iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 26, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #601 of 3,129
If I understand correctly, your DX150 was not totally dead like mine was, in the sense that some flickering response from the screen was still there, right?
No, there was no flicker in the screen. No response at all. Just kept pressing fast forward and back with the power button pressed and finally saw port open in loader. Able to quicky load img.file provided by iBasso and finally! Boot screen.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #602 of 3,129
No, there was no flicker in the screen. No response at all. Just kept pressing fast forward and back with the power button pressed and finally saw port open in loader. Able to quicky load img.file provided by iBasso and finally! Boot screen.
Thanks, mine went back to the UK today though. I wish I had the kind of support you got. I was only told to try different cables and chargers.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #603 of 3,129
Thanks, mine went back to the UK today though. I wish I had the kind of support you got. I was only told to try different cables and chargers.
The proverbial so close yet so far

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #604 of 3,129
Yeah, I provided a list of what I had done and they gave me a list of options. I will say this, I think when I was flashing it somehow it killed the battery, because I had it charging for 2 days and kept trying to reload it.When I finally got a response the battery level was about 1/2 of cm.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #605 of 3,129
Yeah, I provided a list of what I had done and they gave me a list of options. I will say this, I think when I was flashing it somehow it killed the battery, because I had it charging for 2 days and kept trying to reload it.When I finally got a response the battery level was about 1/2 of cm.
iBasso should send you at least a pair of IT01s for the trouble :ksc75smile:

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #606 of 3,129
Please look at the PM I sent you that you also responded to. I suggested that you use the Batch Tool and the .img file for the DX150. These are the same steps I advised for mrmoto050.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #607 of 3,129
iBasso should send you at least a pair of IT01s for the trouble :ksc75smile:
Why, Sh..t happens. Matter of fact this is the first major (maybe minor) thing since I have been purchasing iBasso products. The support was phenomenal and quick. In fact when I contacted Paul it was something like 4:00 a.m. in China (didn't think about time difference) and he responded quickly.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #608 of 3,129
Please look at the PM I sent you that you also responded to. I suggested that you use the Batch Tool and the .img file for the DX150. These are the same steps I advised for mrmoto050.
This is the message you sent me Paul:
Hello Jeff,

I have discussing this with our head engineer. It could be a chip fail but also sometimes the firmware gets hung up. I am having a .img firmware file loaded with a link so the Batch Tool can be used with the DX150. It is a handy tool to have as it wipes the internal memory of a DX and installs a clean FW that can be further updated. I apologize for the issues you are having.

And this was my reply:
Hi Paul,
The DX150 is as dead as a brick, looks more like a battery fail to me, although I'm not an engineer. Also the fact that no matter what cable or charger I use it stays dead may indicate battery failure. Take a look at the DX150 thread, another user had the exact same issue. Anyway, it's going back to AMP3 tomorrow, they will be able to tell you what's wrong with it, I'm sure.

As I explained, as I'm not an engineer, the fact that you had an .img firmware file loaded with a link to a Batch Tool wasn't of much use to me, as nobody told me what to do with it. You gave @mrmoto050 "a list of options" on how to press this and that button togehter to open a port to install the loader you provided to him, but not to me. I received no such instructions. Besides the dx150 comes with no level of user instructions whatsoever, not even online. So I had no other choice but to send it back, and opted for a full refund.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #609 of 3,129
Why, Sh..t happens. Matter of fact this is the first major (maybe minor) thing since I have been purchasing iBasso products. The support was phenomenal and quick. In fact when I contacted Paul it was something like 4:00 a.m. in China (didn't think about time difference) and he responded quickly.
I guess I just had bad luck pal, both with the unit and with the support... like you said, crap happens.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #610 of 3,129
I guess I just had bad luck pal, both with the unit and with the support... like you said, crap happens.
Sorry about your issues, had you actually unzipped the file that they sent you there were instructions within. Good luck. Apologies ahead of time if you did.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #611 of 3,129
Sorry about your issues, had you actually unzipped the file that they sent you there were instructions within. Good luck. Apologies ahead of time if you did.
I would have if somebody had actually sent me the file, but nobody did . There was no attachment to Paul's pm .

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #612 of 3,129
I would have if somebody had actually sent me the file, but nobody did . There was no attachment to Paul's pm .
Well hopefully they will turn it around quickly for you. Will the AMP3 people exchange it? you haven't had it that long, I would think that would be right of them to do.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #613 of 3,129
Well hopefully they will turn it around quickly for you. Will the AMP3 people exchange it? you haven't had it that long, I would think that would be right of them to do.
I'm sure they would, I got it last Friday and it stopped working after just a couple of days .As a matter of fact, the AMP3 people were very nice about it, asked if I wanted to exchange it or a full refund. I opted for the latter

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #614 of 3,129
I'm sure they would, I got it last Friday and it stopped working after just a couple of days .As a matter of fact, the AMP3 people were very nice about it, asked if I wanted to exchange it or a full refund. I opted for the latter

No worry buddy , Paul had posted all necessary files at the OP already and there's DX200 batch tool instruction.doc as a guide which we can refer to . I just followed this instruction to falsh factory and Luker's firmware several times . Please try it , it won't hurt .

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #615 of 3,129
Stand up Business, the right thing to do. Enjoy the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back