iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Feb 6, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,176 of 3,129
I can't update with the new firmware, I receive this message:

"Checking the package...
Verifying failed, please check your package."

I downloaded it one more time with the same result. The zip is on my sd card, what I'm missing?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #2,177 of 3,129
Add-on v.1.17, compatible with firmware 1.03.036, is available!

Changes:
  • Compatibility with 1.03.036. It shall not be worse than the official firmware.
  • Magisk updated to version 18.1.
  • Kernel parameters tuned to prevent CPU overheating and increase performance (with great help of @NiVrA!)
First, install 1.03.036 per its instruction, then apply the update the way you like (AndroidTool or bootable SD-card).

"Checking the package...

I downloaded it one more time with the same result. The zip is on my sd card, what I'm missing?
Can I ask if you have installed Lurkers 8.1, what if any benefit is there to flashing the official 8.1. image with Lurkers add on......What is the difference or benefit please ???

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2,178 of 3,129
Zep, well that's up to you IF you want Lurker's update or not!

if you don't want Lurker's update - just install the official iBasso firmware (Android 8.1) V1.03.03, hard reset - you're good to go!

but if you do - install the official iBasso firmware 1st (Android 8.1) V1.03.03, hard reset - then install Lurker's add-on v.1.17, hard reset - you're all set!

just follow the instructions that came with both files and you'll be fine!

What's the difference between Lurkers Firmware and the add-on?

edit: found my answers here, what I thought above is incorect: https://github.com/Lurker00/DX150-Firmware-Add-on/blob/master/README.md

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #2,179 of 3,129
:blush:

if you don't want Lurker's update - just install the official iBasso firmware (Android 8.1) V1.03.03, hard reset - you're good to go!

but if you do - install the official iBasso firmware 1st (Android 8.1) V1.03.03, hard reset - then install Lurker's add-on v.1.17, hard reset - you're all set!

Noted. Will wait first for further reports when others updated theirs.. so far, im happy with the last fw.. :ksc75smile:

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #2,180 of 3,129
Will wait first for further reports when others updated theirs
People tend not to report successful stories. So far, add-on 1.17 was downloaded 75 times, and no complains :wink:

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2,182 of 3,129

Just want to share that I hard reset once after the official firmware install, didn't hard reset after Lurker's add-on install this time around.

Worked flawless too.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #2,183 of 3,129
Yeah, the official firmware 1.03.036 with new Lurker 1.17 add-on works on my DX150 (after hard reset) perfectly and without any troubles. Thank you Lurker for a good work! :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,185 of 3,129
No, it doesn’t. On the contrary it is able to start android completely without Mango player. That’s what I’m using, because I like my Neutron player the most :)

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #2,186 of 3,129

"Checking the package...

Just wondering if you unzipped the first downloaded folder? If I recall, inside that there is another zipped folder which is the one you copy to the SD card(do not extract) and do the update with.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #2,187 of 3,129
^^^^^^ This is correct. You unzip the first folder and the folder you move to the sd card is in there with the read me file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back