iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,951 of 2,799

Sorry guys, the above link is the same person "Wagen" that posted here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591568/today-finally-receivedibasso-reference-dap-dx100#post_8073940

However, in the other thread, he posted a few more pics including some screen shots.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,952 of 2,799

If you want to be a tool to the graphs that is up to you. I for one will not stake everyone just based on a graph. While a graph can definitely be helpful and used as a benchmark. Many times people read too much into the graphs and can be lead to disappointment due to it.

The EX1000 is an example where the graph was wrong. Most people love their EX1000 and EX series IEMS for that matter. According to the graph there is a major treble spike in the lower treble region which one would think would make these IEMS very sibilant and aggressive. Well most don't have that issue and find that treble spike to actually accentuate the EX1000s sound. I am an exception to this and found the EX1000s very sibilant and aggressive although I am a minority in this. Just putting it out there that graphs aren't always what they are made out to be.

We also already know you have a problem with the battery life with this thing. How much longer are you gonna cry about it. Either get it and live with it or move on...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I just wish this was a bit cheaper,...and I hope they have a user replaceable battery inside. That means it'll be upgradable in the near future,...I'm not fond of carrying battery packs around. I carry too much when I move about already. 

As for my posting the link to the RMAA testing, that was about the clip/+ and such, NOT about the DX100. Some erroneously linked it to it, and that's a crock of crap. I fully expect this to be quite a spectacular sounding player.

And if you doubt the validity of testing, then you really don't practice what you preach. Don't spew facts & techno babble, then deny the testing - you make yourselves out to be blind wanna-be audiophile fanboi's. Too funny,...LOL!!!

popcorn.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #1,953 of 2,799
@lee730: deal with it. I'll deal with ignorance,...it's part of life. Now, back to the DX100, and the fact OTHERS have also asked about a swappable battery. Duh!!!
L3000.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,954 of 2,799

Quote:
@iee730: deal with it. I'll deal with ignorance,...it's part of life. Now, back to the DX100, and the fact OTHERS have also asked about a swappable battery. Duh!!!
L3000.gif

Your comments are dealing in absolute and are quite frankly irritating. DUH!!!

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,957 of 2,799

Quote:

Then be like others and disregard then,...I see no problem with you doing so. Are you that stubborn? 

If you are pretty much gonna be out there to insult other people then yes I will be stubborn. We all have the right to our own opinions but its still a subjective thing. Even those graphs you point to are not 100% objective as there are also potential flaws in the graphs themselves (human error). But dealing in absolutes in your opinion isn't right. Its basically stating "I'm right and you are Wrong, get over it" type mentality.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #1,958 of 2,799

Quote:
If you are pretty much gonna be out there to insult other people then yes I will be stubborn. We all have the right to our own opinions but its still a subjective thing. Even those graphs you point to are not 100% objective as there are also potential flaws in the graphs themselves (human error). But dealing in absolutes in your opinion isn't right. Its basically stating "I'm right and you are Wrong, get over it" type mentality.

When multiple people test devices I say that's proof, don't you. As for me, I make mistakes all the time, and I admit it. Now, be an adult and move on,...and only be insulted if you can't believe in facts. 

Back on topic now, shall we?

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,961 of 2,799
Those pictures to the DX100 don't quite look as refined as the model we saw on the website. Hopefully its not because they are prototypes (or maybe not so good pictures)?
confused.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,962 of 2,799

Quote:
Do they really ship N American cords to everyone, even orders within China itself? I find that surprising.

it's Ibasso which is intended for market aside from china. although I have no idea if the mini audio one come with what cords.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #1,965 of 2,799
Any pix are going to look like crap compared to the professionally taken ones on the iBasso website.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back