iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #1,277 of 2,799

Quote:
Auto-correct fail. I think I should avoid using Tapatalk for making posts!

Hmm.. funny you happen to mention Tapatalk - I frequently find Tapatalk fails to properly log into Head-Fi - it gets to the front page but then stalls when I try to load new or subscribed posts. It just sits there forever, saying its loading but never displays any posts. It's really odd because at other times it works just fine. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2. If I close Tapatalk and access Head-Fi via the browser, everything loads perfectly, so it's not the Wi-Fi or 3G connections at fault..

If you can shed any light on this erratic behaviour, I'd be most grateful! (perhaps best to PM, rather than send this thread over any more hurdles)

Cheers

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,278 of 2,799

Quote:
My wish list for this would be decent battery life, and ALAC compatibility. Would hate to have to convert my whole library to FLAC.

Well I think they will fill you need for playback compatibility but don't hold your breath for the battery. I think it will be around 10 hours as usual for these audiophile players. Only the Studio V manages to pull off a long battery life with a high grade of audio quality... (Cowon not included as that is mainstream and not focused mainly on audio quality although it is half decent).

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #1,279 of 2,799

Quote:
Well I think they will fill you need for playback compatibility but don't hold your breath for the battery. I think it will be around 10 hours as usual for these audiophile players. Only the Studio V manages to pull off a long battery life with a high grade of audio quality... (Cowon not included as that is mainstream and not focused mainly on audio quality although it is half decent).

I'm personally hoping for 20 hours or so. And considering the ability to use whatever app we choose for audio playback, plus a booming amp, I think this thing will be killer!!!

Now, where did you get that Cowon is mainstream? The company isn't. And Cowon SPECIALIZES in audio quality & sound enhancements - so what you've just said is misinformation. Their players are far better than half decent. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact based on tons of reviews and users listening experiences,...mine included.

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,280 of 2,799

Is android known to have long battery life though? I've always heard this was the weak point with their devices? Then again maybe this thing is a bomb and has a large @$$ battery to boot :).
Quote:

I'm personally hoping for 20 hours or so. And considering the ability to use whatever app we choose for audio playback, plus a booming amp, I think this thing will be killer!!!

Now, where did you get that Cowon is mainstream? The company isn't. And Cowon SPECIALIZES in audio quality & sound enhancements - so what you've just said is misinformation. Their players are far better than half decent. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact based on tons of reviews and users listening experiences,...mine included.

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,281 of 2,799

Quote:

studio UI is the most primitive and basic interface i have ever encountered. i'd be surprised if someone said it's complicated, and unintuitive.

ugly? yes. complicated? i gotta LOL here

I think that is a positive that it is so primitive and easy to use, it does what is is suppose to do. You press the button and it plays music lol. Kiteki thought this was a negative. "Oh yeah we gotta make music sound better by making a crappy UI to pair with the amazing  sound"
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,282 of 2,799
Fantastic - missed about 5 pages of this thread over the weekend, but quickly scanning them this morning has convinced me that the only thing I really missed is that a batch *may* have been shipped to Japan and the price *may* be around the 700 USD mark (echoes of my bogus '699.00' screen grab from the iBasso store ....). BTW, Kiteki, I think your earlier estimate was $599, but I'm not going to wade through this monster to confirm that.

Otherwise, its situation normal - no-one here has heard so much as a prototype and it wont be released to the rest of the world until 'after CNY'.   As I said, situation normal - all freaked up.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #1,283 of 2,799
Hi,

I haven't bothered to read all the posts in this thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned - I received an e-mail from iBasso confirming that the product will be released this week, subject to success in their testing.

Thanks,

Thomas

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #1,284 of 2,799

Quote:
Fantastic - missed about 5 pages of this thread over the weekend, but quickly scanning them this morning has convinced me that the only thing I really missed is that a batch *may* have been shipped to Japan and the price *may* be around the 700 USD mark (echoes of my bogus '699.00' screen grab from the iBasso store ....). BTW, Kiteki, I think your earlier estimate was $599, but I'm not going to wade through this monster to confirm that.

Otherwise, its situation normal - no-one here has heard so much as a prototype and it wont be released to the rest of the world until 'after CNY'.   As I said, situation normal - all freaked up.

Lets hope Kiteki is right about the $599.00 price tag. That is still much better than $700.00 :)

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,286 of 2,799

Quote:
Lets hope Kiteki is right about the $599.00 price tag. That is still much better than $700.00 :)

Personally, for this sweetie, I think $399 would be the sweet spot. I hope I'm right, but I want this so bad I'd be dumb enough to pay more. 
L3000.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,287 of 2,799
nytwytboy, I'm going to make a prediction - that you will buy one of the first batch made available to the 'rest of the world', regardless of cost .....

I've said it before, but I know how much people like to hear the sound of my voice : iBasso will struggle to match demand for this thing. For every Head-Fier who says 'too rich for my blood !',  10 people will quietly hand over their credit card details - how else could there possibly be so many LCD-2/3/Melody Merlin owners in one place ?

I was going to get one, then I realised how badly I need a new bar fridge. Bar fridges hold beer, and everything sounds so much better with beer - problem solved !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #1,288 of 2,799
So right estreeter. First visited head-fi I was considering to buy cheap earbuds and clip+. Now I am aiming at Kozee TF10 Reshell and iBasso DX100.

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #1,289 of 2,799
C'mon - why deprive yourself - you know this is where you want/need to be ....

http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/dcs_scarlatti_sacdcd_playback_system

Is anyone in this economy shopping for a four-box, rack-swallowing, two-channel SACD/CD player contending for the state of the art and costing $79,996?

Source sorted, you then go shopping for an amp .....

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,290 of 2,799

Quote:
C'mon - why deprive yourself - you know this is where you want/need to be ....

http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/dcs_scarlatti_sacdcd_playback_system

Is anyone in this economy shopping for a four-box, rack-swallowing, two-channel SACD/CD player contending for the state of the art and costing $79,996?

Source sorted, you then go shopping for an amp .....

I wonder how it will sound like with FiiO E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back