iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,311 of 2,799
Info from iBasso:

"We are going to fix some software bugs first. We will start taking the pre-order next week."

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2,312 of 2,799

Quote:
I think if anything the ibasso DX1000 price would be the fix to that risk. Its so expensive that I highly doubt it would jeopardize its other lower end products.

Perhaps so. iBasso is definitely taking a conservative approach here. I just hope iBasso will fix all the bugs reported THEN work on the features desired by owners / prospective buyers.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #2,313 of 2,799

Quote:
It needs a receiver.

no it doesnt, the es9018 has inbuilt 8 channel spdif/i2s/dxd mux with switching (only on spdif, i2s cannot switch multiple sources) however there is no input socket or spdif transformer (not entirely needed but preferred) for usb there would need to be a reciever

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #2,314 of 2,799

Quote:
no it doesnt, the es9018 has inbuilt 8 channel spdif/i2s/dxd mux with switching (only on spdif, i2s cannot switch multiple sources) however there is no input socket or spdif transformer (not entirely needed but preferred) for usb there would need to be a reciever

So you are saying its a possibility for them to implement USB DAC function? If so they should do so as this would kill the 801 for sure. No question about it at all.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #2,315 of 2,799
erm..... no, as i said the usb input would need a usb-i2s convertor/receiver, that or some sort of customized firmware to enable usb data streamed through the usb input to be treated as usb audio. adding an spdif input i would think would be a pretty simple mod for anyone with enough balls to start hacking their player at this stage =) it doesnt need a spdif receiver as there is an 8 channel one on the chip. that all depends on how they have set up the inputs.

i was only referring to the quote i...quoted, it does not need an spdif receiver, however the fact it has spdif output might mean it has some sort of MUX or DIT chip muxing the inputs and outputs internally, which would complicate things

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2,316 of 2,799
I meant usb receiver, having computer DAC in mind.

Quote:
erm..... no, as i said the usb input would need a usb-i2s convertor/receiver, that or some sort of customized firmware to enable usb data streamed through the usb input to be treated as usb audio. adding an spdif input i would think would be a pretty simple mod for anyone with enough balls to start hacking their player at this stage =) it doesnt need a spdif receiver as there is an 8 channel one on the chip. that all depends on how they have set up the inputs.

i was only referring to the quote i...quoted, it does not need an spdif receiver, however the fact it has spdif output might mean it has some sort of MUX or DIT chip muxing the inputs and outputs internally, which would complicate things

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #2,317 of 2,799

Quote:
So you are saying its a possibility for them to implement USB DAC function? If so they should do so as this would kill the 801 for sure. No question about it at all.

Can we all make a pact not to make wild, sweeping statements like this, please ?? The DX100 has absolutely no facility for use as a balanced source - the 801 does. That might be a small segment of an already small segment of the buying public, but its one point of difference : I'm sure 801 owners will still be enjoying their DAP without constantly wondering about the DX100. The arrival of the HD800 didnt instantly make every other headphone a poor choice.

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #2,318 of 2,799
Also we are forgetting that this is the first DAP Ibasso has made, and the first 40 batch were (to me) beta products, and there promotional price somehow lead me to think so (needed Beta testers!).
So I am sure many if not all bugs will be resolved in the next batch, or Ibasso will be killing its own DAP.
My friend who works in a very well known factory in the US, advised me not to buy any newly released product. Fail is always an option, esp. if the company ignores its customer's requests.
So give Ibasso a chance, from 40 products there must be at least one defective unit, but Ibasso will soon reply our emails and sooth our concerns, enjoy your music...........

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #2,319 of 2,799
"Hi,
Thank you for bug list.
We just started working on the bug list today. Hopefully, we can correct those bugs in 2 weeks.
Great jobs, you guys are wonderful. We appreciate this, even some of them arent bugs. :)

Best Regards,"

iBasso Audio

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #2,320 of 2,799

Quote:
"...We appreciate this, even some of them arent bugs. :) ..."

LOL! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #2,321 of 2,799
Can we download there updated software from marketplace? How do we fix bugs in devices that already shipped out?

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #2,322 of 2,799

Quote:
Can we download there updated software from marketplace? How do we fix bugs in devices that already shipped out?

Mischa, they will be working on the updates. Apps you buy from Android market are shown as update is available when access it thru your DAP. System updates are handled thru:
settings->about phone (or your device)->software update->update.
and Ibasso may release it as a download to pc then update your DAP when connected to PC. You have to wait .

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #2,323 of 2,799

Quote:

Mischa, they will be working on the updates. Apps you buy from Android market are shown as update is available when access it thru your DAP. System updates are handled thru:
settings->about phone (or your device)->software update->update.
and Ibasso may release it as a download to pc then update your DAP when connected to PC. You have to wait .

You do good work.
beyersmile.png

I think that I want you to do it with Macintosh

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #2,324 of 2,799
Has anybody literally opened up the ibasso dx100? I would like to see what parts are used and how the insides look like :D

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,325 of 2,799
Has anybody literally opened up the ibasso dx100? I would like to see what parts are used and how the insides look like :D

Several have tried without success to open the case. Persistence could easily be rewarded by damage not covered by warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back