iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #7,936 of 13,503
Quote:
I have been listening a lot again with the JH13's and they sound great with the DX100. Now I have the ATH-ESW10's and they are also driven to some of the best sound I have heard out of them. The 10's may have been expensive but they are enjoyable to use.

I still don't understand why you don't have the issues with fade in on your tracks. What kinda music are you using jamato? Any particular format and means that you access these files? Something just doesn't add up when you say you don't have any of the issues mentioned on 1.1.7 when everyone else seems to have them... Would be nice to see a screen shot of some of these files in mp3tag :).

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #7,939 of 13,503
I still don't understand why you don't have the issues with fade in on your tracks. What kinda music are you using jamato? Any particular format and means that you access these files? Something just doesn't add up when you say you don't have any of the issues mentioned on 1.1.7 when everyone else seems to have them... Would be nice to see a screen shot of some of these files in mp3tag :).

I am also using 1.1.7 and have no issues with fade-in cutting out part of the music. Mine seems to work just as it is supposed to. It is pretty nearly ideal gapless. In the Gapless settings menu, I have checked the 5 second box. Works for me.

As I only use .wav files, I don't see album art, but that is of no concern to me.

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #7,941 of 13,503
Quote:
I am also using 1.1.7 and have no issues with fade-in cutting out part of the music. Mine seems to work just as it is supposed to. It is pretty nearly ideal gapless. In the Gapless settings menu, I have checked the 5 second box. Works for me.
As I only use .wav files, I don't see album art, but that is of no concern to me.

Maybe that could be the reason. If you are only using WAV and you had also mentioned 5 sec gap. I only use FLAC and a few mp3s.

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #7,942 of 13,503
Damn, these things keep dropping: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Ultra-Class-Micro-Adapter/dp/B007JTKM30/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3JI2OUI6MOTZD&coliid=I2LDTR53KFPPP9

£37 for a 64gb Sandisk MicroSD... 
blink.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #7,943 of 13,503
Now we just need the 128 GB to hit the market and I'll be quite happy for some time (once the price drops to sanity levels)... I think it'll give me enough time til the 256 comes out :wink:. By this time is when Apple is gonna start having problems I think with the market. What they really need to do though is make a means to embed album art and tags on WAV :).

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #7,945 of 13,503
lol :p. Reason I'm wishing for this though is that there seems to be some inconsistencies even between FLAC and WAV format (Risking World War III here :wink:.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #7,946 of 13,503
I've heard this been discussed before. Could the decoding / uncompressing process have some slight effect after all? This is highly controversial, but not to be ruled out necessarily.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #7,947 of 13,503
Quote:
I've heard this been discussed before. Could the decoding / uncompressing process have some slight effect after all? This is highly controversial, but not to be ruled out necessarily.

That is what I am thinking. But I am also catching "flack" (no point intended :wink: from others regarding this. Supposedly it is impossible :).

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #7,948 of 13,503
At the risk of sounding dense, I cannot figure out the need for album art to be displayed momentarily on a tiny screen! I doubt whether much attention is given to the album art when playing the original CD other than identifying the album by the name on the edge of the box.

Perhaps the lack of decoding album art on wav files results is less processing work for the processor, resulting in snappier performance and fewer artifacts when playing a file, not that I have any evidence of this, just a thought. Along with sounding excellent, decoding the uncompressed .wav files seem to be the easiest task for a DAP to execute.

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #7,949 of 13,503
You have a point. I just like the presentation though. It's appealing to have everything neat and with the album art showing. Not a necessary thing but a luxury I like.

To elaborate more on the difference I'm hearing on the 3.5 and full size HOs on the DX100. The full size jack focuses the sound stage more in the center, the sound stage isn't quite as wide but has good vertical imaging. I think separation may be a tad better as well, it takes more control of the sound. But I do like how the 3.5 jack is a bit more euphoric, and a wider sound stage.  The presentation isn't so centered through the 3.5 HO and is positioned lower. Really nice to have both options to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back