iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Sep 6, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #46 of 2,153
The DX120 has a natural sound with great dynamics. There is a good amount of air rendered with crisp treble presentation. The soundstage impresses me quite a lot and it is able to create a spacious feeling without any congestion.

Tks a lot. If you can, compare please with some of yours:
HiBy R6
Hidizs AP200
iBasso DX150
:)

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #48 of 2,153
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #49 of 2,153
+ N5ii too

yes, and also SP1000, WM1Z, Plenue L, R2R2000 (uh, scratch that, HFM still can't make up their mind if it's a dap or a dac), LPG Touch, N8, U8... :D

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #50 of 2,153
yes, and also SP1000, WM1Z, Plenue L, R2R2000 (uh, scratch that, HFM still can't make up their mind if it's a dap or a dac), LPG Touch, N8, U8... :D
Just daps within the 300-600 dollar price range lol

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #51 of 2,153
Don't know why but I'm getting Sony vibes from the design.

Anybody feel the same?

yes, it certainly does have cues from Sony design with large gold plated ends of the LO/HO connectors and power/volume/transport buttons along the right side. Of course, none of this stuff is patented, and location of buttons is just part of ergonomics for right hand use, plus I like how it's not in a straight line but follows the curve. With 3.5mm LO/HO connectors, it's just a choice of the parts their use, and because DX120 is slim, the backplate bulges around it.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #53 of 2,153
I'd be happy to review it! Someone just buy me a unit and send it my way!

Seriously though, if I can confirm output impedance is fine, I may have to give this a whirl. So annoying that ibasso is consistently making stuff I want.

What can I sell to fund this one, my audio budget for the year is gone...

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #55 of 2,153
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #58 of 2,153
Anybody able to translate this?

I skipped through the 2nd half. Seems like he's talking mostly about features and specs and not so much about the sound. Someone with better Thai will hopefully give us a much better idea.

The device is bigger than I was expecting and touchscreen/UI looks responsive. This is starting to appeal more and more.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #59 of 2,153
I am thai. And willing to translate.

First part, he just unboxes stuff out and talk about design and button around body. So picture already speaks it self.

Middle part, he said about overall sound.
It has 5 filter: sharp roll off, slow roll off etc.

Slow roll off make smoother sound
Sharp makes more speed but thinner sound.

2 gain options -low and high

Sound mode (not EQ)
Original neutral. Forward mid
Classical wider sound stage, better treble but thinner
Natural good for acoustic
Tradition smooth sound
Reference: he likes it very much. Best separation and transparency.

Last part, he talks about file format, dac used, total hr playable and price and where to try and buy.

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #60 of 2,153
I skipped through the 2nd half. Seems like he's talking mostly about features and specs and not so much about the sound. Someone with better Thai will hopefully give us a much better idea.

The device is bigger than I was expecting and touchscreen/UI looks responsive. This is starting to appeal more and more.

Between DX200 and DX80

ibasso_dx120-17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back