iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #8,836 of 13,503
Quote:

I'm behind, so excuse me if I've missed this, but is there a guide on how to do this? Considering I can't sell mine and ship it anywhere (due to the battery) I may as well make it work well.

Currawong you don't remember the DX100 Faq page that we all contributed to? :)

Sorrensiim posted his guide in the Faq page. You'll have to open up the hidden tab to view it however. I also highly recommend you update the player to 1.2.7. That is the players bread and butter. It is amazing how damn good the unit sounds on this firmware. 1.1.7 was great, 1.2.3 was crap. 1.2.7 is where it is at :p.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

Nov 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #8,838 of 13,503
Hi guys, I have faced an annoying bug on the DX100
I am new to DX100 and has recently updated it to 1.2.7.
So far the sounds are great but sometimes...
When playing music, sometimes it just randomly stops when screen is off(I didn't press any button). And whenever I turn on the screen again, the song resumes again with a little "pop" sound inside my IEM. And this is quite annoying as the basic function of this machine - music playing, is seriously abrupted. 

Have anyone faced this bug before? I am quite worrying that I would need to send it back to iBasso but as this is quite a "random" bug, they may not able to fix it anyway. Anyone has ideas on its cause or any solutions(may be overheating? but sometimes it just happens when I just turn on the machine :frowning2: )

Thank you guys so much! :D

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #8,839 of 13,503
When playing music, sometimes it just randomly pauses(I didn't press any button). And whenever I turn on the screen again, the song resumes again with a little "pop" sound inside my IEM. And this is quite annoying as the basic function of this machine - music playing, is seriously abrupted. 

Have anyone faced this bug before? I am quite worrying that I would need to send it back to iBasso but as this is quite a "random" bug, they may not able to fix it anyway. Anyone has ideas on its cause or any solutions(may be overheating? but sometimes it just happens when I just turn on the machine :frowning2: )

You mean the music stop playing when the screen off ?
Try click the "music" icon, play the song from there.

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #8,840 of 13,503
Quote:
Quote:

I'm behind, so excuse me if I've missed this, but is there a guide on how to do this? Considering I can't sell mine and ship it anywhere (due to the battery) I may as well make it work well.

Here you go:http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

No, don't thank me, thank the guy that started the FAQ, although his name escapes me right now... Hmm... who was it?

Doh! Thanks. It's been a long week and I forgot about the spoiler bit.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #8,841 of 13,503
Quote:
You mean the music stop playing when the screen off ?
Try click the "music" icon, play the song from there.

Yeah you are partially right. Songs suddenly stop playing sometimes when screen is off and when I turn the screen on it resumes, together with a "pop" sound heard in my IEM. I assumes it's a bug. Anyone has ever faced it before?

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #8,842 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah you are partially right. Songs suddenly stop playing sometimes when screen is off and when I turn the screen on it resumes, together with a "pop" sound heard in my IEM. I assumes it's a bug. Anyone has ever faced it before?

Mine has done it a couple of times on 1.2.7

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #8,843 of 13,503
Hello friends.

Mine too but just a couple of times after the update with the new firmware, now is working fine and the sound is really GREAT.

Lately I play music one o tow minutes after turn it on like someone said some days ago and MAYBE it sound better. Can somebody with celestial ears sensibility confirm this?

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #8,844 of 13,503
Quote:
When playing music, sometimes it just randomly stops when screen is off(I didn't press any button). And whenever I turn on the screen again, the song resumes again with a little "pop" sound inside my IEM. And this is quite annoying as the basic function of this machine - music playing, is seriously abrupted. 

I had that problem as well.  I worked around it by going to Settings-->Display-->Screen Timeout; from there...select "never sleep".  That should hopefully sort you out.  Mine was also pausing the music when the screen slept...so, don't let the screen sleep.  Just hit the power button and turn the screen off after you've started your playlist or whatever you wanted to listen to...since I've selected "never sleep" I haven't had the problem with the music pausing...and there are no issues with playing while the screen is off.

hope that helps ya out.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #8,845 of 13,503
Quote:

Lucky you have only little pop sound. Mine IEMs produces really loud pop sound and I was afraid that it's gonna break it.:)
Go to setting and choose never let the screen turn off automatically should fix this. But you will have to always turn of the screen by yourself.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #8,846 of 13,503
Guys thanks for your replies so much~ I have soft reset the machine and press the reset button at the side once and now it "seems" seldomly happen.

And Umm... I am not going to enable the "screen never sleep" option haha~ as you know the battery drains very fast already. Pretty afraid if pressing the buttons accidentally and the battery will just drain like it pee-pees :D but anyway, really thanks for the methods you provide.

---Edited: BTW guys where did you find the options of "screen never sleep"? because in the setting I can only find "30mins before sleep" option--------

BTW, I am currently using a 8-units CM and I find it sounds super-good when I plug the CM into the 6.3mm hole with an adapter under mid-gain level. Anyone agrees with me? Seems the 6.3mm provides more details (due to larger power output i assume) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back