iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #12,271 of 13,503
have you tried to 'clear data' for both music and media? then rebooting the device to have a 'clean' database to reindex?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
I'm trying this right now, I'll post the results

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #12,272 of 13,503
Hi everyone, i'm back again lol.
Anyway, i haven't changed the battery yet (still waiting for my laptop to arrive, don't wanna to do paypal trans using my phone)
But from the reply from goodvibes (post 12240, pg.816) regarding the bad connection, i've decided to crack it open.
When i opened, the date on the battery shows around dec.2011.. It's been long enough, but the battery is still in good physical condition (At least, it doesn't bloat)
Then i pull the connector, give it some deoxit, sanding other connector (the male one), cleaning it, and plugging it in, and voila.

At least it solves the second problem. Thanks goodvibes :D
The fist problem still occurs btw.. I wondered if that will change if i calibrate the battery? :p
I guess i will calibrate it today, i will let you know the result :wink:

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #12,273 of 13,503
It's not too hard to swap the batteries but you do wanna be careful when you open up the DX100 (that is if you still want to keep it in it's current condition and not scratch/dent it more).

Also be patient with the battery delivery. Mine took a little over a month 'cos China post initially rejected the delivery and posted it back to iBasso. On 2nd round it was over holidays and it took some time (which I thought China post boomeranged it back to iBasso again; in which they sent another battery). I then received 2xbatteries within a day of each other.

The strange part is, i can crack open it by hand, not using any tools. Maybe the dx100 has been opened by someone before..?
Lol it seems that china is.... Quite troubling when it comes to shipping battery.
But i haven't put my irder yet because of that early experiment, will see later if calibrating can help me or not..

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #12,274 of 13,503
The strange part is, i can crack open it by hand, not using any tools. Maybe the dx100 has been opened by someone before..?
Lol it seems that china is.... Quite troubling when it comes to shipping battery.
But i haven't put my irder yet because of that early experiment, will see later if calibrating can help me or not..

That's weired, does it have the screws on the top and bottom?

Nov 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #12,279 of 13,503
err, it does have, but after i opened up all of those screws, all i did are just open it byhand, not by pricking using a card, or guitar pick..

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #12,281 of 13,503
So
I can't use the formating tool, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
The instructions say I should connect the DX via USB and then press the reset button while holding the volume + button, but the moment I plug the USB, it turns itself on and goes to the android USB screen. If I hold the volume +and press reset now, it does it all over again.
Is it supposed tu turn itself on when you plug the USB cable?
Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, after reset nº 7 or 8, it worked!

Edit2: Nothing changed
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #12,282 of 13,503
I just ordered my DX100 and plan to get few 64GB Micro SDXC. Has anybody tried the Sony ones ? And if so, any issues ? They are cheaper than the Sandisk and have  similar or even  better speed ( excluding the "extreme ") ?

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #12,283 of 13,503
biggrin.gif
I think I found a way around it!
When I turned on the DX100 with the sd card in, it would only recognize a few of the albums on the sd card. All the files showed up via directory but displayed 0.00 as length and caused the player to crash when I attempted to ply them.
If I turn it on without the sd card, it recognizes all the music on the onternal memory, and if I then insert the card it will only recognize a few folders correctly. The rest of the files behave the same, BUT, if instead of trying to play this files (or play the entire sub-folders, which cause the player to crash as well), I long click on the artist folder (that is the folder that is directly on the sd: sd\folder) and play all, it scans this particular files and after that they era recognized correctly!
So all I have to do is do this for all the artists that are not recognized rihght away.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #12,284 of 13,503
Grrrr, one of my relatives dropped my dx100 and scratched the screen along with wrecking the charging port. It was the one time I let someone use it without supervision. Now once I get it back I feel like it can never leave my sight. I just shipped it out, and I already miss my music. My brother is nice enough to borrow me his ipod, but the sq is just not the same along with it only having about 1/5th the music. 

Anybody have suggestions for cases? The silicon case seems like a total rip off in my opinion. I read earlier in this thread people were using Nintendo DS cases, which I will have to try as I have a couple. Anybody find one that makes the screen usable at the same time as protecting it? I am open to DIY ideas, I was thinking of designing a leather dx100 wallet type case, but I have never worked with leather before.

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #12,285 of 13,503
  Grrrr, one of my relatives dropped my dx100 and scratched the screen along with wrecking the charging port. It was the one time I let someone use it without supervision. Now once I get it back I feel like it can never leave my sight. I just shipped it out, and I already miss my music. My brother is nice enough to borrow me his ipod, but the sq is just not the same along with it only having about 1/5th the music. 

Anybody have suggestions for cases? The silicon case seems like a total rip off in my opinion. I read earlier in this thread people were using Nintendo DS cases, which I will have to try as I have a couple. Anybody find one that makes the screen usable at the same time as protecting it? I am open to DIY ideas, I was thinking of designing a leather dx100 wallet type case, but I have never worked with leather before.

I used to be in the leather business making fine pieces for NY and so on. You have to make a paper pattern first, then experience for how much extra to cut and how everything goes together when sewing. Also the Hand, the softness, board, of the leather and the thickness for the project. And the right sewing technique, whether by hand or machine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back