pop when playing higher res files? I still get it when say, playing the first 96kHz flac file; they are not so bad when listening with a headphone but kinda irritating when using an iem.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,202 of 3,129
However like @ongbenghui already stated it's missing DRM support, so it's not going to happen. I was just asking to be sure: already thought it would be a hardware limitation instead of a software issue.

Short answer, it is complicated with a mix of software and maybe hardware work to add the necessary DRM work for Netflix playback. Probably not worth it for cost & commercial reason.

But youtube works. I use it from time to time when folks post links to songs on youtube.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,203 of 3,129
Hey guys, my dx150 right channel stopped working two times yesterday, and after a reset everything was fine. Any had this before?
My dx150 is using the last firmware without any lukker stuff.

I dunno if it is psychological for me. Setting audio setting to "Slow Roll off" seems to throw the balance off. Leaving it as Short Delay Slow Roll off, works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back