iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #871 of 2,799

Quote:
Couldn't find a better name for your Avatar ,I will feel guilty every time I have to quote you stupid11, sorry but his sounds wrong man
biggrin.gif
.......welcome to the club.....

He might be nicknamed stupid, but he goes up to eleven! :)

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #872 of 2,799
Its juvenile, but I'm smarting over this throwaway line from Abi at anythingbutipod:

the claim that those devices sound any “better” than the next quality brand player has yet to be proven.

Given that 'sounds better' is an entirely subjective assessment, I don't see how anyone can 'prove' that my T51 sounds better than any iPod/Cowon/Sony/iRiver player I have owned, even if I 100% agree with his comments about the crap UI. The only thing that matters is that it sounds better to my ears, with my phones, and my music.

'How much better ?' is a tougher question, and I'd imagine that it wont get any easier with the DX100. I suspect that many of us dream of desktop-grade hi-fi in a (trans)portable form factor, but that was the claim with the HM-801 and its been greeted with considerably less enthusiasm outside the Head-Fi community. I suspect that choosing Android for the UI was a masterstroke on iBasso's part, and I hope it pays off for them.

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #875 of 2,799

Quote:
What's happened to the ibasso site? Been done for ages...

I have a thread about that, but several have reported that they are having no problems. It has been noted that Avast! anti-virus has it flagged as a potential attack site - try turning off your anti-virus,  load the URL and see whether it makes a difference.

avast! blocked you from visiting an infected webpage

Infection Details

URL: http://www.ibasso.com/
Process: file://C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\...
Infection: url:Mal
Warn your friends to avoid this website

Threat stats for last 30 days

Blocked infected sites: 30,078,872
Infected domains: 250,740

Compared to in the past, when email was the key method for spreading viruses, our Virus Lab research shows that more than 80% of malware now spreads via the internet. More notably, only 1% comes from suspicious or ‘dodgy’ sites – the rest spreads via legitimate websites that have been hacked

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #876 of 2,799
I would add that their site was extensively hacked this time last year - they seem to have gone for a lot of 'gee whiz' content, and my experience has been that the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principle makes it a whole lot easier from a security POV. Let PayPal and others concentrate on the security stuff - its what they pay people handsomely for.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #877 of 2,799
Get a MAC, no problems with access. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #879 of 2,799
@kiteki, as 'reviews' go, that is kinda ordinary. Its like me trying to tell you I've compared the EPH-02 with my other portable amps and its just 'better'.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #882 of 2,799

Quote:
Its juvenile, but I'm smarting over this throwaway line from Abi at anythingbutipod:

the claim that those devices sound any “better” than the next quality brand player has yet to be proven.

Given that 'sounds better' is an entirely subjective assessment, I don't see how anyone can 'prove' that my T51 sounds better than any iPod/Cowon/Sony/iRiver player I have owned, even if I 100% agree with his comments about the crap UI. The only thing that matters is that it sounds better to my ears, with my phones, and my music.

'How much better ?' is a tougher question, and I'd imagine that it wont get any easier with the DX100. I suspect that many of us dream of desktop-grade hi-fi in a (trans)portable form factor, but that was the claim with the HM-801 and its been greeted with considerably less enthusiasm outside the Head-Fi community. I suspect that choosing Android for the UI was a masterstroke on iBasso's part, and I hope it pays off for them.

Words coming from a wise-man, are like carving in stones. I000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agree, and after my first android "Sony Ray" and now Galaxy Note, I could not agree more, well done estreeter .

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #884 of 2,799

Quote:

I don't understand why everyone dislikes the T51 UI so much.

It's faster than any iPhone I've used.

So is the HiSound Studio Dap. But it's still very un-intuitive, complicated and frankly - butt ugly. Haven't tried the T51, I'm only bashing the Hisound player (which sounded great btw, once you figured out how to make it play music).

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #885 of 2,799

Quote:
Get a MAC, no problems with access. 

I had no problems with Win 7. I think the issue for him was perhaps Avast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back