iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #11,732 of 13,503
radiohead7

try to change your router to use single channel instead of multichannel. I had the same problem before. it would intermittent pick up the signal even if you place the dx100 2 inches next to the router but I notice when I went to my friend's house, it connects everytime without problems. My friend told me he's using an old router set to use channel 6. I configured my router the same way, now my dx100 connects everytime.

Regarding poweramp, unless it is using iBasso's API, you cant play hires files and it is going to use the stock android api which doesnt sound as good compared to the built in music player using ibasso's API :)

I'm hoping iBasso would release their API to gonemad or poweramp.:wink:

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #11,733 of 13,503
Quote:
radiohead7

try to change your router to use single channel instead of multichannel. I had the same problem before. it would intermittent pick up the signal even if you place the dx100 2 inches next to the router but I notice when I went to my friend's house, it connects everytime without problems. My friend told me he's using an old router set to use channel 6. I configured my router the same way, now my dx100 connects everytime.

Regarding poweramp, unless it is using iBasso's API, you cant play hires files and it is going to use the stock android api which doesnt sound as good compared to the built in music player using ibasso's API
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm hoping iBasso would release their API to gonemad or poweramp.
wink.gif

Please! It's been too long since we had any news about this!
It's very frustrating to know that I'm not hearing the dx100 on it's full potential, but I have a lot of music and change tracks constantly. Besides all my music is organized in a folder structure, whis has taken me a lot of time.
All my hopes are in this possibility now, please ibasso, release the &%$ªª0*^]~€ API!!

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #11,734 of 13,503
iBasso would release the API soon but will give access only to a few contracted developers  - this is what I got from them last time I emailed them circa 1 month ago. Unfortunately they can't tell me who are those developers. 
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #11,735 of 13,503
I see a lot if people getting external amps to use with dx100. Why is this? What does the dx100s own amp lack?

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #11,737 of 13,503
Look factor:)
I add amps, sometimes , but works great without

Example
I use hd600 mainly with Intruder- balance output- so I feed the intruder using dx100 line out

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #11,738 of 13,503
The DX100 on its own is really good and matched sonically by few standalone players.

Tried a few amps like the Vorzuge pure and Pico Power, they were good. Added some different flavor to the DX100 sound but it was just a different taste to DX100's vanilla.

Unfortunately, i had the good (or not) fortune to try with the ALO rxMK3-B amp and the sound literally blew me away. 
L3000.gif

the rxMK3-B brought the DX100 sound to another level, and for a portable, it sure sounds like a decent home set-up on the go.

These days it's tough going back to just the DX100 alone.

Those who have the same stack will probably know what i mean.
o2smile.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #11,740 of 13,503
Quote:
I had the MK3-B but prefer the Intruder instead but the big brick is unnecessary since the DX100 is half a brick itself.

Yeah. The intruder gave the DX100 a very smooth mids and improved lows.
Didn't really blow me away but the intruder is very very good, a different presentation which i wouldn't mind having as well.
biggrin.gif

And yes, it is a brick. Not sure how the other headfiers carry theirs around, but am sure my wrists are developing muscles where i can't see them.
smile.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #11,744 of 13,503
As I talked with NO.2 representitive in ibasso a month ago, I was noticed that ibasso failed to cooperate with poweramp since they never came to a compromise about the finance for the cooperation. I think, therefore, we should forget about the poweramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back