iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #12,257 of 13,503

About album/artist recognition, look up mp3 tag from post #1 of this thread :-

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

The problem is not the ablum/artist recognition, I think I expressed myself wrong. When I access the music via folders all the files show up, but they all show 0.00 as length and the player crashes when I try to play them. When I acces via Music or Albums, only a few show up, which play ok.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #12,258 of 13,503
Same here. I got the DX50 but I still prefer my DX100 over it
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #12,259 of 13,503
  So, after a long time of faithful service, my DX100 has decided not to recognize the 64gb of flac I have on the internal memory. It just states "No music on your dap!" even after forced rescans, factory reset and everything - and the files show up fine if I use directory view, but they won't play. 
confused.gif

Edit: What - looks like some of the old files have been corrupted, but a freshly transferred album plays just fine...

Not a smart move by the DX100 now that I'm considering selling it to go fulltime DX50 + amp 
biggrin.gif

Edit 2: Now everything is back. Gotta love the random bonus features of this DAP! 
ph34r.gif

Hey Sorensiim, did you do anything before the files played again? I think I may be having the same problem

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #12,260 of 13,503
Is the DX100 discontinued ? i contacted Ibasso, and they said they don't have any stock. I contacted again asking when they would have or if it's end of the line, they never replied. A friend of mine checked with them about five  weeks ago, and also they did not have stock. Unless they make them in batches, but they did not reply to me.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #12,261 of 13,503
  Is the DX100 discontinued ? i contacted Ibasso, and they said they don't have any stock. I contacted again asking when they would have or if it's end of the line, they never replied. A friend of mine checked with them about five  weeks ago, and also they did not have stock. Unless they make them in batches, but they did not reply to me.

Interesting. Maybe DX200 is coming @ 2014. Just a wild guess
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #12,262 of 13,503
After nearly 2 years I have finally encountered the music order bug.
eg my music file is number 163 and the tag is also 163, but it showing up as 20 in the file view on the DX100 and so is played after number 19 plays (even though that is file number 78).

Funny how I've never encountered\noticed this before.

Was this ever fixed or was there a workaround?

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #12,264 of 13,503
After nearly 2 years I have finally encountered the music order bug.
eg my music file is number 163 and the tag is also 163, but it showing up as 20 in the file view on the DX100 and so is played after number 19 plays (even though that is file number 78).

Funny how I've never encountered\noticed this before.

Was this ever fixed or was there a workaround?

use DriveSort :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #12,265 of 13,503
Was there a second edition of the DX100 or it's the same since introduction ? Like was there any hardware change from beginning ? I'm asking as Ibasso is out of stock, and there are some resellers who have stock, but I don't know how old is their unit. Firmware is no issue, can be dealt with, but hardware is different.

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #12,266 of 13,503
I think I may be having some problem with the Media process, it keeps restarting itself. I'm not doing anything else other than watching the runing processes. Maybe it could have something to do with the DX failing to properly recognize part of the music?

Update: actually I have only seen it restart once, it just says restarting but doesn't seem to be doing anything. It says, under "Media", 0 processes and 1 service. Then to the right it says 196Mb, and under it, Restarting.

Update2: I found a way to improve the situation. If I turn it on without the sd and wait untill it indexes, all is fine. When I insert th sd, it stops recognizing everything, but after a while it recognizes the files on the internal memory again, and a little few of the ones on the sd. After 1 anf a half hours of inserting th sd card, nothing else has changed. It seems like the Media process spends most of the time "Restarting", from time to time it actually starts, but after a few seconds both the it and the Music process restart. While "Music" begins to work again in a moment, "Media" stays in this state.

Any ideas are welcome!!

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #12,267 of 13,503
  Was there a second edition of the DX100 or it's the same since introduction ? Like was there any hardware change from beginning ? I'm asking as Ibasso is out of stock, and there are some resellers who have stock, but I don't know how old is their unit. Firmware is no issue, can be dealt with, but hardware is different.

As far as I know, the hardware has not changed since day one

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #12,268 of 13,503
I think I may be having some problem with the Media process, it keeps restarting itself. I'm not doing anything else other than watching the runing processes. Maybe it could have something to do with the DX failing to properly recognize part of the music?

Update: actually I have only seen it restart once, it just says restarting but doesn't seem to be doing anything. It says, under "Media", 0 processes and 1 service. Then to the right it says 196Mb, and under it, Restarting.

Update2: I found a way to improve the situation. If I turn it on without the sd and wait untill it indexes, all is fine. When I insert th sd, it stops recognizing everything, but after a while it recognizes the files on the internal memory again, and a little few of the ones on the sd. After 1 anf a half hours of inserting th sd card, nothing else has changed. It seems like the Media process spends most of the time "Restarting", from time to time it actually starts, but after a few seconds both the it and the Music process restart. While "Music" begins to work again in a moment, "Media" stays in this state.

Any ideas are welcome!!

have you tried to 'clear data' for both music and media? then rebooting the device to have a 'clean' database to reindex?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back