iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #1,981 of 2,799

Quote:
That's very cool that it does that well.

Jalo, if you're on the fence for the DX100, I may send it to you to review...

Edit: If anyone wants to be entertained (and realize it's time to actually learn Chinese) use Google Translate to try and read the Erji thread.  You will not even be close to what the actual posts mean...

Edit: I'm a pretty good detective though, good enough to tell that 95% of the posts are the community complaining about the low quality of the pictures, which our DX100 guinea pig has now taken down.

Peter, if you do that, I'll adopt you as my headfi bro 
tongue.gif
  Thank you so much.  But I do enjoy the erji forum.  They made me laugh so bad.

The O2 may be nice but it is not portable in the real sense of portable. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,982 of 2,799

Quote:
Peter, if you do that, I'll adopt you as my headfi bro 
tongue.gif
  Thank you so much.  But I do enjoy the erji forum.  They made me laugh so bad.

The O2 may be nice but it is not portable in the real sense of portable. 

You mean like UHA4/Pico slim portable? I can't disagree there. But I have to see what it actually looks like when it arrives :p. Hopefully it can replace my Fiio E9. If so then I can sell the E9 and recoup some mula. Just checked UPS and its already in Arkansas lol. I bet I'll have it by Monday then.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,983 of 2,799
I'll be counting each and every set of impressions via Google, and it had damn well better add up to 40, and there had damn well better be photos like those on Headfonia and 6Moons, and I had damn well better win the Lottery soon.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,984 of 2,799

Quote:
You mean like UHA4/Pico slim portable? I can't disagree there. But I have to see what it actually looks like when it arrives :p. Hopefully it can replace my Fiio E9. If so then I can sell the E9 and recoup some mula. Just checked UPS and its already in Arkansas lol. I bet I'll have it by Monday then.

I really do not think there is too much need to replace the amp section of the DX100 unless you use it to drive high demanding phones like HE6. In that case you may need to line out to a SR71b or PB2 etc.  I can see with the DX100, all I need is a high quality portable phone for traveling like JH/13 or ED 8 both of which I do have.  When we are talking about line out from the DX100, it is mostly because of desktop use.  Good luck, I am jealous of you.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #1,985 of 2,799

Quote:
I'll be counting each and every set of impressions via Google, and it had damn well better add up to 40, and there had damn well better be photos like those on Headfonia and 6Moons, and I had damn well better win the Lottery soon.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol, totally agree w/ you with the addition that out of the 40 DX100s, there had damn well be at least 10 in the forsale forum at half the price. 
floatsmile.png

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #1,986 of 2,799
I like it's specs. It's product placement category is pretty out there along with products like the hm-801, C4 etc, but I like it's bricky metallic look. If I was going to buy a dap in this unique "portable desktop sound quality" category I would buy the DX100 over the others. Realistically I can't justify it though. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,987 of 2,799
My DX100 is enroute to me, so hopefully I will be able to post some initial impressions early next week. I hope that when my wife sees the size of it that I will be able to convince her that it is just another cheap little headphone amp!!

I fully expect the performance of the amplifier to be good enough that no outboard amplifier will be necessary.

While the DX100 is a bit on the pricey side, at least if hard times come, I will have a DX100 in my toybox!

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,988 of 2,799

Quote:
My DX100 is enroute to me, so hopefully I will be able to post some initial impressions early next week. I hope that when my wife sees the size of it that I will be able to convince her that it is just another cheap little headphone amp!!
I fully expect the performance of the amplifier to be good enough that no outboard amplifier will be necessary.
While the DX100 is a bit on the pricey side, at least if hard times come, I will have a DX100 in my toybox!

Ron, you little .....  You haven't post here that much but you cut in front of me and took my spot. 
devil_face.gif
  Well kidding aside, are you planning on rolling the DX100?  Probably not as I don't think there is much room to do so.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #1,989 of 2,799

Quote:

LOL. I wish you well with your spousal endeavors.  I'm now scrutinized on every package that is at the front door. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #1,990 of 2,799

Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have a Canon L 100mm macro lens and a cyclorama lighting backdrop that I've recently dropped $1200 on, here's a preview of what sort of pix it takes.  The DX100 will get the full treatment, and drool will flow like the Amazon river.

Full size: http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/28/28ede039_IMG_0731.jpeg

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,991 of 2,799

Quote:
I have a Canon L 100mm macro lens and a cyclorama lighting backdrop that I've recently dropped $1200 on, here's a preview of what sort of pix it takes.  The DX100 will get the full treatment, and drool will flow like the Amazon river.

Full size: http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/28/28ede039_IMG_0731.jpeg

Drool like the Amazon? Ahhhgg disgusting. I have had patients do that but they have a good reason. . . . oh wait. . . . ok, drool on. . 

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #1,992 of 2,799
Mine has left Alaska en route to the desert. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #1,994 of 2,799

Quote:

Looking forward to your impression!

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,995 of 2,799
Mine just left alaska 5 hours ago...too bad I don't think UPS does Saturday deliveries...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back