iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #11,761 of 13,503
I still don't understand it completely, what did poweramp try to charge ibasso for? Some copyright you say, but I would think that the only copyright involved would be the one over the API, and in that case wouldn't it be the other way around?
And in any case, if it is poweramp who wanted to charge ibasso, couldn't they please ask us customers wether we are willing to absorve that cost?
I gues it would probably be too much, but if that was the case then the idea would have never made sense.

The way I see it, if there was no charging involved, ibasso would win because many of it's customers wolud be much more satisfied with a better working product, and poweramp would win from what it charged for the app, which could be considerably more than what they charge for the regular poweramp.
The only obstacle I see, is ibasso's concern that it's API could be revealed to others through poweramp, but this could be easily prevented with some sort of confidentiality agreement.

frown.gif
sorry if this mekes on sense

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #11,762 of 13,503
after nearly two hrs demo btw ak120 and dx100.i finally pull the trigger on dx100.just cant forget its smoothness after audition.to me,dx100 does have some unique character where ak120 is some good sounding dap. actually i hv some consistent view on ak100and ak120 that they r lacking of something. guess i will be quite happy for a while.

sorry guys i havent been able to flip back so many pages but wats the best firmware version for dx100?

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #11,763 of 13,503
functionally - UI/gapless, the best firmware is 1.4.2 :) 

as for the sound, there are those who prefer 1.1.7, 1.2.7 etc so I guess you should try them out.
but first you need to know what firmware you are on when you did the demo. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #11,766 of 13,503
One of the best "feature" of the DX100 is for the user to be able to change the sound according to the many firmwares available and in an easy no extra software need manner.

If only all these firmwares can be stored in the DX100, and allow user to select one like they would a custom EQ setting. that would be really something.
smile.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #11,769 of 13,503
they promise to release the API long time ago, just wondering if we can hasten it a bit.

I think 1.4.2 is the last (I'm still hoping that it's not) firmware that iBasso would release for the DX100, so our "requests" is pretty much left to third party developers to fulfill 
redface.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #11,770 of 13,503
So far ibasso has yet to mention the 1.4.2 being their last firmware update. Reckon it would require more time to refine what they already have done so far. I still believe the DX100 has some mileage to go in terms of sound improvement, since we've heard better coming from the Sabre DAC itself.

Would be nice if those developers do come around so we have more options. Though by then, we probably could expect the DX100 successor to be out.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #11,771 of 13,503
Well,just tried dx100 lineout to pico slim=>heir 5.0+, sounded more transparent and pure than the headphone out, not too sure whether its just phsyco or not....the sound is rounded in a nice way and gives more body.

Straight out of phone out gives brighter sound and probably sounds more dynamic but a bit thinner.
Anyway,anyone tried some good portable amp which takes line in ?
Maybe it's not burnt in,dx100 is a bit shy of bass. Maybe an amp will bring it out?

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #11,772 of 13,503
Am using the DX100 > Toxic Cable Silver Poison IC > ALO rxMK3-B > Twaq v2 > JH13 pro.

This is the closest to a HiFi sound on a portable i've come across. And my current favorite set-up.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back